Thread: Emergent Factions

Default Emergent Factions

Hello. Firstly, I'd like to say that this mod is absolutely amazing, and I've spent a lot of time playing NTW with this. But I'm just wondering, is there any alternate startpos/submoods in which minor factions like Scotland, Ireland, Greece, etc, are playable in the campaign for this mod? I looked around on the forums for this mod but haven't seen any.

Thanks in advance.

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Emergent Factions

I never planned to do such a submod, they are only playable in a custom battle.

And I don't think anyone made one.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    And I don't think anyone made one.
    Maybe you forgot husserlTW's NTF mod along with his other mod.

I know there exist a tutorial for emergent mods.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    What you need to do is to follow this tutorial. Or start a new thread here about what you want to do.
    Over 5 years ago I mirrored husserlTW's modding work on TAL and most tutorials, guides still have the pictures, but unfortunately a lot of pictures, attachments etc vanished in a system glitch on TWC.

http://www.theassimilationlab.com/fo...gent-factions/
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician Artifex

The question is not "is it doable", it's to make it you need to edit the startpos and make a new one, it's not an option you can activate on/off.

And since I aim NTW at trying to be historical at start, I don't want to have an emergent at start. Because where do you put the limit?

You want to have Scotland, Ireland, Belgium, Britanny, Catalonya all playable at start? Cut Brittain in two? Remove a good part of France?

What about Russia? Do you remove Poland, Crimea, Courland?

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Do you remove Poland, Crimea, Courland?
    Neither Poland (historically Poland didn't existed when the Napoleon wars started in 1805 due to the 1795 treaty) or Courland existed at that time.

The Crimea is another story and only after the Crimean campaign started in late 1854, the Crimea ceased to exist and become part of Russia.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Patrician Artifex

So, you don't want Poland because it didn't exist in 1805? Well, Scotland, Ireland, Brittany Belgium, and all the others emergent didn't either.

And the Ottoman rexognized Criema as Russian in 1792, after the Russo–Turkish War of 1787–1792. Russia annexed the Crimean Khanate in 1783