Thread: CTD after gaining the Talented Leader trait

Default CTD after gaining the Talented Leader trait

Everytime i get the Talented Leader trait after a victory AND i click on the Character Portrait to open the char info window the game crashes. Happened with the Talented Leader trait. Tested by giving the char via cheat console the Talented Leader trait, and after i got the Gifted Leader trait, i also crashed.

Problem seems to be getting any GoodLeader trait AFTER a battle (if i add via console it works fine)

Alex 1.32 installed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: CTD after gaining the Talented Leader trait

Quote Originally Posted by Rospokadu View Post
    Everytime i get the Talented Leader trait after a victory AND i click on the Character Portrait to open the char info window the game crashes. Happened with the Talented Leader trait. Tested by giving the char via cheat console the Talented Leader trait, and after i got the Gifted Leader trait, i also crashed.

Problem seems to be getting any GoodLeader trait AFTER a battle (if i add via console it works fine)

Alex 1.32 installed.
    Are you saying that giving the traits via console works fine? Confused on your wording here since you state that giving Talented Leader and Gifted Leader in console to your characters and looking at their profiles caused a CTD but then contradict yourself when you say at the end "(if I add via console it works fine)". In my experience I was able to get Gifted Leader without any hassle after a battle. Unfortunately the skeleton crew for EB1 is not the most active on this side so I doubt we'll get a fix soon. Best temporary fix would be to remove the traits from the game.
    Last edited by Basileus of Byzantium; February 16, 2019 at 05:43 PM.

Default Re: CTD after gaining the Talented Leader trait

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus of Byzantium View Post
    Are you saying that giving the traits via console works fine? Confused on your wording here since you state that giving Talented Leader and Gifted Leader in console to your characters and looking at their profiles caused a CTD but then contradict yourself when you say at the end "(if I add via console it works fine)". In my experience I was able to get Gifted Leader without any hassle after a battle. Unfortunately the skeleton crew for EB1 is not the most active on this side so I doubt we'll get a fix soon. Best temporary fix would be to remove the traits from the game.
    I think he's saying that adding the trait via console does not cause a CTD, but the trait has different levels, so he gave GoodLeader 1 via console and it was ok, had a battle and then Talented Leader(GoodLeader 1) became Gifted Leader(GoodLeader 2), and CTD ensues, while gaining Talented Leader via battle also causes CTD.
    I have the same CTD, but didn't know it was caused by traits(will have to test). If it is, then another way to circumvent it would just be to give every general GoodLeader 5, which is the max level, so it can't be gained in battle.