Thread: Why is "change capital" disable in MP coop? Need help to solve my trade route problem...

Default Why is "change capital" disable in MP coop? Need help to solve my trade route problem...

So I'm playing as Kaledonoi a coop campaing with my friend and I can't make any maritime trade route because one of the settlements between my capital and my port city was taken by my friend. (Yeah, bad planning. I didn't know that military alliance "blocks" routes).

What is the reason for the "change capital" feature be disable in multiplayer? And there is any way me and my friend can "exchange" certain settlements?!

Jake Armitage's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Why is "change capital" disable in MP coop? Need help to solve my trade route problem...

Litharion has always been concerned about MP, if cahnge capital is disabled it probably means it wasn't doable.

Technically is doable an exchange of settlements, but it will require a script I've never done nor I'm planning to do, personally.

Default Re: Why is "change capital" disable in MP coop? Need help to solve my trade route problem...

OK thank you Jake! Btw, the rule about trading routes is that it needs to be fully connected to my Faction capital?

Patrician

Yeah, seems so, or by land (without any other faction between) or by sea (without any other faction between port and capital)

No way it can be modded?
    It's pretty retard that a military alliance blocks your trade. I'll have to restart the campaign...

Patrician

Nope, or you go to war with your friend, take the settlement and make peace or you'll need the give_region script.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Armitage View Post
    Nope, or you go to war with your friend, take the settlement and make peace or you'll need the give_region script.
    I'm afraid we just can't declare war because the cancel military alliance option is greyed out.

Nice job CA!

ScipioTheGreat's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by RoninSan View Post
    I'm afraid we just can't declare war because the cancel military alliance option is greyed out.

Nice job CA!
    That’s because you’re playing a co-op campaign. Use SaveParser to place an enemy stack by the Selly or setup a rebellion so you can take it back from them. If you’re a little more savy with modding, use the transfer region command function, which will be a little bit cleaner and more efficient. Best of luck