View Poll Results: What's your favourite faction in the Empire Total War Grand Campaign?

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • Austria

1 1.79%
  • France

7 12.50%
  • Great Britain

17 30.36%
  • Maratha Confederacy

4 7.14%
  • Ottoman Empire

2 3.57%
  • Poland-Lithuania

1 1.79%
  • Prussia

9 16.07%
  • Russia

3 5.36%
  • Spain

0 0%
  • Sweden

4 7.14%
  • United Provinces

2 3.57%
  • Other (you're invited to specify the faction on the poll thread)

6 10.71%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10th anniversary poll for Empire Total War: favourite faction (Grand Campaign)

Alwyn's Avatar Frothy Goodness
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

Default 10th anniversary poll for Empire Total War: favourite faction (Grand Campaign)

To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the release of Empire Total War, everyone is invited to vote for your favourite faction in the Grand Campaign - and to say why on this thread.

Meanwhile, you're invited to join the discussion of 10th anniversary activities and themed competitions on this thread.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 10th anniversary poll for Empire Total War: favourite faction (Grand Campaign)

I prefer GB because of the naval opportunities.

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Default Re: 10th anniversary poll for Empire Total War: favourite faction (Grand Campaign)

It may sound strange that I, be from Sweden, not voting for Sweden and that's for a few reasons.

Playing Sweden does not appeal to me, instead it's the Road to Independence scenario that I really like and playing the Maratha Confederacy in the Grand Campaign is equal to the Road to Independence scenario.

So, that's why I didn't vote for the Maratha Confederacy in a Grand Campaign. I vote for other.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Russia is absolutely great!

I marked other, because I have three favorites: Prussia, GB and Sweden.

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

No prizes for guessing which I voted for!

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham View Post
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

I'm quite sure that you voted for Marathas ol boy...

La♔De♔Da♔Brigadier Graham's Avatar Artifex♔Duffer♔Civitate
    Patrician Citizen

The Den,with a massive pair of binoculars, surveying TWC, ensuring members are laughing & happy!

Quote Originally Posted by ♔Greek Strategos♔ View Post
    I'm quite sure that you voted for Marathas ol boy...
    Well I did like the Marathas campaign old chap....

"No problem can withstand the assault of sustained Dufferism"

GB I'm afraid . That campaign really brought back memories of 30 year old History lessons with my favourite teacher .
    Under the protection of jimkatalanos
    with further protection from
    Calvin R.I.P mate, Cúchulainn , Erebus26 , Paggers Jean-Jacques Rousseau
    and Future Filmmaker

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

In some way you're right in your Brit chauvinism, my first campaign was with Britain and it was fun but .. it's too easy! the AI is not very aggressive and you can develop your nation witout serious problems from the continent, in the colonies you can save and slowly expand your possessions without facing big challenges. So the Brits are a very good starting choice but real challenges are others.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

US, Maratha, Poland-Lithuania, Plains Nations, Cherokee
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Well I did like the Marathas campaign old chap....

Oh my good God. Just saw this...
    That's amazing Graham. I owe you Rep as soon as possible

Iskar's Avatar Insanity with Dignity
    Moderator Emeritus

Frankfurt, München, somtimes my beloved Rhineland

Looks like I'll stay alone with Austria... Not much love for continental catholic empires these days
    "Non i titoli illustrano gli uomini, ma gli uomini i titoli." - Niccolo Machiavelli, Discorsi
    "Du musst die Sterne und den Mond enthaupten, und am besten auch den Zar. Die Gestirne werden sich behaupten, aber wahrscheinlich nicht der Zar." - Einstürzende Neubauten, Weil, Weil, Weil

On an eternal crusade for reason, logics, catholicism and chocolate. Mostly chocolate, though.

I can heartily recommend the Italian Wars mod by Aneirin.
    In exile, but still under the patronage of the impeccable Aikanár, alongside Aneirin. Humble patron of Cyclops, Frunk and Abdülmecid I.

lolIsuck's Avatar WE HAVE NO CAKE!
    Patrician Citizen Moderator Emeritus

For me it'd be France, the only campaign in all TW games where I conquered the entire map. Had this lad named Napoleon Bonaparte take the last remaining part of the Americas in the early 1800s. I have 600 hours in Empire and I'm sure this campaign accounts for the majority of them. I also liked the Dutch campaign.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by lolIsuck View Post
    I have 600 hours in Empire and I'm sure this campaign accounts for the majority of them.
    600 hours?

That's nothing compared to what I've for ETW and that's almost 4500 hours, but then I play it like a maniac back in 2009 and the next 3-5 years or so.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

4500 hours? Seriously? I guess you really loved Empire

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

I don’t even think I have over 500 hours in any single game haha
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

I know many users already have 5K hours on Rome 2, but I'm not anywhere near that number...

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Moderator Emeritus

Persia. (See Causa Belli)
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast