Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: *CAREER SYSTEM* v0.4 FOR DLV by oda nobunaga

Icon6 *CAREER SYSTEM* v0.4 FOR DLV by oda nobunaga

now for 2.0

I'm sorry for the long delay but school has been keeping me very busy. i haven't even had a chance to play in so long that i have barley had time to even play test this with 2.0 but i can't imagine anything but a spelling mistake here or there. Thanks to Sleepysmoo for fixing all my grammar and spelling in 1.9, it really isn't my strong point or the thing i like spending my time doing while modding.
    Features:
    1. A new Peerage system that represents the titles and promotions given to the nobility (eg. Duke, Earl, Count, and so on).(not for king and heir)

2. A leadership trait that lets you know how your leader is preforming

3. A battle command trait that keeps track of how many battles you've fought.

4. I switched it back to full campaign exp everywhere because of new triggers needed to level up in heraldry. Plus i like having the number of years you actually spend campaigning represented in the trait.

5. A new turns governing trait that keeps track of how many turns you spend in a settlement.

6. If your general makes it to a rank like viceroy his kids won't start at the bottom of the totem poll. They get an appropriate rank that will represent to an extent how it worked historically. *

7. I redid some of the affects from traits and the triggers to get them

8. Lowered the age of adoptions to 16 and made all newly adopted characters start with no exp. coming to age is 16(This represents how a child was actually adopted by nobility or royalty for military service and was done so to increase the status of that kids family.)

[*]I tried to re-balance all the traits so they don't so drastically inter-fear with DLV 2.0. You'll find that all the traits lower effects then they did before.

Things to come:

1. I plan on adding new careers your character can chose to be. for example a Templar knight or other holy order for having that guild and then level up by meeting criteria. why not have the grandmaster in your family tree

2. Cultural specific peerage ranks, i have byzantine figured out but i don't have a ranking system for the Muslim factions

Needed to promote from squire to knight---1-3 years campaigning
    Needed to promote from knight to KB-------5-7 years campaigning and 4-9 battle fought
    needed to promote from KB to KC------10-15 years campaigning and 6-12 battles fought
    Needed to promote from KC to KGC-----20-25 years campaigning and 9-15 battles fought

*changed slightly*
    Needed to promote from Seigneur to Baron---Must be a Knight, 1-3 years in a city and 1 battles fought
    Needed to promote from Baron to Viscount--Must be a Knight, 3-5 years in a city and 1-4 battles fought
    Needed to promote from Viscount to count/Earl--Must be a Knight, 5-7 years in a city and 4-6 battles fought
    Needed to promote from Count/Earl to Counts Palatine-----Must be a Knight, 7-10 years in a city and 6-9 battles fought
    Needed to promote from Counts Palatine to Marquess-----Must be a KB, 10-15 years in a city and 6-9 battles fought
    Needed to promote from Marquess to Duke-----Must be a KB, 15-20 years in a city and 9-12 battles fought
    Needed to promote from Duke to PE----------Must be a KB, 20-25 years in a city and 12-15 battles fought
    Needed to promote from PE to Viceroy--------Must be a KC, 25+ yeas in a city and 15+ battles fought

almost all of these titles can also be passed down from ones father.

how it works: (Needed to promote from Earl to Marquess-----Must be a KB, 10-15 years in a city and 6-9 battles fought) This means to be promoted to the rank Marquess from the rank of earl you must first be a knight banneret, you must have at least 10 years governing in a city (at 15 years the promotion is guaranteed if other requirements are met) and have commanded in at least 6 battles, win or lose. (again 9 commands is a guarantied promotion, 6 just means you may be promoted)

i am always open to suggestions, if there's anything i should add or change in your opinion go ahead and post it here. Ill check it regularly and will seriously consider anything worth adding. hope everyone enjoys. by reading the text for the traits it should tell you exactly what to do, if you see i missed something please let me know.

It isn't compatible with other mods without changing aspects of the other mods at this point. i plan on making it compatible with vanilla and other major mods if its requested. if you are a moder and want to add it to your mod PM and ill send you just the lines I've changed or added and you can place them into your own. All i ask is you put my name somewhere in there.

You can get it from any of these links.
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1131
    Last edited by Oda Nobunaga; March 16, 2007 at 03:17 AM. Reason: NEW VERSION

Default Re: *CAREER SYSTEM* v0.1 FOR DLV by oda nobunaga

Sounds good

Very cool work Oda Nobunaga! When I get done playtesting UAI1.1 and Dearmad 1.7b...I'll try this out. Cheers! dd

So how is the feedback for Oda's special features ?

repman

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by repman View Post
    So how is the feedback for Oda's special features ?

repman
    I haven't had a chance to test Oda's latest...Work is interfering with my M2TW playtesting!

Oh well, that's what weekends are for

Cheers!

dd

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@ Oda Nobunaga

Will this work with other mods? I'm playing Anno Domini at the moment (What a map!)
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Everytime I try and download the folder, it says that it is corrupted or invalid.

Default Re: *CAREER SYSTEM* v0.2 FOR DLV by oda nobunaga

reread first post for answers to your questions

Default Re: New *CAREER SYSTEM* v0.2 FOR DLV by oda nobunaga

hey oda

tried it out yesterday and i seems quite nice. however, i am not so sure i actally really understand how this works. it would be great if you could post a short explanation of how exactly the ranks are gained and what exactly they are and do. or did i just miss this somewhere..?

anyway, i am for sure keep on playing with your career system, it seems to me this is a good way to refine derdrakken's system, thank you!

cheers

...and by the wy, there seems to be some "-1 morale"-effect tied to the title knight. is this so or did i get something wrong there? and if, what is the idea behind it?

the -1 moral is actually how it is in dlv, i didn't change anything derdreken did, just added some new stuff. Future changes will be more drastic and more balanced. as for a description of how it all works, ill start putting together a chart to day if i can figure a good way to do it.

Other then that, if your not sure how to level up or gain exp, just read the description for the trait and it'll tell you what to do.

@oda
    Drakken will implement your files over the weekend for DLV 2.0

repman

Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics

Sounds awesome, im glad my work could make the cut, its a constant work in progress but this in my opinion is a balanced beta version. i also added a description on how to get promotions in my first thread.

Quote Originally Posted by jodocus View Post
    ...and by the wy, there seems to be some "-1 morale"-effect tied to the title knight. is this so or did i get something wrong there? and if, what is the idea behind it?
    Knight Banneret was a knight that could lead men under his own banner. Knights (vanilla) are better than Squires (-2 morale) but still not of high enough station to lead an army with the full confidence of the men.

I wanted factions with Heraldic ranks to be balanced against those without, so first two Heraldic ranks give negative traits.

Cheers!

dd

Quote Originally Posted by derdrakken View Post
    Knight Banneret was a knight that could lead men under his own banner. Knights (vanilla) are better than Squires (-2 morale) but still not of high enough station to lead an army with the full confidence of the men.

I wanted factions with Heraldic ranks to be balanced against those without, so first two Heraldic ranks give negative traits.

Cheers!

dd
    Funny how everyone complains that the game is not a challenge, but when the modders work in pieces to make the game harder (field script, negative modifiers) -- there are complaints! Come on gang, ruling the world is no fun! Fighting and scraping to control a kingdom is fun!

im getting ready to put out a new version with a ranking system for the king and his heir. basically like peerage but with some twist. if there's anything you think i should change, add, or get rid of let me know. id like some feedback so i can make these tweaks as challenging as possible. somethings im wondering: are the battle thresholds to high, do you fight that many battles or should they be higher? are the affects of higher traits to good, unesecary, unrealistic, not good enough? Do you like the peerage titles i chose, i know some don't apply to all European factions but i tried to make it feel realistic. pleae let me know, any feed back can help.

@oda
    I'm missing the file export_descr_VnVs_enums.txt with the new elements of your mod.
    Drakken will look into this
    i will test it now
    What have you changed in the Campaign db file ?

repman
    Last edited by repman; January 28, 2007 at 03:45 PM.

@repman
    i made the adoption age 15-16, only i didn't change the coming of age to 15 so don't adopt if hes 15. i did this to make it a little more realistic and so you'd get a fresh character every time. no trying to give him random rates and getting a 16 year old with 7 years governing and 10 campaigning. i coming of age will be fix next release.

Default Re: *CAREER SYSTEM* v0.3 FOR DLV by oda nobunaga

sorry for the late fixes i havn't had time to play so i didn't really know what was wrong. i made a lot of little fixes to improve gameplay. i hope you all like.

Default Re: *CAREER SYSTEM* v0.3 FOR DLV by oda nobunaga

OK so i know that around 100 people have probably downloaded this mod but no one is talking about it. does anyone have any feed back or suggestions for me or do you think this fine. let me know, comment please

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast