Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: DaC V3 Now Released!

Default DaC V3 Now Released!

Mae Govannen Mellyn Nín.

The DaC Modding Council is pleased to bring you V3!

You will need a fresh, unmodded, copy of TATW 3.2 to install this on to. You cannot install it over your old V2.2.

Further than that, I am not able to discuss installation here but you can view the tutorials below:

Installation Guide - Changelog - Download from Mod DB
    Last edited by Arachir Galudirithon; March 03, 2019 at 11:27 AM.

Default Re: DaC V3 Now Released!

YES! The heavens be praised, DaC 3.0 is here at last! Time to Divide and Conquer Middle Earth once again!

Thank you!!

Thank you team! impressive changes

Thank you and the Team

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

So we no longer need of the old 2.1 and 2.2 install files (?), the v3 zip file holds complete DaC.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Quote Originally Posted by Vifarc View Post
    So we no longer need of the old 2.1 and 2.2 install files (?), the v3 zip file holds complete DaC.
    Yes, make a clean installation of Third Age 3.2 and on top of it install DaC v3.

These might be stupid questions but here goes:

1) I have a backup of vanilla Third Age 3 in my mod folders which I keep. I know that it's bug-free and works, i.e. is clean. Is it okay for me to copy/paste the folder and install V3 to there and save myself the trouble of redownloading, or is it safer to download a completely new version of Third Age from moddb?
    2) Can the installer be used more than once? As in, if I make an install and find issues, can I reinstall over a clean Third Age folder using the same installer?

I only ask these questions because my internet is dire and downloading the files off moddb takes me an absolute age, so I try to keep the files on hand whenever I can.

Thanks for all your awesome hard work as always. Can't wait to start playing!

Quote Originally Posted by worldwide View Post
    These might be stupid questions but here goes:

1) I have a backup of vanilla Third Age 3 in my mod folders which I keep. I know that it's bug-free and works, i.e. is clean. Is it okay for me to copy/paste the folder and install V3 to there and save myself the trouble of redownloading, or is it safer to download a completely new version of Third Age from moddb?
    2) Can the installer be used more than once? As in, if I make an install and find issues, can I reinstall over a clean Third Age folder using the same installer?

I only ask these questions because my internet is dire and downloading the files off moddb takes me an absolute age, so I try to keep the files on hand whenever I can.

Thanks for all your awesome hard work as always. Can't wait to start playing!
    1 - Yes, it is fine to re-use a saved copy of a clean Third Age 3.2 folder. That is what I do. I have it on a storage drive and then I copy it over to my games drive when I want to use it. Saves me a lot of time.

2 - Yes, you can re-use the V3 installer. So, if you were to mess something up during the installation of V3, you can start again.

Good luck!

Absolutely fantastic, this game is better supported than most retail games! Approaching 700 hours now according to steam so hopefully i'll get to 1000 with V3. Thank you to the team who made this game.

The music in v3 is fantastic. And so far my Angmar campaign is brilliant. Thank you so much for all the effort DaC team. Love it!

Vifarc's Avatar Senator

For those who don't use Steam, using your vintage Med2TW-Kingdoms,
    you must choose the /mods folder (it will add the DaC folder in).
    Last edited by Vifarc; March 05, 2019 at 01:41 AM.
    > > Divide&Conquer submod user, playing RealmOfLothlõrien (ThirdAge mod). < <
    My small products here.

Jake Armitage's Avatar Domesticus

Congrats guys

The SilvanElve NL's Avatar Civis

I love the new emblems! V3 looks so good!

Runs great so far. My turns times are under 10 seconds up to turn 30. With all the new visuals it looks better than some new releases.

Congrats to the modding team on a job well done.

Thank you Sentient Tree. Always great to hear successes amongst the seemingly endless installation questions!

The new faction icons are so fresh and clean! I love it! Well done, and I look forward to exploring all the new improvements.

sanderman2's Avatar Centenarius

I have been following Third Age since the beginning, and I must say you've really contributed to the entire experience. Loved the DAC mod, and love the new 3.0 version! Very well done!

Fernandesz's Avatar Foederatus

Thank you guys! I'm very impressed with this mod, well done.
    Where i can get the load screens? They are awesome!
    BORA BAHHEAAAA !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fernandesz View Post
    Thank you guys! I'm very impressed with this mod, well done.
    Where i can get the load screens? They are awesome!
    You have already got them:
    Medieval 2 Total War/mods/Third_Age_3/data/loading_screens

They are in TGA format but can of course be converted with any number of conversion programs or a few websites as well. Personally, I use XnView.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast