Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 61

Thread: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

  1. #41

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Miguel_80 View Post
    I understand your point of view, but the nominations basically is for participate in the Modding Awards (in my opinion). The Modding Awards Comittee can't guess all mods and users that did some work in the year of the awards to make a direct vote.

    There are also many users who don't know if you have created/updated a mod in the corresponding year or even users who don't even know that they are making the nominations of Modding Awards.
    This is very true

    And the nominations are different from the voting phase... on my personal nominations I've included some nominations because I thought they were valid nominations and should be included in the awards, not necessarily because they were the things I'd finally vote for.
    TWC Wiki Needs YOU!!!
    PM me if you're interested
    Help expand our mods, modding or TWC content
    Earn rep and shinies!
    Mak's Modding: End of Days-EoDII-Westeros-PKH- IWTE



  2. #42
    PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    11,456
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    When I was on the modding committee, the committee would search the forums for any mods that were released or updated in that year. I sent out several PMs to modders inquiring if a mod had been updated whenever I was in doubt. Nominations were done essentially to cover the mods that were accidentally left out. Personally, all mods should be included in the voting. Nominations should only be for those mods that were overlooked during the collating phase IMO.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Be all you can be and Join MODDING STAFF now! |House of Noble Discourse

  3. #43
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    10,557
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    That's how we used to proceed but it was very time consumming and isn't necessary worth the effort. As mentioned by Flinn, we have tried to implement some changes for this edition to see how it works. We'll see at the end of this edition what needs to be kept and what needs to be improved.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  4. #44
    Flinn's Avatar Sometimes you eat the Bean, sometimes the Bean eats you!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9,907

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    what Lifth said

    Besides, one cannot make a poll with a million of options, it MUST be reduced to a reasonable number.

    However, nominations are now closed! Due to the forum instability because of the software update we cannot foresee now when we will go live with the polls, ATM there are too many posting/editing issues to carry on with that. We will keep you updated.

    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

  5. #45
    King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff Modding Staff

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Nidaros
    Posts
    3,252

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Bugger, I thought I had throughout the day to nominate, but oh well. I shall remember to vote at least
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

    Signature by Lifthrasir




  6. #46
    PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    11,456
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    The point of a modding committee is to collate mods for the competition. A "debate club" for determining the category is a side effect of that task.
    Wasn't there an argument that mods not released on TWC be included because there wasn't enough?

    On a side note, I discovered a half dozen Artifex through my work. The endeavor is totally worth the time and effort if for no other reason but that.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Be all you can be and Join MODDING STAFF now! |House of Noble Discourse

  7. #47
    Lifthrasir's Avatar A Clockwork Orange
    Content Director Patrician Citizen

    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Dunkirk - France
    Posts
    10,557
    Blog Entries
    4

    Icon1 Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Do you really think that we're just sitting, waiting and twiddling our thumbs?
    We are several members doing these awards for quite long now, longer than you did actually. You should trust us a bit more.

    On a side note, you had the opportunity to share you thoughts last year when Flinn asked members for suggestions to improve the awards. Waiting again for the end of the nominations for such criticism is not very constructive IMO.
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 01, 2019 at 04:14 AM.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, of the Imperial House of Hader



  8. #48
    Flinn's Avatar Sometimes you eat the Bean, sometimes the Bean eats you!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9,907

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    The point of a modding committee is to collate mods for the competition. A "debate club" for determining the category is a side effect of that task.
    Opinions are welcome, but opinions are not facts I hope it will comfort you to know that we have received and evaluated input from many sides, either publicly or privately; I think there was never before such a global feedback about the Modding Awards like it happened this year, the rest is just consequence of these input and of the actual situation of modding. Reading along the OP and all the threads I linked in it would have probably made you more aware of the actual situation, you are still in time to inform yourself, though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    Do you really think that we're just sitting, waiting and twiddling our thumbs?
    No you are not, that's my role in the Committee

    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

  9. #49
    Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes
    Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,217

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Its a complete and utter waste of time for the Committee to have to find every single mod that is eligible themselves - I did all of the mods for 2 or 3 of the games last year, and there was absolutely no point to it.




  10. #50
    PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    11,456
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Flinn, you make too many assumptions. I have an opinion. You do not have to like it, but don't assume because it differs it is not by default, "uninformed."


    CC, I have done it myself and as I said, it was rewarding in a number of ways.

    Let's face it; there is nothing you do on here that is not a "waste of time," There is very little reward for doing anything. Yet, people do them. It is a shame that too often effort on here do go unappreciated by many.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Be all you can be and Join MODDING STAFF now! |House of Noble Discourse

  11. #51
    Flinn's Avatar Sometimes you eat the Bean, sometimes the Bean eats you!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9,907

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Quote Originally Posted by PikeStance View Post
    Flinn, you make too many assumptions. I have an opinion. You do not have to like it, but don't assume because it differs it is not by default, "uninformed."
    I base my statements on facts, I do not "assume", that's the specialty of someone else Just to clarify, though, I'm referring specifically to the reason why we decided to not to compile lists, which is clearly written in the OP; if you actually bothered to read it, you would have known.. clearly you didn't because your comment came as blatantly ignoring the explanation. You have expressed your opinion you say? Fine then, noted and archived, I think we can all move on now

    Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    Its a complete and utter waste of time for the Committee to have to find every single mod that is eligible themselves - I did all of the mods for 2 or 3 of the games last year, and there was absolutely no point to it.
    Thanks for being so honest and for supporting a change that was totally due; also, thanks for not assuming anything

    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

  12. #52
    PikeStance's Avatar ⚜️ Omnipresent ⚜️
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Shanghai
    Posts
    11,456
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    I was responding to something Miguel had said. Due to the sites technical issues, I am not able to quote any posts. You are really blowing this out of proportion.
    MODDERS WANTED | MY PATRONAGES
    Imperial Splendour is looking for Modders and Researchers. SEE AD HERE
    If interested, contact PikeStance(Mod Leader/Manager) or Quintus Hortensius Hortalus (Mod leader /Lead Artist)

    Under the Patronage of Omnipotent- Q | Member of the House of Wild Bill Kelso
    Patron of
    _Tataros_
    | Magister Militum Flavius Aetius | Alwyn | Lord Oda Nobunaga | Massive_attack |
    Proposed the Following for PHALERA: Mangalore & sumskilz | OPIFEX: wangrin, z3n, and Swiss Halberdier


    Be all you can be and Join MODDING STAFF now! |House of Noble Discourse

  13. #53
    Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    3,820

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    The Nomination got ed by the site-issues.

    - I didn't know of the rule to link to the mods nominated, and the site-issues prevented me from editing my post after a moderator wrote to me about it. And now the nominations are closed..
    Be your friend's, true friend. Return gift for gift. Repay laughter, with laughter again
    but betrayal with treachery.

    - The Havamal

  14. #54

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The Nomination got ed by the site-issues.

    - I didn't know of the rule to link to the mods nominated, and the site-issues prevented me from editing my post after a moderator wrote to me about it. And now the nominations are closed..
    This isn't an official committee answer - but if it's any consolation I did notice a few interesting ideas in your nominations and added them to my personal nominations with links... that's not covered quite all of them though.
    TWC Wiki Needs YOU!!!
    PM me if you're interested
    Help expand our mods, modding or TWC content
    Earn rep and shinies!
    Mak's Modding: End of Days-EoDII-Westeros-PKH- IWTE



  15. #55
    Flinn's Avatar Sometimes you eat the Bean, sometimes the Bean eats you!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    9,907

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The Nomination got ed by the site-issues.

    - I didn't know of the rule to link to the mods nominated, and the site-issues prevented me from editing my post after a moderator wrote to me about it. And now the nominations are closed..
    The nominations were closed before the worst part of site update started; once the thread is closed you cannot edit your posts in any case, so no issue on that regard.

    Please forward me the PM you received from that moderator and I will see if there's a way to work this out
    Last edited by Flinn; April 08, 2019 at 03:02 AM.

    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

  16. #56
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    51

    Default HD Cities Mod for TW: Rome 2

    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 12, 2019 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Pic removed for the fairness of the competition

  17. #57

    Default Re: HD Cities Mod for TW: Rome 2

    Hi phazer! I'm afraid you've missed the nominations stage which is now closed, and the committee are in the checking stage.

    I don't think that mod individually was nominated. But I did personally nominate you under the 'New Modder' section as you're a recent arrival to TWC and I liked the look of that


    (This thread will probably get moved/added to something shortly as the sub forums are meant to be for the voting when we get there)
    TWC Wiki Needs YOU!!!
    PM me if you're interested
    Help expand our mods, modding or TWC content
    Earn rep and shinies!
    Mak's Modding: End of Days-EoDII-Westeros-PKH- IWTE



  18. #58
    Libertus
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: HD Cities Mod for TW: Rome 2

    Ok, too bad. Can you give me a link to the thread with your New Modder nomination (thank you)? I can't find it anywhere
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; April 12, 2019 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Irrelevant part removed

  19. #59
    Caillagh de Bodemloze's Avatar to rede I me delyte
    Content Director Citizen

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    the British Isles
    Posts
    4,756

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    This is the post with makanyane's nomination of you, phazer.
    Under the patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

  20. #60
    Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes
    Content Emeritus

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    5,217

    Default Re: 2018 MODDING AWARDS - COMMENTARY THREAD (READ THE OP BEFORE POSTING!)

    Any update? The forums haven't had any issues for quite a while, we may as well get to the voting stage.




Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •