Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Proposal: Alternative Requirement to become Artifex

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Proposal: Alternative Requirement to become Artifex

I propose the following alternative requirement to become Artifex:

1 To be awarded with Citizenship a member must fulfill the minimum requirements and be proposed by a Citizen, their Patron.

A member can also be awarded with Artisanship, if he fulfill the minimum requirements and had won the TWC Modding Award.

Minimum Requirements: At least fifty posts; been registered for at least two months, and; not received a Moderation Warning or Curial Warning within the past six months.

An individual may hold only one account awarded with Citizenship.

Reason:

The winner of the annual TWC Modding Award has already contributed to the site by his modding work, as he has created a popular award winning mod.

Its inconsequent, that he most apply then like a normal modder to become Artifex.

If not he, who else deserve to become Artifex?

A Application via patronage is pure formalism in this case.

It may also another incentive to make a contribution to the annual awards.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 06, 2019 at 02:17 AM.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Commissar Caligula_'s Avatar The Ecstasy of Potatoes

Default Re: Proposal: Alternative Requirement to become Artifex

I've gotta say I'd be opposed to this (not because you're not a Citizen or anything dumb like that).

Unfortunately some of the Modding Awards are just shoe-ins, where ONLY 3 (or even less) people are nominated at all. So they just automatically win, and become Artifex's.
    imo Artifex should be for long-term modding contributions, rather than perhaps just a single really good year.
    Last edited by Commissar Caligula_; March 06, 2019 at 03:09 AM.

Only the first one wins, the second or third one not.

If you have not enough competitors, you can and should not run a category for a certain game.

Why should a modder then care about an award, if its not good enough for citizenship?

Where in the constitution is the requirement "longterm modding contribution"?

And if yes, what is a longterm modding contribution? Making several mods in the years, which are publically known?

Or is it enough that your potential patron can convince the active curia with your work?

In my opinion Artifex via Modding award is a more objective way than via patron and a positive vote of a majority of civitate, which relay on the opinion of your patron, that you are a worthy guy.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 06, 2019 at 03:52 AM.

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus

Blog Entries

The other point to consider is how many Modding Awards winners aren't artifex yet?
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

Well regularily the most winners will be Artifex before, but it can be, that one year someone wins with a revolutionary new mod idea.

For example

What if this one would released here and win?

Real Pirates from Boicote:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1545810082

Would this not be a worthy artifex, if Boicote would not already be an artifex^^?

Or better example: Skidvar's Random Personalities?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...?id=1480526836
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 06, 2019 at 04:21 AM.

Blog Entries

I agree with cases like these examples but what if we're unforunately in a case like Caligula described?
    Further more and to extend the question, should the artifex status given automatically? Or should it still go by a curial vote?
    For the latter, who's going to patronize him?
    Tbh, I'd prefer to go for the 2nd option mentioned above, to avoid cases described by Caligula. They can still happens even if the Awards Committee is doing his best to avoid them. Also, it would work in a similar principle as the curial awards.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against your proposal. I'm just trying to point the practical 'issues' if the proposal passes
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Quote Originally Posted by Commissar Caligula_ View Post
    I've gotta say I'd be opposed to this (not because you're not a Citizen or anything dumb like that).

Unfortunately some of the Modding Awards are just shoe-ins, where ONLY 3 (or even less) people are nominated at all. So they just automatically win, and become Artifex's.
    imo Artifex should be for long-term modding contributions, rather than perhaps just a single really good year.
    I point the highlited part of you answer to justify my view for clear requirements for Artifex and Opifex ranks awards.
    As a protest for non clear rules and requirements for those titles I give the example as UNWORTHY to carry the rank of Artifex so i left the ranks of them.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifthrasir View Post
    I agree with cases like these examples but what if we're unforunately in a case like Caligula described?
    Further more and to extend the question, should the artifex status given automatically? Or should it still go by a curial vote?
    For the latter, who's going to patronize him?
    Tbh, I'd prefer to go for the 2nd option mentioned above, to avoid cases described by Caligula. They can still happens even if the Awards Committee is doing his best to avoid them. Also, it would work in a similar principle as the curial awards.

Don't get me wrong, I've nothing against your proposal. I'm just trying to point the practical 'issues' if the proposal passes
    If there were enough competitive mods in your category, you should get the artifex award automatically without a curia vote, if you won the competition as first one.

Personally i don't see the sense to beg for artisanship, if i have released here a big innovative, award winning mod, and to relay on the mercy of the curia.

But i guess we agree to disagree here.

Blog Entries

Should a member who has modified 2 lines of code, has won the modding awards due to lack of competitors or just because he's more popular than the others, be granted with the artifex status?

I don't think so. What about you?

Is it better, he become artifex only because of the right relationships and a curia vote of 5 civitate, who don't play anymore and relay simply on the patron?

And if we have such a idea about the quality of the mods in the TWC Modding Award Competition, why not simply abolish the award?

Its a waste of time then.
    Last edited by Morticia Iunia Bruti; March 06, 2019 at 08:30 AM.

Blog Entries

Usually, there are between 15 to 20 votes for a patronization, which is quite a reasonable amount considering the activity in the curia in general. Don't base your assumption on the recent praefects elections.
    So yes, from my opinion, that would be fairer that way compare to the possible case I've mentioned above. Basically, the curial vote would just be a ratification and would avoid tendencious case (hopefully).

I have still a different opinion, but the world will not be doomed, if my proposal gets no support.

C'est la vie.

Blog Entries

Well, your proposal, your choice
    Good luck with it whatever the final result is

OPPOSED

Awards are sadly popularity contest.
    The original intent is here. It is perfectly articulated.

I have personally patronized Artifex in areas I am unfamiliar often these members were known by other "Artifex." The problem isn't any clear definition, but the lack of interest for Artifexes to patronize worthy individuals. I know at least 10 modders in Attilla, as an example, that went unrecognized and I know there are Artifexes that knew them (yes they are no longer active).

Thread can be closed as obviously there are very few new mods on this site in 2018, so that different tw games have been merged together to one category in the modding award 2018. As interest is obviously low in releasing mods on TWC it is not to expected, that there would be an great interest in the award "artifex", so continuing this proposal is pointless.

Well, speaking from experience it is tough when a "good idea" is not accepted by others.

We can certainly do a better job recognized contributing modders than we have been.

Gaius Baltar's Avatar Old gods die hard
    Blog Entries

This proposal is similar to others than have been presented before. Ironically, in the past I believe several individuals actually turned down the automatic citizenship that comes with the Opifex award. Sometimes you cant even give it away.

Opposed...

​​
    Pillaging and Plundering since 2006

The House of Baltar

Neither is this the dawn from the east, nor is a dragon flying above, nor are the gables of this hall aflame. Nay, mortal enemies approach in ready armour. Ravens are calling, wolves are howling, spear clashes and shield answers

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Harley_Quinn View Post
    Why should a modder then care about an award, if its not good enough for citizenship?
    I think any modder sees that as a way to be acknowledged by the community similiar to what modders are on Nexus when a hosted mod have been downloaded 1000 times (unique downloads).

If it matters it took me little over a week before I gained access to the Mod Author forum, which only acknowledged modders have access too and of course Nexus staff.

Check the links here.

Another way to get the attention from citizens is of course releasing mods at the same time uploading the mods to TWC Download, if it's smaller than 100 Mb that is.

Where in the constitution is the requirement "longterm modding contribution"?

And if yes, what is a longterm modding contribution? Making several mods in the years, which are publically known?

Or is it enough that your potential patron can convince the active curia with your work?
    Read my application for citizenship, if your goal is to become a citizen (Artifex).

The Opifex is a large award and is tied to citizenship
    The Artifex badge is for a "modded" citizen
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

No, its not my goal to become artifex/citizen here.

If a user is giving me a praise for one of my mods, its a bigger reward than a mere title, as it happens today unexpected.

But neverztheless thanks for your efforts to show me, how you become a citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Read my application for citizenship, if your goal is to become a citizen (Artifex).

The Opifex is a large award and is tied to citizenship
    The Artifex badge is for a "modded" citizen
    No, its not my goal to become artifex/citizen here.

If a user is giving me a praise for one of my mods, its a bigger reward than a mere title, as it happens today unexpected.

But neverztheless thanks for your efforts to show me, how you become a citizen.
    Just to clarify; the Opifex is not tied to citizenship. You have to meet the minimal requirements for citizenship in addition to the requirements for Opifex to be eligible. Upon being awarded the Opifex, the recipient may choose to become a citizen.

I have already approached Harley, recently actually. I was surprised no one else has. Artifex gives you the rights of citizenship, but it first and foremost a recognition of modding.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast