Thread: How does growth work?

Icon5 How does growth work?

So in Arretium I have two buildings that increase growth, and I also have taxes set on the lowest so I can get the highest growth bonus, yet my population for that region is still dropping. What can I do to get it to increase so that I can get the fourth building slot? Thanks.

Nordling's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: How does growth work?

Quote Originally Posted by Grabbin_Megroin View Post
    So in Arretium I have two buildings that increase growth, and I also have taxes set on the lowest so I can get the highest growth bonus, yet my population for that region is still dropping. What can I do to get it to increase so that I can get the fourth building slot? Thanks.

You cant. Every minor settlement has settlement slot, 2 land buildings slot and 4th reserved for coastal settlements. In other words - inland settlements have 3 building slots and coastal ones have 4.

+ as explained a couple times already, population growth is a separate system from regional growth. You can see the regional growth on the far bottom of the dropdown menu in the screenshot you provided - namely "province development points". When you reach a certain amount of points a new slot can be expanded. However, in your case, your latoum province is eas expanded as it can be so those points will stay forever at zero now.
    Last edited by Nordling; February 06, 2019 at 01:47 AM.

Default Re: How does growth work?

And major settlements have 4 land building slots + 1 coastal if applicable then, okay, I see, thank you!