Thread: [Help]

Default [Help]

I'm trying to give flying units to the Damsels and Fay Enchantress.

I've copied the methods used by Carpe DM's legendary lords mods, such as this;
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...xt=mounts+pack

With the mod installed, I finally got into the game (this is an achievement in itself). Now it crashes when either a game is loaded (about 1/4 of the bar loads) or when starting a new campaign.

I was just wondering if anybody might have an idea what may be wrong. My first inkling is that it might be to do with the descriptive text section, which I've put in a single section, but really I have no idea whatsoever.

Default Re: [Help] Writing Mounts Mod

Quote Originally Posted by svartalfimposter View Post

Hello everybody!

I'm trying to give flying units to the Damsels and Fay Enchantress.

I've copied the methods used by Carpe DM's legendary lords mods, such as this;
    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil...xt=mounts+pack

My mod is virtually complete, but something is wrong and I can't put my finger on it and was wondering if I might get some tips here.

With the mod installed, I finally got into the game (this is an achievement in itself). Now it crashes when either a game is loaded (about 1/4 of the bar loads) or when starting a new campaign.

I was just wondering if anybody might have an idea what may be wrong. My first inkling is that it might be to do with the descriptive text section, which I've put in a single section, but really I have no idea whatsoever.

Default Re: [Help]

omg how do you work this thing? Is there an edit button?

Daruwind's Avatar Citizen

Hi,edit button is available after your 10th post...but don´t here please.
    DMR: (R2) (Attila) (ToB) (Wh1/2) (3K) (Troy)

Thank you.

I started from scratch, trying to put Fay Enchantress on the Wood Elf Forest Dragon.
    Although the skill tree appears to work on the campaign map, i.e. the button is in the right place and the text all looks good, the mount model doesn't replace Silvaron at all in that mode :/
    In Custom Battle, however, it appears! AMAZING! But she's doing the T-pose underneath it and it doesn't animate (or attack) at all

Steph's Avatar Maréchal de France
    Patrician Artifex

What animation did you give to the Fey Enchanteress when on this dragon. Did you add it to the animation-culture table?

I've tried a few animations so far. At the moment I'm thinking that my best bet to get this to work is to make a version of the regular Glade Lord and change it's DDS so it looks a bit like the Fay Enchantress, then use the default animations... would that work?

I got the dragon to appear in the campaign - I had the wrong value in the Ancillaries Tables - Provided Bodyguard Unit column.

Thank you so much Steph, I'd never have worked that out! You're completely right about the culture to battle animation tables table, by the way. The dragon is now animating correctly, but the Fay Enchantress wears things that Vampiress don't... so.... I'll see if chaos dragon animation works, but if that doesn't work then I'm back to trying to change an existing Lord DDS to look like a woman in white.

Patrician Artifex

It will proabably not work...

Fay Enchanteress is using hu1b body, same as the female GladeLord (or DE sorecerresses).

You need to use an animation that is based on the same body or it won't work.

Your best bet is probably the DE sorceresses, since they can ride a dragon

I don't know what happened... I went back to the this animation because the other one didn't work and now this one doesn't work either. GAH!

I'm modding TWW1 no DEs.

The thing is, it looks like Fay Enchantress is a on-piece model in the wh_variants too, so I can't just swap her head off.

one-piece. Where is the bloody edit button? I hate re-reading my posts and finding a million typos.

Patrician Artifex

No DE = no animation for ladies on dragon maybe....

And yes, it's a one piece model

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    No DE = no animation for ladies on dragon maybe....

And yes, it's a one piece model
    Thanks Steph... that would be a shame.

What do you think of this idea? Perhaps if I create an entirely new version of her - I could make a new, Fake Enchantress by painting a Glade Lord Female model white, so it's already got all the right animations and parts I need. Then I can replace all instances of the existing Fay Enchantress so it doesn't look like a crazy change when she gets on a dragon.

Do you think that would work?

Patrician Artifex

No, won't work. Unless if you want a fey enchanteress that looks exactly like a Glade lord (with the big horen helmet), except a white colour.

A key point in modding is to know what you can do, and what you can't. Don't waste too much time on something that would not work well.

I think thye Female Glade lord can ride a dragon, you can try to use her animatiion for thye Fey Enchanteress. But maybe it will look silly with her robe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    No, won't work. Unless if you want a fey enchanteress that looks exactly like a Glade lord (with the big horen helmet), except a white colour.
    Oh, I thought I would be able to remove the helmet

by that I mean remove it from the (copy of the) female glade lord's meshdefinition, though admittedly I haven't looked that far into it,