Thread: The American Revolution Mod is looking for a few good Men...

hip63's Avatar Give me some BASS!
    Patrician Artifex

Icon4 The American Revolution Mod is looking for a few good Men...

Small Example of British Units (W.I.P.)

Small Example of U.S. Units (W.I.P.)

Special thanks to the IS Team for use of some of their models.

hip63
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tar2019units2.jpg   Tar2019units1.jpg  
    Last edited by hip63; February 14, 2019 at 09:27 AM.

Default Re: The American Revolution Mod is looking for a few good Men...

Omg the Britih regulars/Red Coats how lovely they are...!!! Good job guys congrats IS team too.

Hi Guys, whats about an alliance with "High On Tea" ? I think he has the best models for this game especially for this mod (Regiments of the american revolution).

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by morada454 View Post
    Hi Guys, whats about an alliance with "High On Tea" ? I think he has the best models for this game especially for this mod (Regiments of the american revolution).
    We reached out to him but he's not interested so we will not be using any of his work. There was a test with them and they looked very nice but we were not given permission so they were killed off. I believe HighOnTea is working on a larger mod himself so I'd image that's part of his reasoning. We wish him the best in his endeavors.

However the IS Team has been nice enough to grant us permissions to use their models which are also very nice themselves. They are being tweaked of course for our needs.

here's another peak:

hip63
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tar2019units3.jpg  
    Last edited by hip63; February 14, 2019 at 09:32 AM.

Hip63 pal i wonder about the faces of the troops.! Can something could done to not have them all the same clones and stuff like Napoleon and R2TW, Thrones and Warhammer that they have some variety and stuff or is an ETW thingy that you guys can't change some to have variety.! Just to let us now.?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Basil the Second View Post
    Hip63 pal i wonder about the faces of the troops.! Can something could done to not have them all the same clones and stuff like Napoleon and R2TW, Thrones and Warhammer that they have some variety and stuff or is an ETW thingy that you guys can't change some to have variety.! Just to let us now.?
    I'm not on that end of the mod, I'm just doing the launcher, the installer and some of the mini-mods. Others are working the new units but all work in progress my friend, all work in progress...

hip63

Ok pal great you have a point i did not realise that keep up the great work hip63 and team.

i have worked with High on Tea with his campaign and in my opnion atleast i do not appreciate a come back of this mod.
    besides this making unit cards is easy either look for a google image of the unit or make a screenshot of the model.
    when done copy and paste it into the original etw image or another image depending on what you want just make sure the scale is the same as empire.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    i have worked with High on Tea with his campaign and in my opnion atleast i do not appreciate a come back of this mod.
    besides this making unit cards is easy either look for a google image of the unit or make a screenshot of the model.
    when done copy and paste it into the original etw image or another image depending on what you want just make sure the scale is the same as empire.
    Well to each their own, no one says that you have to download it.

Thanks for the advise but we've had someone step forward and have started working on them now although more people would make it go faster.

hip63
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CardSample.PNG  

hip63 we are with you buddy and the team we all love TAR..!I agree if someone does not want to play it dont download it. Very simple.

Love this mod! Hopefully more units will be added! Been a fan since the mod came out! Keep up the good work!

Clint_Eastwood's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by rohan97 View Post
    Been following this mod for some time and very disappointed that a comment had been made like this! Who are you to dictate if a mod should be resurrected or not?? I used to play with Highasteas mod now it is removed for good as your comment is an insult to a very good mod by a very talented team!!

♔hammeredalways♔'s Avatar Darthmod Moderator

Both Mods are based upon the same period enjoy one or the other or both, they are both very good
    Last edited by Lifthrasir; February 15, 2019 at 03:05 AM. Reason: For continuity
    Knight of the binge-drinking-Kebab-shop-vomiting-taxi rank-punch-up? 32nd degree

Gentlemen,

Modding etiquette does not prohibit the publishing of similar mods. Multiple mods on similar aspects is a blessing that mod users will truly appreciate. A choice is a precious commodity. We are a community of modders, so let's please converse with mutual respect.

The post in question has been reported and will be dealt with accordingly.
    Last edited by PikeStance; February 22, 2019 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Corrected with better comprehension and intent.

Patrician Artifex

Back on Topic,

The America Revolution Mod Team is still welcoming anyone with creative talents who would like to contribute. While an additional 2nd artist would highly helpful at the moment, anyone with something they would would like to contribute, in any capacity, is welcome.

Also , we would like extensively test before public release so we are also going to need testers. Just PM me if you're interested.

Thanks.

hip63

Lifthrasir's Avatar "Capre" Dunkerquois
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee

Blog Entries

Gentlemen, I've been cleaning several posts above. I remind you to stay civil and on topic. Thank you for your understanding.
    Under the patronage of Flinn, proud patron of Jadli, from the Heresy Vault of the Imperial House of Hader