Thread: Ship with 7 men sailing and fighting

Libertus

Default Ship with 7 men sailing and fighting

Hi all; Just came back to ETW after 2 years, normally play Darth Mod but decided to give RotR a try. First I will admit I only had 1.1 plus patch 1 installed, found out two more patches are out there. Anyway, I am Sweden and engaged Russia in a sea battle (settings HARD/HARD), I boarded a Russian ship and knocked him down to 7 men while I had 139, I lost the fight, the Russian sailed away and engaged other Swedish ships with its' seven man crew, with no affects to speed or firing. This made me quit the game. Has this been addressed in the latter patches?

Thanks for the hard work on the mod though to all those that did work on it, not a small feat.

Chris

Quintus Hortensius Hortalus's Avatar Lex duodecim tabularum
    Citizen

Default Re: Ship with 7 men sailing and fighting

It's the first time someone reports such a behaviour and also the first time I heard from it so no, it hasn't been adressed yet. But we are currently reworking the battle mechanics, we'll take your report into account.

Under the patronage of wangrin my workshop

Libertus

Just upgraded to Win10 and also installed the 2 missing patches, I will play as Sweden again and see what happens.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by weasel65 View Post
    Just upgraded to Win10 and also installed the 2 missing patches, I will play as Sweden again and see what happens.
    We uploaded a new version today, you don't need the patches anymore. Check it out here.

Libertus

Just tried it again with the 3 patches, my 150 men surrendered to the Russian 30 men.

(got the new download. Just as a note, when I start as Sweden both with patch 1 or patch 3 for the Sweden briefing it says "no play" but you can play.
    Last edited by weasel65; March 03, 2019 at 05:03 PM.

Citizen

Maybe you should play on normal without the morale bonus for the AI. But we will look into this too in process of reviewing the BAI.
    Last edited by Quintus Hortensius Hortalus; March 04, 2019 at 01:23 PM.

Libertus

Hi; If you wish it is easy to replicate, who knows, maybe that is the way it should be, but 7 men fighting and sailing a ship is...well remarkable. Anyway, play as Sweden (H/H) and when Russia declares war use your 3 ship fleet to attack his, and have your flagship board his biggest ship. Each time for me, as noted, they lost tons of men but won.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by weasel65 View Post
    Hi; If you wish it is easy to replicate, who knows, maybe that is the way it should be, but 7 men fighting and sailing a ship is...well remarkable. Anyway, play as Sweden (H/H) and when Russia declares war use your 3 ship fleet to attack his, and have your flagship board his biggest ship. Each time for me, as noted, they lost tons of men but won.
    Well we can do nothing against a ship sailing with 7 men, that's hardcoded, I think they can even sail with 1 person aboard. I tested your battle and boarding actions several times now on normal and hard. The result is, that I'm winning on normal every time but suffer heavy losses. On hard, I'm loosing. Apart from that, the enemy ship is losing many men too.
    So I would advise you to play on normal. The difficulty level doesn't make the AI smarter anyway it just gives a certain bonus on the combat stats which are leading in case of boarding to the result that winning a boarding is very difficult.

However we will look into this and might give the attacker more advantage while boarding.