Thread: Creating a general in descr_strat - General not showing on the map

Default Creating a general in descr_strat - General not showing on the map

Here is my descr_strat i dont know where is the problem, only army unit shows in city, but not the general i made in descr_strat
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bez naslova.png  

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Default Re: Creating a general in descr_strat - General not showing on the map

A 'general' in descr_strat is actually a captain (leader of an army without a general). The term used is misleading unfortunately. Use named_character instead and you will have a proper general.

After i use named_character i cant marry my princess for him? and why england can have general in descr_strat and characters spawn normally in city?

Blog Entries

I am not very sure about the marriage mechanics, but a named character not in the family tree should be able to marry the local princess.

Which English general are you referring to? There are several that spawn as captains, which one spawns like a named character?

This generals spawn on the map normal, but why i cant add for other factions.. when i use named character princess cant marry for these generals..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bez naslova 2.png  

Blog Entries

I just ran a quick test with the base game - I turned Robin from a 'general' into a 'named character':

Code:
    ; character    Robin, general, male, age 20, x 99, y 131             ; cannot marry
    character    Robin, named character, male, age 20, x 99, y 131     ; can marry
    army
    unit        Peasants                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Spear Militia                exp 1 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        Peasant Archers                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    And had no problem to marry my princess to him:

Last edited by Gigantus; February 24, 2019 at 06:49 AM.

This is what happens when i want to marry my princess to this general.. it says no unmarried generals
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails campaign map.jpg   DESCR STRAT.png  

Blog Entries

You cannot marry the princess within the family tree, the heir is regarded as a family member even if he doesn't show up in the family tree: please note that the second named character, Richard in your case, will always become the faction heir automatically if there is no other named character designated (like Rufus for England in the base game)

To test this simply create another named character under Richard - you should have no problem to marry him

I'm glad you helped me, i understand now, thanks.

Blog Entries