Thread: [SUBMOD] Numbered Cohorts for DeI - UMC's Named Legions

Foederatus

Default [SUBMOD] Numbered Cohorts for DeI - UMC's Named Legions

The purpose of this submod is to allow you to have numbered cohorts for your legions. Instead of just recruiting 9 basic Legionarii for each specific legion, you will now be able to recruit cohorts 2-10 for each one (in addition to the 1st cohorts already available).

This forces you to be a little more careful with your units, as now you cannot just merge depleted cohorts and then raise more. This also as an added benefit of being good for those of us who enjoy roleplaying during the game.

Please note that when you do hit the reforms, the turn times take a little bit longer so be patient!

This is to be used with both @@@@@UMslegionspatch and @e_umcenturionlegions (as well as DeI)

Let me know if there are any issues and enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/tcliqt...UMClegion.pack

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: [SUBMOD] Numbered Cohorts for DeI - UMC's Named Legions

ode289, I loaded it up in mod manager and the game crashed after the Dei splash screen when I pressed continue campaign. I then tried without this mod and everything came up as usual. Could it be that it's not save game compatible?
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Foederatus

Have you already hit the reforms? I don't think it will work if that is the case. Try a new campaign and let me know if you are still having issues.

Paladin247's Avatar Biarchus

Reforms are long past; all my legions are imperials.
    "With a population of around a million, Rome (in Claudius' time) was a vast city even by modern standards. It is worth pointing out that during the early Renaissance the population of Rome was no more than fifteen thousand-- living amid the ruins of a civilization that dwarfed their own. It was not until the nineteenth century that the population of Rome returned to the levels it had enjoyed under the Caesars. That is eloquent proof of the fact that human history is not a tale of steady progress towards greater knowledge and achievement." Simon Scarrow

Quote Originally Posted by ode289 View Post
    This is to be used with both @@@@@UMslegionspatch and @e_umcenturionlegions

Where can I find the @e_umcenturionlegions?

Is this Ancient Empires on Steam?

I couldn't find the file itself.

Ok. Started a new game, because it wasn't save game compatible. But when you build a barracks the units become available, is there something I've done wrong? Hadn't made it to Polybian Reforms yet.

Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Throwerofstones View Post
    Ok. Started a new game, because it wasn't save game compatible. But when you build a barracks the units become available, is there something I've done wrong? Hadn't made it to Polybian Reforms yet.
    Do you have any other mods running? If so, what is the load order of your mods?

You should have this order:
    1. my numbered legions mod
    2. @@umslegionspatch
    3. ancient empires mod
    4. DeI part 1
    5. DeI part 2

If you have any other mods that change the reforms scripts and they are loaded before mine, mine will not work as intended.

Try running just those 5 mods and let me know how it goes.
    Last edited by ode289; March 09, 2019 at 07:23 AM. Reason: added more info

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    took an arrow to the knee

Also in case you're using the new launcher, give it a go with the old one instead.

Couple of developments. I ended up having Marian reforms in 270 BC, that seems early? I changed the file order, but problem persisted, so I changed launcher, now they don't show up, but given that I've had Marian reforms, I'm confused. Thanks for your guys' help!

https://imgur.com/IVAewNZ

Evocata showed up.

http://https://imgur.com/4EN2aMJ

Older screenshot showing an 'error' message.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; March 11, 2019 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Merged posts.

Foederatus

Couple of developments. I ended up having Marian reforms in 270 BC, that seems early? I changed the file order, but problem persisted, so I changed launcher, now they don't show up, but given that I've had Marian reforms, I'm confused. Thanks for your guys' help!
    Marian Reforms are determined by Turn Number and Imperium Level in DeI, not the year. Try starting with a brand new save and using the old launcher. It sounds like you just need to make sure the mods are in the correct order before the reforms hit and you will be good.

That definately looks like a wrong load order since the evocata don't have population numbers assigned to them.

Started a new game entirely and it looks good so far!

Foederatus

Started a new game entirely and it looks good so far!
    Glad to hear it!

Hey guys. So I had this submod activated and just hit the Marian reforms, then chickened out as I wasn't sure I could handle not being able to merge cohorts. Anyway I un-selected (not sure if that's a word) the mod but now I can only recruit the eagle cohorts, the other cohorts are all greyed out with a note saying "different reform required". Any ideas on how to fix this?

Have you tested going to the next turn? Try saving and then exiting and reloading the save too.

Yeah tried that, also tried researching imperial reforms to see if it would help but no such luck. Anyway, I can play with it on just a shame it seems I need to start a new campaign if I want it without.

ode289, hello! I really liked this submod with cohorts (2-10). I appreciated their value when, to replenish them (after one of the battles with Carthage), my army had to march from Numidia to Italy. But you have another "Numbered Cohorts - Marian & Imperial" submod. I have questions:
    - it is possible to use these 2 submods in the game simultaneously or not;
    - if not, can you improve the "Numbered Cohorts for DeI - UMC's Named Legions" submod, adding short and long descriptions to it, as in the "Numbered Cohorts - Marian & Imperial" submod.