Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: imperial realistic v2.5

Civis

Default Re: imperial realistic v2.0

Quote Originally Posted by napoleone View Post
    Wow this submod is fantastic, are you putting the units of regiment of the american revolution in imperial splendour? That will be great.
    That is the idea, but the author of that mod told me that the mod is still in development, for this reason I did not publish it.

Civis

Civis

in the next update the Prussian infantry will cease to be the unit with the fastest (stupidly high) recharge speed in the game.

instead, it will have a moral superior to its counterparts.

The muzzle-loading smoothbore flintlock musket, not the bayonet, was the first- and most-employed weapon. When in early 1700s the Prussian infantry adopted the metal ramrod they found they could fight in three ranks while the Austrians who used wooden ones needed four to maintain the same rate of fire. The Prussian weapons in that time were one of the best in Europe.
    During the Napoleonic wars however the Prussian muskets were of average quality. "The standard firearms of the infantry, excepring the vast quantities of foreign material used, were the old .60 Nothardt musket, re-bored to the standard European calibre of .72 and the so-called New Prussian Musket. This latter weapon was issued from 1809 ..." (Nash - "The Prussian Army 1808-15" p. 16)
    The above mentioned musket of 1809 was 143.5 cm long (barrel length 104,6 cm). The stock was black for fusiliers and brown for musketiers. The fittings were brass and the sling was red. The calibre was 17.9 mm

Civis

In the next update there will be a complete review of the European cavalry in general.
    The French cuirassiers will have a superior defense (armor).

"Within the Prussian cavalry the cuirassiers enjoyed higher prestige than the dragoons, uhlans and hussars. The men and horses were larger and stronger. They were the heavy cavalry who charged en masse crushing the enemy with sheer force. However, the Prussian cuirassiers had not worn the armor (helmets and breastplates) since 1790. The Russian cuirassiers were also without the armor until 1812. For more info on the Prussian cuirasses in 1814-1815"

Is this meant to be played with Rise of the Republic? If so I will be glad to test it.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Athos187 View Post
    Is this meant to be played with Rise of the Republic? If so I will be glad to test it.
    yes

Civis

Default Re: imperial realistic v2.5

version 2.5

I've been installing it. And I haven't checked to see if the melee stats changed, but all European Infantry and Cavalry can't shoot anymore. I can see their ammunition stat, but they have a 0 for reload, accuracy and range.

Skillreaver's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzard View Post
    I've been installing it. And I haven't checked to see if the melee stats changed, but all European Infantry and Cavalry can't shoot anymore. I can see their ammunition stat, but they have a 0 for reload, accuracy and range.
    I had the same thing.I think you forgot to add Er_Main.pack to your userscript file.

I added it to the userscript in my IS files folder, inside the Root Empire folder. I'll have to try the other.

Civis

you must put "ER_Main.pack"; at the top of your "user.script"

Civis

If you see any type of error in any unit please let me know

MAIAN will this work with 2.2.1b?

Civis

only available for rise of the republic

I am playing this version of submod (v.2.5) - 2 campaigns: British and Russian. Only thing that a bit bothers me are different ranges of muskets for various nations. I really like this submod but I am wondering why Brits have shorter range (45-50 meters)? Also submod is very hard with economy that does not allow gameplay with smaller nations since even the big ones are struggling with pending bankruptcy. I have no problem with that but it would be nice to play grand campaign with Saxony and Hanover without economical ruin.

roy64's Avatar Tiro

Every time I download the files I get this.

! C:\Users\SAMSMI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Imperial Realistic v2.5r.rar: Unsupported archive format. Please update WinRAR to a newer version.
    ! C:\Users\SAMSMI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Imperial Realistic v2.5r.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    ! C:\Users\SAMSMI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\IS+ER (BAI)+SubMod Units+loc.rar: Unsupported archive format. Please update WinRAR to a newer version.
    ! C:\Users\SAMSMI~1\AppData\Local\Temp\IS+ER (BAI)+SubMod Units+loc.rar: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
    Leicestershire

roy64's Avatar Tiro

I found a work around I opened them on my laptop & put them back on the PC with no problems.
    Leicestershire

Quote Originally Posted by roy64 View Post
    I found a work around I opened them on my laptop & put them back on the PC with no problems.
    How do you like the submod?

roy64's Avatar Tiro

I havn't tried it yet.
    Leicestershire

How is the development of submod going? Are there gonna be some changes?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast