Thread: Minor hellenistic offices - possible bug

Default Minor hellenistic offices - possible bug

Hello folks. For the last week or two, I've been trying to figure out if the minor hellenistic offices are working properly.

The game guide says that they have a 1 year term.

Ergepistates - Supervisor of Public Buildings - Appears to last for the set turn. Later evolves to a permanent good or bad trait.

Emporiarches - Supervisor of Trade - Appears to last for the set turn. Later evolves to a permanent good or bad trait.

Hieropoios - Supervisor of Religious Practices - in a 500 turn camapaign, none of my FMs ever had this office. Maybe the chances need to be improved somehow? Anyhow, it would be good if someone were to check if it working properly.

Panegyrarches - President of the Festivals - Appears to last for more than 1 year. I had two FMs with the trait. After around a dozen turns, one evolved to Popular Panegyrarches, gaining +1 to Influence, while the other still had the basic trait. Someone should check this one.

Eirenarchos - Warden of the Peace - this one seems to be bugged. Instead of lasting 1 year like it's stated in the guide, it's permanent. Someone please check this one.

Gynaikonomos - Supervisor of the Gymnasium - in the export_descr_character_traits, it is stated that his trait is revoked if the FM is gone for some time. I haven't tested it.

Strategos - only 1 FM ever got it, but I didn't test if it's permanent or lasts for 1 year because I didn't save the game.
    Last edited by Rad; March 06, 2019 at 05:04 AM.
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

Rad, 2016.

Default Re: Minor hellenistic offices - possible bug

I believe there is also a bug with the FL and FH being elected to these minor offices when the manual states they should not. Did you experienced it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Domaje View Post
    I believe there is also a bug with the FL and FH being elected to these minor offices when the manual states they should not. Did you experienced it ?
    I have my doubts about that as well, but I cannot verify it. My FL has the upright Emporiarches aftertrait, but he could have been elected Emporiarches before he was even the heir.
    I recommend a pugio rather than a spear, because in close quarters combat, a dagger will serve you better than a spear.

Rad, 2016.

Will someone take a look at these? A lot of factions share those offices.

Rad, 2016.

Lusitanio's Avatar Semisalis

Ok, I gave a look at the EDCT.

The trait Hieropoios seems to be connected to the various temples and can only be given to FMs who have the traits hellenic and aren't in office (don't have other "office required traits"). The chance to get it is 5%. It cannot be given to the FL and the FH and since the FM need to have Movement points superior to 85%, he needs to be in a city for some time. My opinion on why this trait does not appear is because the other office traits have a bigger chance to be given to the FMs (some have 10% or even 25% with some of them having more conditions but most of the times the FMs have accomplished those conditions). Increasing the chance to 10% or 15% should solve the issue, increasing the possibility that your FM get that trait before getting another that would consequently make impossible to get the Hieropoios trait.

For the Eirenarchos trait, it may be a problem of the trigger that is supposed to reset that office, maybe instead of having Reset_Eirenarchos_after_a_year we could replace it with Eirenarchos_reverse_office, either that or changing the Condition Trait Eirenarchos = 1 to Condition Trait Eirenarchos > 0 for the trigger that removes the trait.
    Last edited by Lusitanio; March 14, 2019 at 09:37 AM.

What ever makes it work the way it should be. I had to stop my Gippo campaign because of that office - I couldn't calculate how much of an extra advantage I got because that trait was permanent and well... those types of things irk me.

Rad, 2016.

Lusitanio's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post
    What ever makes it work the way it should be. I had to stop my Gippo campaign because of that office - I couldn't calculate how much of an extra advantage I got because that trait was permanent and well... those types of things irk me.
    I currently can't do it, but do you want to try it yourself and do a quick campaign to see if it works? You would just need to edit the edct with the notepad++ and replace the things I said with the others.

I'll try when I grab the time

Rad, 2016.