Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Resource Works by Nikiforos XMike - New Banners-Armenian Spearmen-Byzantine Castrophilacae, Templar+Hospitaller Knights, Norman Miles

Nikiforos XMike's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Resource Works by Nikiforos XMike - New Banners-Armenian Spearmen-Byzantine Castrophilacae, Templar+Hospitaller Knights, Norman Miles

Imperial Varangian Akolouthoi (reworked/modified Caudillo87's Models)

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	va.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	293.6 KB 
ID:	357709

Name:	vva.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	292.9 KB 
ID:	357710

Default Re: Resource Works by Nikiforos XMike - New Banners-Armenian Spearmen-Byzantine Castrophilacae, Templar+Hospitaller Knights, Norman Miles

Update on Stratiotae (most difficult part comes now with assigning vertexes):

Name:	sa.png 
Views:	79 
Size:	235.9 KB 
ID:	357713

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

So I take it they will be horse archers and the lance will be their secondary weapon, right?

Good jobs reworking them all, so far.
    Go through my works to see if there are any shield textures you might want to use with them.

i turn the spear of the armenian spearmen a 180 agrees in milkshape but then the model looks messed up in the game lol,am i very noob with milkshape is there anny turtorial how to turn a weapon 180 agrees and keep the model in good shape so it shows good into the game?(sorry for putting this in this thread)

Check out this heavy scutati:

Name:	0065.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	329.9 KB 
ID:	357736

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    i turn the spear of the armenian spearmen a 180 agrees in milkshape but then the model looks messed up in the game lol,am i very noob with milkshape is there anny turtorial how to turn a weapon 180 agrees and keep the model in good shape so it shows good into the game?(sorry for putting this in this thread)
    her you are:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-EMHVDSh7s

https://www.moddb.com/tutorials/milk...s-fundamentals

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    So I take it they will be horse archers and the lance will be their secondary weapon, right?

Good jobs reworking them all, so far.
    Go through my works to see if there are any shield textures you might want to use with them.
    They will be two versions: One with lance and Sword, and one with composite bow and sword

Thank you for the advice, i will search your works!

BTW is there a possibility to equip your 12th century MAA with a lance?
    They would make a very good Norman Knights unit for several mods (i tried it myself but it comes out non-playable both in GOAT and Ms3d)
    Last edited by paleologos; March 17, 2019 at 08:22 PM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nikiforos XMike View Post
    BTW is there a possibility to equip your 12th century MAA with a lance?
    They would make a very good Norman Knights unit for several mods (i tried it myself but it comes out non-playable both in GOAT and Ms3d)
    Well, I do intend them to be the "Noble" Knights of all Catholic factions, in addition to Latinikon and the Christian guards of the Moors both mounted and on foot.
    There are problems with them though.
    For one, the dimensions of the texture files are not "proper" and they lose sharpness.
    The other problem is that I overdid it with the variety of their equipment and the model is too large, on the margins of what is playable.
    So when you add a lance the model size goes "over the edge" of what milkshape, the game and the conversion programs can handle.
    The trick is to remove most of the swords (just keep 6 of them) a few of the shields (let's keep 12).
    Try that and let me know.
    By the way, I have made a lower resolution chailmail texture that looks better in-game than the one they are using.

So, as far as I am concerned that model is unfinished work.
    Last edited by paleologos; March 17, 2019 at 08:35 PM.

anny progress with your great units?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12