Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rorarii conquer the world on legendary

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Rorarii conquer the world on legendary

this YouTube producer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPZ_Aog7M04

is presenting (with 100 000 views) DeI by playing Rome campaign on Legendary and Conquers aplenty , including Cartage with only 3 armies of Rorarii ( or similar)

Is this even possible ? and if not, isn't this a bad advertisement for DeI ??!! and the hard , titanic work put into this mod ?

Salutations DeI demi-gods !
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Default Re: Rorarii conquer the world on legendary

Anything is possible, it's TW. Also worth pointing out this video was released a while ago in October last year.
    I don't think its a bad advertisement for DeI at all, if anything its just bad for TW:R2 not the mods that try to fix it. If people wanted to squeeze every ounce of efficiency while at the same time "gaming" the AI (especially in battles) it can be pretty easy to do ridiculous stuff like this in most Total War games. Rome 2 has especially major things that if you want to exploit, it can make fighting the AI pathetically easy. Here Legend seems to be just abusing the auto resolve balance (As he even personally states doing so around 20:00), I don't think the auto resolve for DeI right now is bad at all. In fact it's probably not going to get any better as the modders have been working on it for so long, regardless of how amazing the work modders can and have done there will always be easy ways to abuse the system.

He also cheezes the hell out of DEI by circumventing the first cohort script and running entire armies with first cohorts.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Dardo21 View Post
    He also cheezes the hell out of DEI by circumventing the first cohort script and running entire armies with first cohorts.
    Yeah, but he's playing on legendary. I think that if your battles get so unbalanced then you have to try to do something with it. LoTW is known for exploiting the game but come on! beating DeI on legendary is an achievement by itself.

Krixux's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Nordling View Post
    Yeah, but he's playing on legendary. I think that if your battles get so unbalanced then you have to try to do something with it. LoTW is known for exploiting the game but come on! beating DeI on legendary is an achievement by itself.
    beating DeI on legendary with Rorarii ,LOL !
    he took Cartage itself , with 2 Rorarii Armies

I tried on Normal !!! to take Cartage with 2 Rorarii Armies : I lost , BAD !
    imagine on Legendary...

My beef s that at this point , DeI is bordering perfection : in combat balancing , economy etc.

And those videos are just a bad advertising for Divide et Impera...
    and all those thousands of hours that dedicated people invested in this wonderful mod !

AVE DeI !
    D I V I D E - ET - I M P E R A

& A PROPER EMPIRE: TERRA INCOGNITA .... A P E - T I
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________
    "Perhaps, as some wit remarked, the best proof that there is Intelligent Life in Outer Space is the fact it hasn't come here. Well, it can't hide forever - one day we will overhear it."

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Krixux View Post
    beating DeI on legendary with Rorarii ,LOL !
    he took Cartage itself , with 2 Rorarii Armies

I tried on Normal !!! to take Cartage with 2 Rorarii Armies : I lost , BAD !
    imagine on Legendary...

My beef s that at this point , DeI is bordering perfection : in combat balancing , economy etc.

And those videos are just a bad advertising for Divide et Impera...
    and all those thousands of hours that dedicated people invested in this wonderful mod !

AVE DeI !
    It's not a bad advertisement. You can do it also in vanilla campaign. Autoresolve favours i) numbers ii) melee defence over melee attack. You can spam low tier armies and beat any campaign with that. The only problem is later on when you hit maximum armies.

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

On the discord side, we’ve already voiced our negative thoughts on this before, but it’s definitely a disgrace to the game and mod. The whole point of his play through is to create some click-bait video series and exploit the game, as well as the mod, as much as possible, with a “let’s get it over with already” attitude. Don’t even understand the point to watching the content from this campaign. Actually playing the game, the way it was designed to be played, on a lower difficulty like hard would be way more impressive than whatever you call that.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

I totally agree. There will always be ways to find and exploit the game mechanics, but I don't really understand what's the point of doing it and what sort of goal is meant to be achieved by that.

Once I watched Legend's Atilla streaming for something like 30-40 minutes and he was doing exactly the same, trying to game the game as much as he could, reiterating in the process how much he actually disliked that game.

Not my cup of tea, frankly. Tough, that's obviously merely my humble personal opinion.

waidizss's Avatar Ordinarius

I play DeI because it provides me with some insane roleplaying experience. The added quantities of units, buildings and other features makes for an enjoyable experience (mostly because it just fixes vanilla in many respects). To see someone posting some garbage in the forums on some garbage youtuber with garbage ideas for garbage kids with their garbage ad money disgusts me. Just leave.

Edit: this belongs in the trash with other trash threads.

Edit edit: absolutely disgraceful.
    Data Venia hardcore couch general edition: 'Competent' AI, reworked unit stats, realistic speeds, more planning, more strategy, less arcade, less cheese.

Get that feel that you are campaigning, not simply steamrolling, now only £9.99 monthly subscription for your advanced Lucius Licinius Lucullus' guide to subjugating the east.

Yeah, it's just exploiting the game, which isn't bad advertising for DeI. You can autoresolve your way to victory in every TW, afaik. The problem is that it isn't much fun.

Once I watched Legend's Atilla streaming for something like 30-40 minutes and he was doing exactly the same, trying to game the game as much as he could, reiterating in the process how much he actually disliked that game.
    Rule number-ing-one for Let's Plays. If you're not having fun, no one is having fun. What's the point?

That's why I don't pump out ten videos a day - if I was after money, I'd treat my channel like a full-time job and just keep posting videos constantly. I'd even find a niche and exclusively post videos from that series even if that's no fun. But I won't, because it's gross. Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by LysanderOfSparta View Post
    Yeah, it's just exploiting the game, which isn't bad advertising for DeI. You can autoresolve your way to victory in every TW, afaik. The problem is that it isn't much fun.

Rule number-ing-one for Let's Plays. If you're not having fun, no one is having fun. What's the point?

That's why I don't pump out ten videos a day - if I was after money, I'd treat my channel like a full-time job and just keep posting videos constantly. I'd even find a niche and exclusively post videos from that series even if that's no fun. But I won't, because it's gross. Ugh.
    Yeah I agree. Seleukos already volunteered to jump him outside his front door tonight as part of his initiation test onto the team. So hopefully that’ll scare him straight, if not we’ll have to bring in the big guns and send in Greek

This is going to sound extremely arrogant but I often think of DeI like a special chef's menu when you go in an sit down and they serve without you knowing what you are getting. Its all been curated and selected for a specific experience. If you grab that amuse-bouche with one hand and stuff it down your face without tasting it, then you sort of missed the point. This mod isn't for people who want to ignore the complexities and intricacies of an immersive experience.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Ygraine's Avatar Campidoctor

100.000 subscriber 1½ hour "special" auto resolve-fest. Can't believe someone actually sat through all that time without a single manual battle... (of course in a manual battle he'd lose badly with rorarii-spam)
    (2nd position - Gameplay Mods-category - 2016 Modding Awards.)

At the start he did some battles and then whined about the polybian troops not being good enough at legendary battle difficulty.

Other examples of exercise in futility like that:
    you decide to run a marathon on your fours, but then halfway (or more like 1 min into the race) get on a bike, coz it's too much of a hassle and pain to go on;
    you fast forward a boring philosophic 6 hour movie while checking your phone and then brag to your friends how you watched it till the end.

In the end of the day you don't get any award, recognition or pleasure. So, what's the point? Well, apart from money, that is.

~Seleukos.I.Nikator~'s Avatar Campidoctor
    The United Europe, currently residing in Norway

You know what's the weirdest thing here, it seemed like lots of viewers were actually having a good time watching that aforementioned Atilla streaming given how many of them were there at that time, some even throwing the donations of 500$ at him. Strange is the world we live in...

What's actually your channel, Lysander? Do you do any Let's plays?

Quote Originally Posted by ScipioTheGreat View Post
    if not we’ll have to bring in the big guns and send in Greek
    Poor soul should it come to this. Till the end of his days he will regret that day he pressed that 'start campaign' button...

Quote Originally Posted by ~Seleukos.I.Nikator~ View Post
    You know what's the weirdest thing here, it seemed like lots of viewers were actually having a good time watching that aforementioned Atilla streaming given how many of them were there at that time, some even throwing the donations of 500$ at him. Strange is the world we live in...

Poor soul should it come to this. Till the end of his days he will regret that day he pressed that 'start campaign' button...
    Don’t want to be one of those guys that says “iTs dAh CoMmUniTy” but the people watch what the find to be entertaining for them. Oh, how the TW player base has changed so much... Little do many of them know what they’re missing out on, especially when half the gameplay is somebody choosing between 3 buttons.

“Holy crap!!! Did you see him click the aggressive stance for that autoresolve? This gameplay is absolutely insane dudes!!!!” *Donates $50*

Jurand of Cracow's Avatar History and gameplay!

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    This is going to sound extremely arrogant but I often think of DeI like a special chef's menu when you go in an sit down and they serve without you knowing what you are getting. Its all been curated and selected for a specific experience. If you grab that amuse-bouche with one hand and stuff it down your face without tasting it, then you sort of missed the point. This mod isn't for people who want to ignore the complexities and intricacies of an immersive experience.
    I think the EBII is even more a special menu as it was panned by the Legend much more ;-)
    Anyway, DeI is an incredibly good mod, thanks for the team!

As an FYI, because it seems to be vastly overestimated in this forum, but Legendary difficulty only adds +7 Attack and +7 morale to the AI in battles (this is the same bonus the BAI gets on Very Hard). No other battle stats are changed. The limited camera and lack of pausing battles on Legendary are also not challenging if you've played a lot of TW and/or just cheese the out of the game (or in this case never actually play a battle).

Ha, noticed that you found my channel last night. Hopefully you enjoy the Let's Plays. DeI LP's will probably stick around on my channel for some time to come as a just "I never get bored of this game" type thing. Otherwise I really enjoy history/strategy stuff, and then I play some horror/RPGs w/ my fiancee

Don’t want to be one of those guys that says “iTs dAh CoMmUniTy” but the people watch what the find to be entertaining for them.
    It's not just the community anymore - YouTube actively makes content better if the views are higher, and vice versa. Higher viewed content gets better encoding(less pixellation) so it looks better, and if a channel has a low sub count, you literally can't find them even by searching their name. New creators that are trying it out get discouraged because YouTube will basically favor "mob viewing" over what the user is actually searching for. This is community direction for the sake of more potential ad revenue. It makes sense, as YT is in the end a business.

Mind you, I'm not about my channel. I'm actually really happy where I'm at, and I'm having fun! But I would still really like some competition to good ol' YT.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast