Thread: Issue with FPS when upgrading from 2.5 to 3.0

Default Issue with FPS when upgrading from 2.5 to 3.0

Hi folks! First, I just wanna thank everyone involved in Surrectum, as you have developed the best mod for an already amazing game. I enjoy every second of it, with its age and limitations.
    There's an issue that's bothering me, given that I know for a fact it can be easily solved, but can't do it myself: I just made a fresh install after not playing for a couple years, and I've noticed that 2.5 works perfectly. The FPS are great both in campaign and battle maps (I gave 2.5 a check before upgrading to 3.0 because I have had this happen to me the last time, during my work holidays, I tried installing everything).
    The problem begins when installing 3.0. For some reason, after installing it my launcher preferences are all set to the highest, and the game becomes unplayable. Even if I set everything back to NORMAL quality, the lag is still there. I know it's not a matter of hardware, since the game is very similar graphics wise between 2.5/6 and 3.0, it's just that there is some particular configuration that renders it impossible to play. Why is this happening? Do you know why my preferences are changed when upgrading? Is there a particular setting that is the cause of all of this? My resolution is set to my native desktops, and lowering it won't change a thing, the lag is still there. My guess is that there is some rendering setting that I have still not touched, or that the gamefiles are configured in some way that's more hardware intensive.
    Could you guys offer me a solution? Do you think I could borrow from any of you a working, smooth config file to use? Or should I upgrade even more to 3.1 (I think it is released, from what I´ve seen here).

To summarize, 2.5 works like a charm, and upgrading to 3.0 changes my configuration and makes it reeeeally laggy (from 45~ fps to 5~). Even if I downgrade vegetation, building, AA, disable shadows, effects, etc. the lag is still there.

Thanks in advance, hope I can solve this since I LOVE the game, and I really want to play 3.0, balance wise it is the best.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Issue with FPS when upgrading from 2.5 to 3.0

It's against TWC rules to post my solution to your issue here so I've sent you a private message. let me know if it works
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

I tried increasing the RAM, but it does not seem to work at all. Any other ideas? I'm quite desperate; thanks for replying Saul!

Update to 3.1 it fixes many problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Searry View Post
    Update to 3.1 it fixes many problems.
    I did, the problem persisted. It's really confusing; so far I'm playing with 2.6, and it works perfectly. My graphics are set to high.

Saul Tyre's Avatar Senator

@ Aguscanzani I don't know if this will help, I don't use steam but came across this on YT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dGlog9mvKs I don't have this problem myself, I use discs and my OS is Win 7. My PC is quite fast @ 3.5GHz and plenty enough RAM @ 8Gbs. I have copied & pasted my files and exe's from inside my RTW Anthology folder in programs (x86) to a renamed "new folder" in my c:/drive and installed RS 2.5+III+3.1 on top. I have 16 mods in total done this way, adjusted my settings in preferences where needed per mod., very rarely any lag or ctd's, and also have a fresh vanilla copy always available in programs(x86). I believe you can do the same with steam. I have also bypassed my UAC for my games to stop any interference to my files from Windows, this link will explain http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Store-Problems I hope some this may be of some use to you, although you may not need to bother about virtual store on Win 10

If you would like to see some proof of the above, check out my RSIII Let's play (Athens Campaign) just click the link below in my signature.

also....\data\_IMPORTANT_STUFF\Alternate_Strat_Trees you will find a 'reduced lag' folder. Copy that file into the 'data' directory, it should help considerably, I mentioned this in my pm to you have you tried it?
    Last edited by Saul Tyre; January 29, 2019 at 12:22 PM.
    My personality is who I am....my attitude depends on who you are!!!
    RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member/adviser/tester
    RTR Project Group member/RTR8_4.0 beta tester.
    RSII_WWC Team Member/tester.XC_5 Beta tester
    My TW youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/SaulTyre

Just to confirm...

You made a 'fresh install after a couple of years'... - Is this a new PC?

If so - what's the main chip's clock rate? I'm also curious that you mention v2.5 when v2.6 was the last (and did indeed have more graphics usage, which does impact v3)?
    "RTW/RS VH campaign difficulty is bugged out (CA bug that never got fixed) and thus easier than Hard so play on that instead" - apple

RSII 2.5/2.6 Tester and pesky irritant to the Team. Mucho praise for long suffering dvk'.

Laetus

Hy, Saul Tyre could you please pm me your solution. I'm having the same issue with a brand new laptop.(i7, 16gb ram, gtx 1050 ti)

For me ti has alwais been the new campaign map vegetation, i switched back to the old one