Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [SOLVED] How to increase general's unit bodyguard?

Default Re: Quick question, asked about a 10000x and still no damn straight and intelligible answers

Man, this is the weirdest bug i have ever heard of. Maybe as last resort is to have a clean instal.

Default Re: Quick question, asked about a 10000x and still no damn straight and intelligible answers

Well mate, this is actually not a bug at all. It's quite simple, even... x) The editing work perfectly fine lol... For new generals. The one already on the map keep their 40 man. So now I just need, if possible, to edit the unit size of the generals already on the map and since I play with the 97 regions mod... might take a while? xD Anyway, do you know how to proceed from here? Thanks again for you time guys!
    Last edited by R.P. Gryphus; January 27, 2019 at 08:31 PM.

I just found out by starting and playing a campaign.

My guess is that i need to edit startpos.esf? Seems tricky.
    Last edited by R.P. Gryphus; January 27, 2019 at 08:30 PM.

I think for campaign you need to modify the startpos because the starting units on campaign must be modified there to take into effect.

Do this on your current mod that you modified to increase general from 40 to 80. Add this:
    Using packfilemanager. Add from pack--> data.pack(from game folder)--> go to campaign--> right click on jap_shogun to add it.

You now have startpos.lua and startpos.esf unde jap_shogun.
    Click on startpos.esf. Campaign_startpos on the right expand it---> comppressed_data--->campaign_env--->campaign_model--->world--->faction array. Here you have all the factions. You need to do this for each faction for every general.

So expand faction_array-0 -->faction--->army array-0 -->army--->units array-0
    Here you have the armies and the general is usually the first one in the army but first check.

Expand land_unit--> click on land_record_key. Value must be gen_taisho to make sure it is the general unit. Now click unit and change the 2 values that are 40 to 80. (3rd and 4th) row.

Now go to the next army army_array-1 And do the same.
    Do this for all factions to change all the starting generals.

After you are done editing. First click on the left side on campaign or any other directory. It will take some time for it to close. After it is closed you save the mod.

The difference between movie and mod is that the movie type overwrites any other mod type that has the same tables and it auto-loads. I was thinking you had a mod that you did not know about and it would have been conflicting with the generals.

Good morning Sorinel! Thanks for your help, now it's working after I followed your steps. I had to edit a mod I use that add a 100 more factions to the game. I don't have the patience nor the determination to edit them all, so what I did was to edit the generals of powerful and ambitious faction like the main one and some other like the Imagawa, Miyoshi and Asakura. All the others more minor faction will still be able to recruit or employ generals with 80 men in their unit. Again, thanks a lot for your help, you and Izzi have been really helpful. Have a good day sirs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12