Thread: EB 1.32 launches Vanilla Rome instead

Default EB 1.32 launches Vanilla Rome instead

I followed the instructions on the sticky of this forum for the non-steam version(point to alexander folder, make new shortcut...etc) and when i launch the game through the executable(new one) it just plays vanilla rome total war and not the mod, ive tried googling but found little to nothing.

Default Re: EB 1.32 launches Vanilla Rome instead

For some reason i cant edit my post, but i want to tell people how i solved it in case they find this on google or whatever.

1) I pointed the installer to the RTW folder instead of the alexander folder, when the installer said if i wanted to run it via trivialscript or a shortcut, i chose a shortcut.
    2) I copied chat-filter.san from the alexander data folder to the RTW data folder to prevent a crash.
    3) I extracted the 1.32 patch to the RTW folder.
    4) I made a new shortcut of the executable used to launch Alexander.
    5) I added -show_err -mod:eb -noalexander to it.
    6) I recommend installing the base game in a short directory like C://RTW for example to prevent some crashes.
    7) I recommend right clicking the shortcut, clicking on properties, then go to compatibility, tick the box that says "run this as administrator", then tick the box that says "run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose Windows XP (Service Pack 3).
    8) Google "cff explorer europa barbarorum", click the first result and follow the instructions there to get rid of some more crashes.

Points 7 and 8 are really for those that are trying to run the game on windows 7 or 10 and 64-bit.

Thank you very much @costas84 this method worked greatly for me.

I just decided to reinstall Rome TW and EB after almost 10 year since last game, but default installation didn't worked for me...

I can't thank you enough, I've been trying to find a solution for like 4 hours and then I found your thread, thank you again worked out perfectly for me