Thread: Stainless Steel keeps crashing

Default Stainless Steel keeps crashing

Hello, yesterday I tried SS. I had downloaded the mod another time and then I had uninstalled medieval 2 but I still had all the mod files in my PC. Last time I used the mod (early 2018) it worked fine, so I simply copied all the files into the "mods" folder of medieval 2 and renamed the stainless steel folder "americas". The custom battles worked fine, the campaign worked fine, however when I tried to manually fight a battle during the campaign the game crashed. I deleted the mod and downloaded it again from ModDB but it crashed anyway when I tried to fight the same battle. Where can I download now a working mod? Another request: the mod that I had saved in my PC had also the option to disable both Real Recruitment and Area of Recruitment, whereas the one that I donwloaded form ModDB had only the option to disable Real Recruitment. Where can I find a working mod that allows me to disable both? Thank you.

Default Re: Stainless Steel keeps crashing

I kind of found a way around this crash. I re-copied the mod that I had in my PC and lowered the graphics to the bare minimum possible and managed to do the battle. Then I found a thing that allows the launcher to use 4 gb of ram. Sometimes it still crashes, but at least I can lower the graphics just to do the one particular battle. The weird thing is that I tried to do custom battles with more units than the battles that caused the crashes and the custom battles were fine. It's all very strange. I don't know if it is a case of potato PC, because my PC can run Total war warhammer 2 at medium settings without too many issues.

Losthief's Avatar Campidoctor

when you recopied the mod, did you re run ss_setup?

Also...this game runs better on older pcs (read single core) than new pcs because of hard-coded issues. So newer games running well doesn't mean mtw2 will. Has to do with ghz of the chip, and whether your using onboard graphics vs discrete.
    LOSTHIEF
    I'd rather be lucky than skilled!

Yes I run the set up.