Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebuilding main FotE module pack

Default Rebuilding main FotE module pack

Since i'm near end of rebuilding @fall_of_the_eagles_0.pack and don't want to harrass FotE team on PM, i would be appreciated for any opinion for some decisions to do:

- White Hun settlement corresponding files - i believe they should be just removed as settling WH doesn't work (probably due to bugs in files, one is obvious in "White_Hun_building_chain_availabilities"), anyway that should really be done as submod if ever

- "add_to_gunny_battle_entities" was merged with "gunny_battle_entities", stats were modified to properly distinguish speed of elephants which are not faster now than any cavalry units, horses' speed was modified to be less different one to another - fastest mount is now 35-40% faster than slowest, while you had about 60% (and some heavier ones were slower than elephant...), in fact some heavy units were unable to chase light infantry,

- FotE_Nomad_land_units - accuracy for some Hun units is just crazy - 40-50%...? 10 is a lot. This should be really corrected as Huns with it are pretty OPed,

- "EuropaPerdita_building_levels" i have no idea what is "att_bld_eos_military_infantry_5_east_church_lakhmids" as vanilla and EP data have "att_bld_eos_military_infantry_5_east_church" with respective ID number, why the name was changed? It seems to correspond to "EuropaPerdita_building_units_allowed" but again - such a building doesn't exist and you should add full chain of files to create it, i have left it as it is but data should be reviewed - maybe that data was introduced in Slavic DLC, then it is ok, i don't have it to compare,

- added missing Salian Franks cavalry to settled buildings chain for Franks, however this unit (settled sarmatians) is clearly mismatched as it is given to most german factions and not available to any in fact unless they are horde - there should be separated Salian unit for Franks/Burgundi and rest should have this unit normally available by creating similar copy with new unit or some unused replacement like Nokkors,

- added fix file for custom battle crash bug removal by SwissHalbeldier, i know you were granted permission, so do i,

- fix for Dacia subculture (vanilla bug), they are appearing in ERE part (Dardania),

- Burgundi and Langobardi are clearly West German subculture, FotE selected units are east for them, i left it as it is, but that is clear mismatch

- units for some rebels are only naval, while all rebels appear only on land, so Palmyra, Anatolia and Judea are simply empty general army appearing and attacking the round they appear, the same goes about missing roman roster for Italia's rebels,

- i would like to use my modified stats for missile and melee weapons - currently your file grants mounted units shooting as far as foot ones, which is not pretty logical, my modified files seem to work much better about campaign balance as they reduce paper-scissors-stone vanilla style while standard FotE is simply just reducing stats,

- the same goes about armors - i believe none of units should exceed about 65 class (70 is max) and your 5 points leveling for every next class is just not corresponding well to all units variations, especially that many units are still vanilla (both weapon and armor and vanilla gear should be integrated, i didn't touched still those enormous numbers above 65),

- technology_unit_upgrades files should be removed or at least limited only to units that really replace one with another - like "early" - "late" versions,

"_FOTE_Horse_Eastern_Saddle_Nomadic" model is not existing, replaced with "_fote_horse_eastern_cloth_half_barded_half_unbarded", however i dunno it is the same (it was not used)
    "_fote_horse_roman_clibanarii_scholae_01" model is not used anywhere, i didn't add it however i believe it is meant for Tagmata unit replacer, added to mounts table only,

- "new" potraits for nomad/eastern generals, they are ugly, squizzed and doesn't fit standard of professional mod, the same goes about units' portraits which are mismatching units, they are also mirror-reversed (weapon is handed in left hand, i have reversed them if needed to correct position), anyway redoing all is actually out of my intention as i do replacements in my mod, but those portraits for generals are just to remove.
    Last edited by Cgma; February 22, 2019 at 12:57 AM.

Default Re: Rebuilding main FotE module pack

i would definitely do all you listed. it makes sense to me. especially the battle changes

billydilly's Avatar Senator

@Cgma

Do what you think is best. Playing your revised version at the moment and it is great.
    CPU: Intel i7-8700. GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Armor 8G. RAM: Corsair Vengance, 16Gb HD: Kingston SSD 240Gb (System), Samsung 850 Evo SSD 500Gb (Steam), Western Digital 500Gb. PSU: Corsair CX600W

Quote Originally Posted by billydilly View Post
    @Cgma

Do what you think is best. Playing your revised version at the moment and it is great.
    I don't need that file at all as i did needed fixes and updates in my patch and mod, but if the file is gonna be used for any further development it needs to be rebuild and cleaned as it is thrashed like hell.
    Other problem is that rebuilding that file means my mod is incompatible and i have to rebuild is as well .

Quote Originally Posted by asher237 View Post
    i would definitely do all you listed. it makes sense to me. especially the battle changes
    Same for me!

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

Ah, this is the thread you meant lol.

Pretty much everything seems like a good idea.

If you find that reducing the range on mounted archers makes for better balance so be it. Same for the armor values, if you find that the balance is better altered, then go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Gunny View Post
    Ah, this is the thread you meant lol.
    Is that hard to find or you looked for something else ?

Pretty much everything seems like a good idea.
    Not that i'm gonna force you to play, but you would try to let me know your personal impressions .

If you find that reducing the range on mounted archers makes for better balance so be it. Same for the armor values, if you find that the balance is better altered, then go for it.
    Yeah, it does so other units can be more altered about using all bows variety, while original FotE prioritized longbows too much to counter horse archers. That's not necessary as long as they shoot closer app. 30-40 points (so horse 150-170), foot (175-200).

PS. Anyway what do you think of reducing ammo for ranged units - i have done it in the submod(s), but it seems to work pretty well so would be implemented into main module. Limited ammo ca 85% is still a lot but seems more balanced due to enormous damage introduced in FotE (which is pretty fine, but to powerful with 100% stack + later +55% upgrade with technologies).
    Last edited by Cgma; February 23, 2019 at 08:25 AM.

'Gunny's Avatar Überrock über alles
    Content Emeritus

I just looked at the submod thread

I am hesitant to reduce ammunition, as my philosophy has always been high ammunition low damage/accuracy for projectiles, not really sure why the projectile damage would have been increased. Anyway, I would be happy to play it sometime after I finish my qualifying exams for my masters in 2 week, till then not too much time for other things lol.

I just looked at the submod thread

I am hesitant to reduce ammunition, as my philosophy has always been high ammunition low damage/accuracy for projectiles, not really sure why the projectile damage would have been increased. Anyway, I would be happy to play it sometime after I finish my qualifying exams for my masters in 2 week, till then not too much time for other things lol.
    Then i will reduce ammo .
    And ofc good luck, mate .

Thank you for your great effort Cgma

Are there any plans to redo the slavic, celtic and nordic roster?

I've personally been using these mods for the Slavs and Norse, though if Ahiga gave him texture assets to work with I would love to have those instead. https://steamcommunity com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=633022221
    https://steamcommunity com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1363989463 .
    Removed the dots because I can't recall the linking rules right now lol

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    I've personally been using these mods for the Slavs and Norse, though if Ahiga gave him texture assets to work with I would love to have those instead.
    Actually Ahiga did 70% of work for new look of nordics, slavs and celtics, but there are also new units and new conception for factions group. However composing this into main module takes more time than i supposed since there are milestones gaps that must be created anew when you have olny model and textures.

Actually most time is consumed by rebuilding BEL part to make it fully playable.

And since this is not simple "put files there - take there" work some additional tests will be needed before release.
    Last edited by Cgma; February 27, 2019 at 02:13 AM.

Thanks for your feedback lilalex20 and Cgma.

I know that it must be difficult to update the roster but are you planning one day to do it?

I would like to help but I dont know how to mod.

Quote Originally Posted by chriswhr View Post
    I know that it must be difficult to update the roster but are you planning one day to do it?
    I have been working on update since a month at least and will take at least a week or more. Simply talking - it will be released when it will be done and depending on how many time will take Dresden (or anyone else) to revise the work and release it.
    Update contains new models for Nords, Slavs and Celts, revised rosters, some tweaks that were positively tested in my submod and more, including playable BEL DLC.
    Last edited by Cgma; February 27, 2019 at 07:30 PM.

I completely forgot about the dlc holy crap that would be amazing. Especially with the new textures, I am not gonna be seen outside for some time lol

I just want to announce that my job is done. File is sent to FotE team to be released . I hope .

So I'm assuming this update will be compatible with your submod but just in case do we have to worry about anything there with the new mod manager CA released?

Quote Originally Posted by lilalex20 View Post
    So I'm assuming this update will be compatible with your submod but just in case do we have to worry about anything there with the new mod manager CA released?
    Current version is not gonna be compatible, too many changes. I will do that as soon as rebuilt version is released so i can then resume what finally it will contain as FotE team may do some changes since i moved some parts of my mod into main FotE module as it was mentioned above. It doesn't mean all will gonna be liked and accepted.

Thank you Cgma for you hard work

Do recommend waiting for the next release then? In order to start a campaign?

I am looking forward to testing out the new stuff! Thank you for all your work, Cgma. You've brought this mod back from the dead

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast