Thread: Lugiones - are they supposed to be this severely handicapped?

Default Lugiones - are they supposed to be this severely handicapped?

OK, maybe I am doing something wrong with the Lugiones, but they seem severely handicapped or even bugged.

Family Members and training - when I have a family member in training to become a man, if I give them an army to lead and they win a battle or take a settlement, they immediately get the weak trait and the penalties to influence and command. Are they meant to be penalized for successful military exploits when still young?

Factional Governments: the player guide suggests there are 4 early (pre-reform) factional governments, but I only get 2 of these options, which are both forms of occupation with no recruitment. To get to the recruitment options, it appears that you need to:
    - Not be in a non-Baltic province (why would anyone want to be able to recruit factional troops in their homelands anyway, right?);
    - Not be in a camp. This is great, as almost all the regions that can be conquered in the early game are nomadic camps that cannot be converted to towns;
    - Meet a culture requirement (fine, most factions have that);
    - Have the town be at least wooden walls and up (2,000 households+). Again, very nice, considering most surrounding towns are low in population and take forever to grow to 2,000 households.

That being said, I cannot see any options other than the 2 occupation ones in Klepidava for example, and I certainly cannot see the Celtic Overlords option in any of my settlements building trees either. Relying on allied oligarchy governments, enclaves and mercenaries for your entire early recruitment options seems a bit too much.

So, is the intent to basically force anyone attempting a Lugiones campaign to wait 300 turns for reasonable factional government options to appear, or simply to discourage anyone from playing that faction altogether, with the idea of replacing it with some other faction in the future?

Genava's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Lugiones - are they supposed to be this severely handicapped?

So, is the intent to basically force anyone attempting a Lugiones campaign to wait 300 turns for reasonable factional government options to appear, or simply to discourage anyone from playing that faction altogether, with the idea of replacing it with some other faction in the future?
    I agree, the potential of the Lugiones from the Przeworsk culture is underexploited, especially in comparison of the Sweboz and of the Boii. But I think the team will enhance this faction. They got a new faction symbol and there are new units in development (from the twitter account it seems).
    The true heroes of science are the defenders of open-access like
    Alexandra Elbakyan. Even in my country, Switzerland, we cannot afford the access to all the publishers material. Sci-hub and Library Genesis help thousands of researchers in the world. Support them.

Default Re: Lugiones - are they supposed to be this severely handicapped?

I am very surprised to hear of that happening for a human player, since in my Romani playthrough they have been a major nuisance for a long time. Conquering like crazy all the way to the Mediterranean and sending full stacks and assassins my way all the time.