Thread: Problem with faction symbol in menu

Default Problem with faction symbol in menu

Look on the picture there is my prob http://img327.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surany9ma.jpg
    I made my own symbol in Photoshop.I cut doublecross from symbol of my town and pasted it to milans symbol.Then i saved it and in game it appears with white background.

How to do it without that white background?

Default Re: Problem with faction symbol in menu

Quote Originally Posted by mmarekk11 View Post
    Look on the picture there is my prob http://img327.imageshack.us/my.php?image=surany9ma.jpg
    I made my own symbol in Photoshop.I cut doublecross from symbol of my town and pasted it to milans symbol.Then i saved it and in game it appears with white background.

Make sure you don't save the .tga file as something else first (ex. as jpg) and then you save it as .tga... that could be the problem. It happened to me once, I repeated the whole work carefully.

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

Quote Originally Posted by mmarekk11 View Post

And if u did save it as .tga make sure you have aplha (transparency) channel.

Quote Originally Posted by illyrianus View Post
    Make sure you don't save the .tga file as something else first (ex. as jpg) and then you save it as .tga... that could be the problem. It happened to me once, I repeated the whole work carefully.
    Of course i saved it as .tga.There is the problem, when i saved it as .psd everything was ok, but when saved it as .tga white background is there.
    Well i try it one more time.

I solved it.Made it again and it is ok.

Anyway thanks everybody

Can you explain what you did to make it work? Also, could someone explain what the "alpha channel" is and how to save tgas as transparent. I have worked with Photoshop, but am new to saving tgas.

Quote Originally Posted by vindex246 View Post
    Can you explain what you did to make it work? Also, could someone explain what the "alpha channel" is and how to save tgas as transparent. I have worked with Photoshop, but am new to saving tgas.
    So i had symbol of my town.I cut doublecross from my symbol and past it to the milans symbol.Then i joined both folds(option in Photoshop).Then saved it like .tga.I think it is important to do nothing with it until you saved.Then open it again and do whatever you want.

Okay, I'm still unclear on how to save tgas as transparent. I notice when I save another screen pops up that gives me the option to select "no alpha" (default) and a whole laundry list of other options. Is this what someone is talking about? The "help" in PhotoShop gives no instructions on how to make tgas transparent, only gifs and other more common formats. Can a PhotoShop wiz offer their wise learning?

Tsar Stefan Dusan IV's Avatar Loonatic on the loose!!

In PS under Channels (channel tab is with the layer tab) You have to add (besides the rgb channels) an alpha channel.
    In alpha channel white=no transparency and black=full transparency, shades of grey display ammount of transparency.
    You can create alpha channel in the bottom of the channels tab with "create new channel" button, select it and repaint it the same way you paint ordinary layers.
    Hope this helps.

Cheers!