Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should hate be a crime?

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Should hate be a crime?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludicus View Post
    Should I laugh or cry?
    Anti Semitism denial is depressingly funny...
    France reports 74% rise in offences against Jews; in Germany, police recorded 1,646 offences motivated by hatred against Jews.Björn Höcke, AfD's leader in Thuringia, criticized Berlin's Holocaust Memorial, saying "we Germans are the only ones in the world who have planted a memorial of shame in the heart of their capital". Consequently, the AfD was banned from attending Holocaust remembrance services at the Buchenwald camp.Well done.

According the EU’s Fundamental Rights Agency - survey on discrimination and hate crime against Jews in the EU, antisemitic harassment is so common that it becomes normalised. Download/read the full report.

My dear, when I write that antisemitism does not exist in Europe I mean: Today in Europe there is not even a single political party and political leader advocating the persecution of Jews because of their race and/or faith. There is not even a single organization, cultural movement, association and whatever else advocating the persecution/discrimination of the Jews.

The documents produced by the so called Fundamental Rights Agency (another group of useless bureaucrats to whom we, citizens of the failed-state called European Union, are paying housing, assorted drugs and prostitutes, between Strasbourg and Brussels) is not even worth the cost of the paper on which it was written!

The only real thing we have today in Europe are few Leftist parties trying to invent new lunatic rhetorical constructs like the definition of hate-crimes, just to hide their own intellectual/ideological bankruptcy.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Read the suggestive of a thread title: Should hate [which is an emotion] be a crime. Of course emotions can't be crimes.

But if you find it over and over again that certain people are being attacked for the same reason, then the legislature is of course tempted to make a special case out of that. This is not so easily dismissable.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Should hate be an element of a crime then. It’s a simple question.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

swabian's Avatar igni ferroque

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Should hate be an element of a crime then. It’s a simple question.
    I'd assume hate would help with doing the deed, but it's not necessary.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    ..I mean: Today in Europe there is not even a single political party and political leader advocating the persecution of Jews because of their race and/or faith.
    Sure... afD Is a German Party With Antisemitic Ties

Although the AfD has repeatedly claimed it has nothing against Jews, its members have a record of making anti-Semitic comments or declining to condemn those who do, and associating with anti-Semites. Last year, the party’s Björn Höcke called Berlin’s Holocaust memorial a “memorial of disgrace” and said Germans should stop feeling so guilty over Nazi atrocities.
    Alexander Gauland, one of AfD’s co-leaders, recently said that“Hitler and the Nazis are just a speck of bird in over 1,000 years of successful German history,” a remark that the German president condemned as an attempt to “deliberately reopen old wounds, and foment hatred.” In August, prominent AfD members were caught on camera marching beside neo-Nazis at an anti-immigration rally in the city of Chemnitz, where protesters flashed Nazi salutes and shouted “Foreigners out!” AfD leaders later defended the rally.
    Not coincidentally, Top European rabbi urges Israel to end engagement with far-right

If a party is intrinsically racist, bigoted against large parts of society and intolerant of minorities, if Jews are not the target now, they will be in the near future
    Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Blog Entries

What does the AFD want to do to Jews Ludicus?
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Citizen

What does the AFD want to do to Jews Ludicus?
    The renewed vitriol among right-wing fascists is quite elucidative, leaving little room for imagination.In doubt, ask the Conference of European Rabbis president Pinchas Goldschmid.

Back to the topic, March,7- In the US, 23 disgraceful House Republicans vote against Anti-Hate Resolution

Il y a quelque chose de pire que d'avoir une âme perverse. C’est d'avoir une âme habituée
    Charles Péguy

Every human society must justify its inequalities: reasons must be found because, without them, the whole political and social edifice is in danger of collapsing”.
    Thomas Piketty

Although the AfD has repeatedly claimed it has nothing against Jews, its members have a record of making anti-Semitic comments or declining to condemn those who do, and associating with anti-Semites.
    Sounds familiar.

Back to the topic, March,7- In the US, 23 disgraceful House Republicans vote against Anti-Hate Resolution
    Why is it disgraceful?
    Ignore List (to save time):

Exarch, Coughdrop addict

Blog Entries

They feel it masks Ilhan Omar.

Diocle's Avatar Comes Limitis

Is The Atlantic your source?

In Germany you can't even put a historically accurate swastika in games like CoH! In Germany you can't even put a historically accurate swastika on Late Roman tunics for RTW-BI Mods! And you suggests that in Germany they would allow the existence of an anti-semitic party? Are you kidding me?

Meanwhile, in Italy this is the show offered by the Left:

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Is The Atlantic your source?
    What's wrong with the Atlantic? The Atlantic | History, Ownership, & Facts | Britannica.com

one of the oldest and most-respected magazines in the US
    Il Populist?...your source?
    I don’t see any actual Italians protesting. I see events organized by the Palestinian community in Italy and Gaza. Anti Trump protests against US embassy move to Jerusalem. In fact, nobody died.(1)

And here..what do you see?

More leftists...

(1) Thinking about it....Dozens Killed In Gaza Protest As U.S. Embassy Opens In Jerusalem.

If I remember well,Italy's position on Jerusalem remains anchored to that of Europe and UN: the world rejected Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital. Italy's stance on the US recognition of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel

Please go on...

-----
    Back to the topic:hate kills- Brazil: two ex-police officers arrested over murder of Marielle Franco

Prosecutors from a special organised crime unit said in a statement that the shooting was meticulously planned over the course of three months. “It is incontestable that Marielle Franco was summarily executed for her political activity in the defence of the causes she defended.
    ...At a press conference in Rio de Janeiro, investigating officer Giniton Lages also confirmed that one of Bolsonaro’s sons once dated a daughter of the other suspect, Lessa. “We will deal with this at an opportune moment"
    So, who killed human rights activist Marielle? Marielle Franco Assassination in Brazil Made Her Global Icon | Time

I know the answer: Far-Right wing hate.
    Last edited by Ludicus; March 13, 2019 at 08:00 PM.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Ludicus why are you defending antisemites?
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Blog Entries

the world rejected Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital.
    What about the previous 3 Presidents since Clinton?

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Big War Bird View Post
    Ludicus why are you defending antisemites?
    What? you might think twice before posting...
    --------
    Hate kills. Think Jo Cox.
    Marielle was kills because she was black, gay, single mother, human right activist who stood up for poor people, LGBT people, black people and women. A women murdered for her political ideology.
    Structural racism killed Marielle.
    Bolsonaro in spotlight after photo with Marielle Franco ... - The Guardian
    Brazil’s far-right president, Jair Bolsonaro, is facing growing calls to explain his family’s alleged links to the heavily armed and notoriously violent paramilitary gangs that control large swaths of Rio de Janeiro.
    Police also confirmed that one of Bolsonaro’s sons had dated the daughter of the other murder suspect, Ronnie Lessa, and that Lessa lived in the same beachside compound where Brazil’s president lived until moving to the capital following his election last year.
    “These relations between paramilitaries and the president of the republic must be explained.Brazilian press reports paint Lessa as a cold-blooded killer who lost his leg in a 2009 bomb attack and made a fortune as a member of a group of contract killers called the “Escritório do Crime” (The Crime Bureau).
    But there was “ample evidence” that left the family’s ties to paramilitaries “beyond doubt”, he claimed, pointing to the president’s well-documented public defence of death squads and militias.
    It must be explained, for example, how a retired policeman such as Ronnie Lessa … was able to own a comfy home in a middle-upper-class condo … the same condo where President Jair Bolsonaro also has a home – when he earned just 8,000 reais a month,” the newspaper added.
    "the world rejected Trump's recognition of Jerusalem as capital"...What about the previous 3 Presidents since Clinton?
    I'm saying the international community considers East Jerusalem occupied territory.As we know, both the Palestinians and the Israelis claim Jerusalem as their capital.The problem is East Jerusalem.What upsets the world is the arbitrary way Trump has engineered this explosive situation. My government stated,
    the Portuguese government will be extremely happy on the day it can recognise Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel, transferring its diplomatic representation from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, because this will be the very day in which Portugal will be able to recognise Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Palestine and transfer its diplomatic representation in Palestine from Ramallah to Eastern Jerusalem
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

Ludicus you keep defending the antisemitic position that Jerusalem should not be the capital of Israel.

What country do you live in and does your country have thought crime laws? I would like to report some one for a hate incident. You need to be protected from the people that are putting these ideas in your head.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Citizen

Ludicus you keep defending the antisemitic position that Jerusalem should not be the capital of Israel
    No, and no. Read above.
    For us, Jerusalem is capital of both, Israel and Palestine.
    Your reasoning is bizarre. Following your logic, the EU is antisemitic Catherine Ashton High Representative of the Union for ... - Europa EU

Our aim is a viable State of Palestine in the West Bank including East Jerusalem and the Gaza strip, on the basis of the 1967 lines.If there is to be a genuine peace a way must be found to resolve the status of Jerusalem as the future capital of Israel and Palestine
    Following your logic, my country is anti semitic.Read above. Following your logic, I'm antisemitic...
    --

Back to the topic,
    Hate is a crime- that's what I've been saying all along.
    Last edited by Ludicus; March 16, 2019 at 10:01 AM.
    Charles Péguy

Thomas Piketty

I seem to recall an a unification effort in the not too distant past also lead by Germany that can fairly be described as antisemitic.

I'm antisemitic..
    You said it not me. So where are you again?

-Ella Hill

Praeses

Poor quality OP with non sequiturs and strawmen? We need a "worst thread of the fortnight" comp for this stuff.

Ludicus you keep defending the antisemitic position that Jerusalem should not be the capital of Israel.
    Flaming troll is flaming. Selective quoting is as weaksauce trolling as it gets.

What country do you live in and does your country have thought crime laws? I would like to report some one for a hate incident. You need to be protected from the people that are putting these ideas in your head.
    Weaksauce argument dies from its own inability to breathe.

Most "hatecrime laws" (a lazy shorthand because politicians) are laws against incitement to act violently. That's not a feeling, its an action.
    Last edited by Cyclops; March 21, 2019 at 03:55 AM.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat

Rightist trolling at its best.

You see this everyday in multiplayer games chats and in mainstream news websites commentaries.

Anti-semite rightists love trolling leftists or centrists as being anti-semites too, but it's an expired meme.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Poor quality OP with non sequiturs and strawmen?
    How so?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast