Thread: Client rulers

Default Client rulers

In my Roman campaign, when my client rulers died I could not recruit a new ruler. I had to destroy the government buildings and rebuilt them so that I could recruit a new ruler. Do not know if this is a feature in the game or is this a bug?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Default Re: Client rulers

It a feature of the game
    There is only one Macedonia in the world and it is GREECE
    Kosovo is Serbia
    ΠΑΝΙΩΝΑΡΑ ΓΙΑ ΠΑΝΤΑ
    SUPPORTER OF MY SERBIAN BROTHERS

Feature, exactly as intended. Destroying and rebuilding represents the trouble of installing a new regime to replace the old.

Quote Originally Posted by QuintusSertorius View Post
    Feature, exactly as intended. Destroying and rebuilding represents the trouble of installing a new regime to replace the old.
    Ok, pretty cool feature but a pain in the ass in the game. Love it!

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G965F met Tapatalk

Also regarding client rulers: as Saba, the game recommends establishing a client state in Zafar, which I did, but the town is small, poor, safe, and has no problems with corruption or unrest, I could probably station 1 soldier there and it would be fine.

That being so, income is 934 currently: 200 improvements, 54 trade, 408 (normal) tax, 272 average harvest.

Anyone can tell me when I could expect a client ruler to make his wages back, and whether or not I can train him at the school of scribes if he's young?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackCat View Post
    Also regarding client rulers: as Saba, the game recommends establishing a client state in Zafar, which I did, but the town is small, poor, safe, and has no problems with corruption or unrest, I could probably station 1 soldier there and it would be fine.

That being so, income is 934 currently: 200 improvements, 54 trade, 408 (normal) tax, 272 average harvest.

Anyone can tell me when I could expect a client ruler to make his wages back, and whether or not I can train him at the school of scribes if he's young?
    He might not make his wages back, however stick him in there with low taxes for long enough and he might pick up good traits like Satisfied Humanitarian and whatnot, or something like that, but they are traits which increase population growth. I don't know if you can train them at schools, but they should pick up ancillaries I believe. From an RP perspective, if I justified not recruiting a client ruler in a place like that, I'd just say that the ruler in question is not influential or involved enough in the machinations of the faction leader to be involved in much of a way, but there still is a local ruler there. I think for Zafar, it just gets unrest if you install factional governments, doesn't mean you need a client ruler necessarily.

Well, of course there's a local ruler, or a council of them (democracy, since I don't need law in Zafar); the high king just didn't provide them with weapons, armour and training, maybe even an education, at the Court's expense; and cash on tap, like with all the royal princes.

And governor traits like the humanitarian line only start gaining in significance when the town starts to have famine and a large tax and trade income, so the Himyar(?) tribes will still have to get their collective fecal matter together before the kingdom starts treating their representatives like a honorary princely court.

If you don't install a Client Ruler in an Allied Government, you will get escalating unrest, assuming you put an FM there.

No FM, just garrison, I know about interlopers