View Poll Results: Shall Iskar be awarded Phalera?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

21 87.50%
  • No

0 0%
  • Abstain

3 12.50%

Thread: [Award] Iskar for Phalera

StealthFox's Avatar Consensus Achieved
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Censor Administrator Emeritus

Default [Award] Iskar for Phalera

Shall Iskar be awarded Phalera?

Quote Originally Posted by Abdülmecid I View Post
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Dear fellow citizens, I would like to present you another fine candidate for the award of Phalera, Iskar. In my opinion, Iskar is a truly invaluable member of the Total War Center community, whose academic-quality posts always contribute decisively to the progress of a political debate, the enrichment of a philosophical discussion and the answer to a scientific question. His vocabulary, tone and arguments are marked eloquence, politeness and intelligence, respectively, as Iskar never hesitates to address the point directly, in a rather civil manner, without however showing any mercy to logical fallacies and various misconceptions. Below, in order to illustrate my position, I cite several of Iskar's exemplary comments, ranging from pilgrimage and trigonometry to Empedocles and Plato. In other instances, Iskar explains modern political aspects, Descartes' line of thinking, Pascal's wager, collectivism, dual citizenship, secularism and Neo-Nazism in Karl-Marx-Stadt. After, he seems rather interested in social justice, while he has also clarified issues concerning Russel's paradox, abortion, Brexit, decline of religiosity, relativism, proselytism and sociology. However, despite his clear preference for philosophy, ethics and theology, matters such as nationhood, right to independence, nationalism, mass effect and even baby Hitler have not evaded his attention. On the other hand, there is no doubt that logic, theology and ontology are some of his favourite subjects for discussion, although I personally enjoyed his doubts about water's memory. I should also add his observations about Peterson, taxes, German elections, robotics, statehood, immigration and evolution. Last but not least, it should be noted that I didn't conduct an exhaustive research of the entirety of Iskar's involvement in the Discussion and Debate fora (especially the Mudpit and Vestigia Vetustatis were remarkably more difficult to navigate through) and that in many of the linked threads, only the initial post was cited, despite Iskar continuing to converse with his interlocutor about the subject at hand. For example, I am personally a passionate fan of the dialogues about lizards performing miracles and Hillary grilling in low-temperature nefarious human feelings.Therefore, given all his stellar activity in the D&D segment of the site, I believe that Iskar definitely deserves to have his efforts awarded with the Phalera medal.
    Supporters
    Sukiyama, Settra, Dante Von Hespburg, Aikanár, Hitai de Bodemlose, Flinn, Quintus Hortensius Hortalus, King Athelstan, Lifthrasir, lolIsuck

Van Zandt's Avatar pulvis et umbra
    Citizen Modding Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: [Award] Iskar for Phalera

Voted

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel of Time turns
    Citizen Gaming Staff Modding Staff

Voted!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi

Signature by Lifthrasir

Flinn's Avatar Sometimes you eat the Bean, sometimes the Bean eats you!
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Gaming Director

this is of

voted

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22& Socrates1984; of the Imperial House of Hader

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Missed this initially, but am glad to make it here in time to vote.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar Bearded Moderation
    Artifex Content Staff Modding Staff

Voted!

Katsumoto's Avatar Quae est infernum es
    Content Staff Citizen Moderator Emeritus

Voted.
    "I pray Heaven to bestow the best of blessings on this house and all that shall hereafter inhabit it. May none but honest and wise men ever rule under this roof."
    - John Adams, on the White House, in a letter to Abigail Adams (2 November 1800)

♔atthias♔'s Avatar Citizen
    Censor

voted
    Rise of Mordor 3D Modelers Wanted
    Total War - Rise of Mordor
    Are you a 3D Environment and Character artist, or a Character Animator?

If yes, then the Rise of Mordor team linked above is looking for you!
    Massive Overhaul Submod Units!
    D you want some units back in MOS 1.7? Install this mod http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...n-1-1-RELEASED
    It adds back units who were deleted from the campaign in MOS 1.7, namely the Winged Swordsmen, the Citadel Guard Archers and the Gondor Dismounted Bodyguard.

Under the proud patronage of
    Frunk of the house of Siblesz

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer
    Artifex

I missed the nomination thread, but I'm glad I found the vote thread just in time before it get closed.

Voted.

Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

Elfdude's Avatar The Blue Spirit
    Patrician Citizen Consul Censor

The Vote has passed 24-0-3, congratulations Iskar!

Moving to archive
    "Pride is not the antidote of Shame but its source, humility is its only true antidote." - Iroh

"
    Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    @ Elfdude, I don't give a for your condescending appraisal of my strategy. You haven't addresses a single point because I think you're unable to. I'm embarrassed for you honestly. Never has somebody so pathetically claimed the moral high ground. Piss poor debating, piss poor. I accept your surrender. Absolutely pathetic. Phalera my ass.
    When all else fails insult your opponents.