Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: My humble screens.

Alexander78's Avatar Campidoctor
    Civitate Content Emeritus

Default My humble screens.

Hi everyone. I decided to finally publish something. The most important thing is that I still found the time for this. To do this, I just had to get sick and fly out of the usual work schedule and get a magic kick from Swaeft (hi buddy, did you think I'd forget about you?) Anyway, I'm starting.
    So, the first thing I want to say is that everything here will be published absolutely no claim to perfection and any constructive criticism and tips are welcome by the author. The second thing is that I will not be able to update this thread often and it may soon be covered with a cobwebs, for this I apologize in advance. And finally, thirdly, all the screens published here are my personal presets for various Rome II mods, so I take full responsibility for their quality and its complete absence.)
    I hope you have a good time here. And sorry about my English.)
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

Amazing cavalry of the Sassanids against the troops of Palmyra. Although I play Palmyra, but I admire the Sasanian cavalry, these armored horsemen always create a lot of problems for me.
    Radious mod for Rome2+DLC Empire Divided+Aztec lighting mod+my GEM/ReShade preset.

This screen turned out at the moment of lightning strike. I wasn't trying to make him like that, it's just a coincidence. It was fun.

I have a lot of free time now ( I won't have it again soon) so I can do my thread. Another set of screens. I've put together here my screens with different mods for Rome 2 as usual.

Part1

Part2

Part3

Part4

Part5

Update 24.02.19

Part1

Part2

Part3

Part4

Thanks for watching.
    Last edited by Alexander78; April 20, 2019 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Added new screens.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: My humble screens.

Great artworks!

I like the format chosen for pics, I like colours, lights and atmosphere of the scenes, I like the focus, I like the intense storytelling, I like .. almost everything of your screens!

I've just one complain: you are not the one who should say "Thanks for watching", actually we are the ones who have to say: "Thanks for sharing your Art with us!"

Swaeft's Avatar Drama King
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Yes! A new screenshot gallery has opened up for me to feast my eyes on. Great stuff!

In particular I love these two:

https://a.radikal.ru/a24/1902/c2/471215ee4dff.jpg

https://a.radikal.ru/a13/1902/33/6f8f97a8341d.jpg

you have a knack for capturing the screenshots at the right moment, they showcase the brutality and intensity of combat very well. Don't worry about not updating it often, most people don't, heh. Here's to more of your screenshots in the future

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Oh, Diocle, thank you so much, I am very pleased to read such words from you.
    With gratitude and respect.

Swaeft, mate, if it weren't for you, that thread probably never would have existed. Thank you so much for "paternal" custody.)
    Last edited by Alexander78; February 06, 2019 at 01:52 AM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Looking good!
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    Looking good!
    Thank you King Athelstan, I very appreciate your opinion.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Hey Alex,

I was just wondering about the size of your screenshots (they are no detriment, trust me). Is that your native monitor size, or do you crop them all to this width and height?

Swaeft's Scribblings (Library)| Swaeft's Snaps (Gallery)| My Blog (The Lensation)

Quote Originally Posted by Swaeft View Post
    Hey Alex,

I was just wondering about the size of your screenshots (they are no detriment, trust me). Is that your native monitor size, or do you crop them all to this width and height?
    Hello Swaeft!
    I use the magic of light and the secret knowledge of Siberian shamans.)
    Seriously, probably this is a feature of the monitor, because I never cut my screens. So it happened from the first loaded screen on TWC, since then I do not change anything and load them such, especially since it does not contradict the rules, as far as I understand. In general, in this format they are obtained by themselves, I do not use anything specifically.

Screens and descriptions are moved to the first post of the thread.
    Last edited by Alexander78; February 10, 2019 at 09:29 AM.

The Wandering Storyteller's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Alexander you are a great artist. I think the monitor helps, because it provides some sort of...I'm not sure how to describe it, but it gives a different POV from the standard 16 x 9 thingy.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Ahh, I see. It's your monitor resolution. Okay then, that's pretty cool, first time I ever saw a roughly squarish monitor. And I agree with TWS, the different POV is a breath of fresh air.

Your latest screens are amazing, as usual, just a suggestion that you might want to put them in the first post as well so any future visitors can look at all of your artwork at once instead of scrolling through the pages (which I assume there will be many because you're a great screenshot artist), it really helps

Guys, thank you for the lovely words, but I don't think I deserve them...
    I have an old monitor, I think I bought it back in 2007. He never let me down, so there was no reason to replace him (by the way, the entry into a sect of followers of a square monitor is open, if that. Contributions are acceptable).
    Swaeft, I probably will do as you suggest, and I will bring everything here is in order. It seems to me that this thread is a bit chaotic (I mean my placements). Thank you again for evaluating my screens, it is very important to me.
    With best wishes and respect to all.

Blog Entries

You should try a 27" 1440p IPS monitor one day - It'll rock your world. The same picture with the same colours will be displayed differently on different monitors, which one are you currently using?
    Aye, a reorganization is probably wise to keep it consistent with future pics
    and Peaman

I use Acer AL1716 17" LCD (SXGA), 1280 x 1024. This old man has serve me for quite a long time, as I wrote above. Your suggestion to try a different monitor is very tempting, I do plan to upgrade my computer, but it will be later when I get the approval of the family Senate for this expenditure in the budget.) I can't afford it at the moment. And again, then I'll lose my identity.)

Blog Entries

Your identity shan't be removed, it'll just be reaffirmed. What's your current computer specs?
    and Peaman

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Alexander78 View Post
    Hello Swaeft!
    I use the magic of light and the secret knowledge of Siberian shamans.)
    Seriously, probably this is a feature of the monitor, because I never cut my screens. So it happened from the first loaded screen on TWC, since then I do not change anything and load them such, especially since it does not contradict the rules, as far as I understand. In general, in this format they are obtained by themselves, I do not use anything specifically.
    Nice pictures, Alexander78.

If you want to experiment with different resolutions for your screenshots, that can easily be done regardless of what monitor your use. In once made a guide on how to make a big version, but still with a sharp image, of the mini map. In it, there is a clear explanation on how to configure your settings to get any output resolution for your screenshots you want. I copied the relevant part of the instructions below. The original post can be found HERE.

There are several ways to make a high quality screenshot of the mini map. I will show you how I do it, which enables you to make an almost unlimited sized clear map.

Programs used (they are all freeware):

IrfanView

Greenshot

Notepad++ This one needs to be installed before you start.

- We need to edit the "TATW.cfg" file which is located in your Third_age_3 folder. If you are using Steam, it will be probably in your "americas" or one of the other standard campaigns folders (It is the one that you used to rename your Third_Age_3 folder to).

- First make a backup of the file, so that you can easily restore the original file should something go wrong. This is unlikely, but better safe than sorry.

- Select the "TATW.cfg" file and choose "edit with Notepad++"

- You will now see the contents of the "TATW.cfg" file. Look for the "[video]" section. It should look something like this:
    [video]
    ;windowed = true
    ;movies = false
    show_banners = 0
    tga_width = 1920
    tga_aspect = 1.6
    The values we are interested in, are the one I made red. They probably are not present in your "TATW.cfg" file or have different values.
    They represent the resolution of your screenschots and the aspect ratio. 1.6 is for wide screen. Add or change the red lines with the values you want to use.
    It is easy to calculate which tga_aspect value should be used by dividing your monitor's pixel width by the pixel height. For instance, my monitor has a resolution of 1920x1200 pixels. If we divide 1920 by 1200, the result = 1.6.

It is possible to make screenshots in any resolution you want with this method, it does not matter which resolution your monitor has. The only thing to take in account here is that at higher resolutions, the file size of the pictures increases drastically. For instance, a standard screenshot is usually about 2.5 MB, at 1920 width, it is over 6.5 MB, at 2560 width it's about 12 MB.

- Make a screenshot by pressing the "Print Scrn" key. There should now be a tga picture file in your "tgas" folder (the "tgas" folder is located in your "Medieval II Total War" folder)

Quote Originally Posted by King Athelstan View Post
    You should try a 27" 1440p IPS monitor one day - It'll rock your world. The same picture with the same colours will be displayed differently on different monitors, which one are you currently using?
    Aye, a reorganization is probably wise to keep it consistent with future pics
    I use such a monitor and I can confirm that it is quite a sight to behold. However, when using the default image settings even most IPS monitors don't look that great. Usually still much better than any TN monitor though. Searching for settings on the net can improve the image drastically (which is what I did). Calibrating should give an even better result, but is typically a rather costly affair.

I also have a 1920 x 1200 IPS monitor (Dell) which is factory calibrated. Although smaller than the 1440 IPS one, it has an even better picture quality than that one.

All in all, I can definitely confirm what you said about the same picture looking different on different monitors.
    Last edited by Veteraan; February 10, 2019 at 04:19 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Blog Entries

I went from a 2010 1080p Packard Bell thingy to an Acer Predator XB271HU, and the change was amazing.

And quality tips there Veteraan!
    and Peaman

I have dual core Athlon, nvidia 2GB, 6GB RAM, 300GB hard drive. Not the best features, but for the good old Rome enough even on extreme settings.
    Thank you for kind words and tips Veteraan!
    Last edited by Alexander78; February 10, 2019 at 04:37 AM.

Blog Entries

That makes sense, with the resolution taken into consideration. What are you thinking of upgrading to?
    and Peaman

In my plans to upgrade the processor, motherboard, RAM increase well, and then replace the monitor. That's what I want to do first.
    Last edited by Alexander78; February 10, 2019 at 05:40 AM.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast