Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Siege towers

  1. #1

    Default Siege towers

    Hi all does anybody know if there are going to be siege towers? Iíve seen nothing so far and nobody answers only maybe by developing skills from a general

  2. #2

    Default Re: Siege towers

    Dunno. We've had unlockable siege equipment in the past, so it may still be out there. It'd be odd to only allow climbing the walls by grappling hook since they apparently give you a very hefty stamina debuff.
    My Three Kingdoms Military History Blog / Military Map Project - https://zirroxas.tumblr.com/
    Ask me a question!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Siege towers

    Quote Originally Posted by zoner16 View Post
    Dunno. We've had unlockable siege equipment in the past, so it may still be out there. It'd be odd to only allow climbing the walls by grappling hook since they apparently give you a very hefty stamina debuff.
    Thanks for replying, the thing is that somebody captured all tree reforms and there was nothing with regard to siege towers, others said that maybe it would be related to skills of generals and so on, but the thing is that so far, nobody nor CA has anwered this question, maybe theyre implementing now or some, it would be really dissapointing not including them and removing another feature related to battles.

  4. #4
    Daruwind's Avatar Citizen
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    1,621

    Default Re: Siege towers

    There might be two options here:

    1) Really generalīs skills. In history there were skills for enabling night battles, lightning battles, increasing chance of ambushes etc. And usually there is in TWs siege attacker/defender braches with particular bonuses.

    2) In recent titles siege equipment like Rams/Towers requires time to build ie. a few turns of actual besieging the city. I donīt recall seeing recent footage of it, but maybe anybody noticed something just after beginning a siege? There should be option to attack right away or to continue the siege and put siege equipment into production line....army usually generate like 1 pice per turn. It is very possible that streamers were attacking right away to save time...
    Last edited by Daruwind; February 15, 2019 at 05:06 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Siege towers

    Quote Originally Posted by Daruwind View Post
    There might be two options here:

    1) Really generalīs skills. In history those are use for night battles, lightning battles, increasing chance of ambushes etc. But in TWs there is siege attacker/defender brachs with particular bonuses.

    2) In recent titles siege equipment like Rams/Towers rewuires time to build ie. a few turns of actual besieging the city. I donīt recent seeing footage of it, but anybody noticed something just after beginning a siege? There should be option to attack right away or to continue the siege and put siege equipment into production line....army usually generate like 1 pice per turn. It is very possible that streamers were attacking right away to save time...
    There was an option of digging a breach in the wall, and ram, but the truth is that as you say there were gaps to fill with other options of sieging but the only options available were ram and dig

  6. #6
    Daruwind's Avatar Citizen
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Prague
    Posts
    1,621

    Default Re: Siege towers

    Quote Originally Posted by sinuhe2 View Post
    There was an option of digging a breach in the wall, and ram, but the truth is that as you say there were gaps to fill with other options of sieging but the only options available were ram and dig
    We are not sure how complete was streaming build. Historically we had multiple siege equipment options so it would be strange to have just rams+digging. Catapuls are for sure battlefield unit as always...I would not be surprised to see more options after release.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Siege towers

    Hope they donít remove it too too much things removed from titles and in starting to be bored of this new policy and all fanboys defending it at any cost

  8. #8

    Default Re: Siege towers

    There are siege equipments. In the first Twitch stream we had a glimpse at the starting screen of the siege where you decide what to do. There were 5 slots. A sign of hammer with number 8 next to it. And a sign that looked like a reloading sign with number 0 next to it. However, since they had trebuchet units they did not try to use it. This option did not appear in other streams that we had earlier where the siege was on an open settlement of an iron mine or a town without walls. Hence, we can assume that it's a section that's specific to walled settlement sieges. Some streams have footage of using that section. At the time they could only add a battering ram or sapping. The games at this point were relatively early game phases so it could be possible that you need a higher ranked general to use siege towers.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; February 16, 2019 at 10:03 AM.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

  9. #9

    Default Re: Siege towers

    Quote Originally Posted by PointOfViewGun View Post
    There are siege equipments. In the first Twitch stream we had a glimpse at the starting screen of the siege where you decide what to do. There were 5 slots. A sign of hammer with number 8 next to it. And a sign that looked like a reloading sign with number 0 next to it. However, since they had trebuchet units they did not try to use it. This option did not appear in other streams that we had earlier where the siege was on an open settlement of an iron mine or a town without walls. Hence, we can assume that it's a section that's specific to walled settlement sieges. Some streams have footage of using that section. At the time they could only add a battering ram or sapping. The games at this point were relatively early game phases so it could be possible that you need a higher ranked general to use siege towers.
    thanks, I found it weird that were not shown in their showcase siege first video thatís why Iím so concerned

  10. #10

    Default Re: Siege towers

    Quote Originally Posted by sinuhe2 View Post
    thanks, I found it weird that were not shown in their showcase siege first video that’s why I’m so concerned
    The siege from the showcase was done in the first 15 or so turns of a campaign. So, all the units and mechanics we've seen are very early game, hence, perhaps, no siege tower yet.
    The Armenian Issue
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/group.php?groupid=1930

    Cities: Skylines
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ities-Skylines

    "We're nice mainly because we're rich and comfortable."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •