Thread: Infantry general's bodyguard size

Default Infantry general's bodyguard size

Is it just me, or do infantry generals have too small of bodyguards? I play with the largest unit sizes on, and they still only have 60 some men. I would think they would have at least 80 maybe preferably around 100. The same for the Triarii. In the case of the Triarii, I would rather have the size be 120 (with costs adjusted for) and have fewer available to recruit. Having such small unit sizes makes them really hard to use, and I doubt it will really have that much effect on historical accuracy.

Lusitanio's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Infantry general's bodyguard size

Quote Originally Posted by Hirtius View Post
    Is it just me, or do infantry generals have too small of bodyguards? I play with the largest unit sizes on, and they still only have 60 some men. I would think they would have at least 80 maybe preferably around 100. The same for the Triarii. In the case of the Triarii, I would rather have the size be 120 (with costs adjusted for) and have fewer available to recruit. Having such small unit sizes makes them really hard to use, and I doubt it will really have that much effect on historical accuracy.
    You can do your own modification of the unti size in the export_descr_unit

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    You can do your own modification of the unti size in the export_descr_unit
    I actually have tried it, but I'm worried about balance. Some of the generals units have really high attack.

Lusitanio's Avatar Semisalis

You see, that's why we advice players to do their own changes. Changing the unit sizes involves a lot of stuff like upkeep, unit cost, replenish rate, etc. A lot of stuff would need to be modified just for a single unit.