Thread: Medieval 2 has barely any bugs!

Default Medieval 2 has barely any bugs!

The game has barely any bugs.
    All the so called bugs are no bugs at all.

2handsword bug or whatver u call it. How is it a bug? Dismounted Gothic knights only have 14 attack, 14 defence. While knights have 13 attack 23 defence. Of course they r gonna lose. U jgive them AP bonus and they win easily.

Cav charge bug is no bug either. Its just that the cav doesnt know it is in a fight. It can further launch charges while in combat.
    The other cav bug, running through enemies and hitting them fast. Is another issue. Cav shouldnt attack whille running through an enemy. Its just a setting that needs to be changed somewhere, but dunno where.
    How to disable automatic attack while running? no idea

Also pikemen switching to sword too early, Where do I change the distance (meters) when an enemy unit is in range the pikemen switches to sword?>

if someone knows, feel free to share ur ideas

Another thing is, Reiters and Horse javelin are not shooting consistently, thats because they are out of range, the skirmish mode pushes them oaut of range constantly, so lots of the horsemen dont shoot. This can be fixed by increasing their range or lowering the skirmish range, but no idea how to do the later.

Share ur thoughts!
    Last edited by PlautusLeo; January 31, 2019 at 10:27 PM.

King Athelstan's Avatar The Wheel Weaves
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Medieval 2 has barely any bugs!

I'll quote the video game definition of a bug here
    software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result, or to behave in unintended ways.
    Quote Originally Posted by PlautusLeo View Post
    Its just a setting that needs to be changed somewhere, but dunno where.
    That is, by definition a bug. What you have listed here are bugs, as they perform differently than intended.
    Proudly under the patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader
    Proud patron of 4zumi, Akar, CommodusIV ,Swaeft
    and Peaman

The Great Khan of Rome's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by PlautusLeo View Post
    The game has barely any bugs.
    All the so called bugs are no bugs at all.

2handsword bug or whatver u call it. How is it a bug? Dismounted Gothic knights only have 14 attack, 14 defence. While knights have 13 attack 23 defence. Of course they r gonna lose. U jgive them AP bonus and they win easily.

Cav charge bug is no bug either. Its just that the cav doesnt know it is in a fight. It can further launch charges while in combat.
    The other cav bug, running through enemies and hitting them fast. Is another issue. Cav shouldnt attack whille running through an enemy. Its just a setting that needs to be changed somewhere, but dunno where.
    How to disable automatic attack while running? no idea

Also pikemen switching to sword too early, Where do I change the distance (meters) when an enemy unit is in range the pikemen switches to sword?>

if someone knows, feel free to share ur ideas

Another thing is, Reiters and Horse javelin are not shooting consistently, thats because they are out of range, the skirmish mode pushes them oaut of range constantly, so lots of the horsemen dont shoot. This can be fixed by increasing their range or lowering the skirmish range, but no idea how to do the later.

Share ur thoughts!
    2handed bug was just poor balancing on CA's part. Unreal Total War (my mod), mostly solves this by giving them more attack than avg. The charge cav bug is caused by the finish-proportion-cavalry in battle_config.xml. EBII fixes this by setting it to 1.0, so all of the unit charges at once. I use EBII's fixes in my mods as well. Pikes switching to swords is likely due to how M2 works for sec weapons. The range of the sword is shorter than the pikes, but it often changes it too late or too early, so most modders just get rid of it in order to make pike formations much better and responsive. Skirmish bug is fixed by EBII.
    Creator of UNREAL, balance mod series that promises changes to everything Total War, and it's offshoots, MEGA for other games. Basically, I'm reject Radious.

The charge cav bug is caused by the finish-proportion-cavalry in battle_config.xml
    where do i find that file? can I manually change it?
    sry for answering so late

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician Moderator Emeritus Administrator Emeritus

Blog Entries

Unpacking will get you the file.