Thread: missing units...

Default missing units...

i noticed in my byzan campaign that im missing units. before when i could not build cav milita, i assumed it was all ok, but im missing byzantian infantry and three or so other units.

I modded it so armoured sargents are not avalable in the beginning, but i havnt changed anything else. can anyone just check the tech tree and see if its just me?

Kye.

Edit: its tied to the mongol invasion again. If its a matter of editing out the mongol warning text then i can do that and ill put it up on here.
    Last edited by Kye; January 19, 2007 at 09:41 PM.

Default Re: missing units...

Quote Originally Posted by Kye View Post
    i noticed in my byzan campaign that im missing units. before when i could not build cav milita, i assumed it was all ok, but im missing byzantian infantry and three or so other units.

I modded it so armoured sargents are not avalable in the beginning, but i havnt changed anything else. can anyone just check the tech tree and see if its just me?

Kye.

Edit: its tied to the mongol invasion again. If its a matter of editing out the mongol warning text then i can do that and ill put it up on here.
    Kye,

Which units do you recommend be available before the Mongrel invasion for Byzantines?

Cheers! dd

It was intentional? Byzantian infantry definately...

If it was intentional, i think they should be put into the tech tree rather then waiting for the trigger, since when the mongols do come, ill end up being able to produces pretty much anything.

Kye.

Quote Originally Posted by Kye View Post
    It was intentional? Byzantian infantry definately...

If it was intentional, i think they should be put into the tech tree rather then waiting for the trigger, since when the mongols do come, ill end up being able to produces pretty much anything.

Kye.
    That's the way it was from DLV1.8_ext.

Byz infantry now have no trigger, available from the start...

Byz units which still have triggers (no changes..all in Tech Tree):
    Byzantine Guard Archers -- Mongols Trigger
    Latinkon (Cavalry) -- Mongols Trigger
    Vardariotai (Cavalry) -- Timurids Trigger
    Trebuchet -- Mongols Trigger

This change will be in DLV 1.9 or next Tweaks...which ever comes first...

Cheers!

dd

what date roughly should the invasion begin?

It bothers me slightly that some factions cant pull from there strengths at the beginning, but i guess any game would be different if they had all units or not.

Kye.

Libertus

bump to the top, when does the horde invade?

Warning of the hordes (in years after start)

; ------------ CORE GAME EVENT --------------
    event historic mongols_invasion_warn
    date 128 144

BareBonesWars 8.1 for RTW 1.5
    Integration Mod which combines unique strategic challenges due to a 4 Season scripted campaign from 280 BC - 180 AD on several big/small maps and with an ruthless AI on the battlefield.
    Deus lo Vult DLV 6.2 for MTW II Kingdoms
    Norway+Ireland+Flanders+Kiev+Lithuania+Teutonic_Order+Armenia+Crusader+Georgia,1y2t script, army field costs, Ultimate AI 1.6, big map, military career, economic system, age simulation, heraldic system, new factions, garrison script, Crowns + Swords, Trait bugfixer, religion dependent recruiting, ancillary enhancements, darth battle mechanics