Thread: b0Gia's de Bodemloze - Bug's Report Thread - Minor Bugfixer released for DAC 2.2

b0Gia de Bodemloze's Avatar Europa Barbarorum Dev

Default b0Gia's de Bodemloze - Bug's Report Thread - Minor Bugfixer released for DAC 2.2

Hello to all,
    I started playing recently DaC after many years again.
    I was playing a very difficult and challenging campaign. It was the first time that i was so challenged in a Total War Game.
    But after over 200 hundred turns my game corrupted and i couldn't finish the campaign.
    So before i start a new campaign, i will make a researsh about the possible bugs (and the root cause) that destroyed my campaign and i will share any results.
    Feel free to share any ideas, similar experiences etc.

It's my temporary return to Medieval 2 modding after years. I just want to be again the peacefull stressless player and enjoy some Kingdom mods.

Regards,
    b0Gia de Bodemloze

Update 3, these all that found, i am releasing a bugfixer and going back playing DaC.
    Link:
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/7c4df3...r+Bugfixer.rar

Instructions
    Extract into third_age folder
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Bugs of Campaign Script
    001 line 6176 King_of_the_Dead is being used for faction turks but it's not declared in the descr_names
    002 line 6931 Lone_Lands settlement in script is declared as Lone_lands in imperial_campaign_regions_and_settlement_names
    003 line 14412 unit Misty Balrog AI soldiers 1 exp 9 armour 2 weapon_lvl 2, no idea about this "soldiers 1", the format is exp armour weapon_lvl as far as i know.
    004 line 16504, missing age for character Temporary ring
    005 lines 33556 - 33564 and 39682 - 39683, there is a mention and some events about a non exist Settlement Harrowdale, most probably is about Dale Settlement
    Bugs of Character Traits
    006 line 287, an effect can't be 0 and should be removed from trait Balin
    007 line 1059 and line 1071, the Threshold for trait Saruman is 2 and 1 instead of 1 and 2
    Bugs of G5Script2
    008 lines 2024, 2221, 2222, 2223, 2224
    2024 we have and BattlePlayerUnitCategory infantry should be and BattlePlayerUnitCategory = infantry according to the sample
    2221 we have and BattleEnemyUnitClass heavy should be and BattleEnemyUnitClass = heavy
    2222 and BattleEnemyUnitCategory cavalry should be and BattleEnemyUnitCategory = cavalry
    2223 and ! BattlePlayerUnitClass heavy should be and BattlePlayerUnitClass != heavy
    2224 and ! BattlePlayerUnitClass heavy should be and BattlePlayerUnitClass != heavy
    Last edited by b0Gia de Bodemloze; February 25, 2019 at 03:12 PM.
    Under the Patronage of Veteraan.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Civis

Default Re: b0Gia's de Bodemloze - Bug's Report Thread

I know EB2 recommends you disable autosaves (but you already knew that :p), i've also heard excessive quicksaving can cause a corrupt game. Although I quicksave all the time (it's a problem) and i've yet to have a corrupted game.
    I remember the Lionheart had a series on DAC where his save got corrupted. He believed it was toggling the fog of war. Not too sure about this one, but it's not too far fetched.
    And long long ago, I read somewhere that letting your game run for too long (like overnight) could build up memory which could cause a corrupt save... although, that one sounds like BS to me.

Quote Originally Posted by frotxy View Post
    I know EB2 recommends you disable autosaves (but you already knew that :p), i've also heard excessive quicksaving can cause a corrupt game. Although I quicksave all the time (it's a problem) and i've yet to have a corrupted game.
    I remember the Lionheart had a series on DAC where his save got corrupted. He believed it was toggling the fog of war. Not too sure about this one, but it's not too far fetched.
    And long long ago, I read somewhere that letting your game run for too long (like overnight) could build up memory which could cause a corrupt save... although, that one sounds like BS to me.
    I am not playing with autosaves, and in general i always believed that there are some bugs that do this. So that's why i am always searching for possible bugs instead of searching for something that it can't be proved. I followed the instructions, i now the ram limitations and i have ctd's. So it's time searching for bugs.
    Proud member of Europa Barbarorum 2 team, developer of EBNOM, developer of EB 1.21, developer of Diadochi Total War, developer of Hegemonia City States and creator of one modpack for Megas Alexandros.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    I am not playing with autosaves, and in general i always believed that there are some bugs that do this. So that's why i am always searching for possible bugs instead of searching for something that it can't be proved. I followed the instructions, i now the ram limitations and i have ctd's. So it's time searching for bugs.
    You should post your crash log, I may be able to help (although I seriously doubt it), and someone out there definitely can.

Quote Originally Posted by frotxy View Post
    You should post your crash log, I may be able to help (although I seriously doubt it), and someone out there definitely can.
    I already did,
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post15742762

Nice to see you back to M2TW mods b0Gia! The work you did for Europa Barbarorum was simply amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Lusitanio View Post
    Nice to see you back to M2TW mods b0Gia! The work you did for Europa Barbarorum was simply amazing
    Well i am not going to add new content to DaC, only to help with the bug fixes. I just want to enjoy a DaC with less ctd's.

Great findings.

Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    Great findings.
    Are you going to fix them in next update?

Quote Originally Posted by b0Gia de Bodemloze View Post
    Are you going to fix them in next update?
    I'm not part of the development team.

Better poke @Arachir.