Children:
    Whalen Frey

Traits:
    +2 Battles
    +1 Scout
    +1 Rearguard
    +2 Charisma

Temperament:
    - Confident: This character is very self-assured, brimming with confidence and difficult to shake even under pressure. However, taken to an extreme, they can show a suicidal disregard for their life and the lives of others, and fail to take...well, failure into account when planning. +1 battle rolls, +1 to rout rolls against this character.

Forrest Frey, also known as ‘Fool Frey’ for once asking for asking Princess Rhaenyra Targaryan’s hand in marriage, is the Head of House Frey and Lord of the Crossing. Forrest is a headstrong yet caring young man, and can be too gallant at times for his own good. A competent rider, he leads a light cavalry unit as well as having around 800 men-at-arms. Where his wife is merciless and grasping, he is firm yet of conscience. Eager to prove himself, and still sympathetic to Rhaenyra despite being a married man, there was a presence on his mind and in the Riverlands that not all was quite well.

Sabitha Vypren, Lady of the Twins

sharp-featured, sharp-tongued harridan of House Vypren, who would sooner ride than dance, wore mail instead of silk, and was fond of killing men and kissing women.

Married to Forrest Frey

Children:
    Whalen Frey

Traits:
    +1 Battles
    +3 Survival
    +1 Personal Combat

Temperament:
    - Austere:
    This character disdains pomp and pageantry, instead preferring a plain & simple (the uncharitable might say 'rigidly spartan') lifestyle. +5% income, -1 Charisma.

Whalen Frey, Heir to House Frey

Unmarried

Children:
    None

Traits:
    +1 Scout
    +2 Survival
    +1 Wealth
    +1 Charisma

Temperament:
    - Impulsive: This character acts before (sometimes, without) thinking. They might move and decide more quickly than others, but their recklessness can lead them to disaster as well. +5% movement speed, -1 to detection rolls.

Military
    Levy
    1200 Light Infantry
    600 Archers
    600 Men at Arms
    300 Light Cavalry
    300 Heavy Cavalry
    Vassal Levy
    200 Light Infantry
    100 Archers
    100 Men at Arms
    50 Light Cavalry
    50 Heavy Cavalry

Buildings
    TIER I

TIER II

TIER III

TIER IV
    Last edited by Aexodus; January 25, 2019 at 05:03 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Twins, Seat of House Frey

For over 400 years, the Freys had guarded The Crossing over the Green Fork. Forrest Frey sat in the halls his ancestors had built. He was brooding. He knew there was unease in the Seven Kingdoms after the death of the King, mighty armies were mobilising, and battle lines were being drawn. It wasn’t a question of if war broke out, but when. The previous week Forrest Frey had received a raven from Branstone, declaring the Tully heir for Rhaenyra. It was now a waiting game to see how the chips fell. He knew his wife’s kin, House Vypren in Stillfen had declared for what they are calling ‘the blacks’, as had Frey’s own vassal, House Erenford.

”Father, a raven from Riverrun has arrived,” a voice said.

Forrest Frey slowly raised his gaze to meet his son’s eyes, “Think before you speak Whalen Frey,” he replied. “I may be your father, but I am the Lord of this house and your superior,” he said in his typically self-assured tone.

”Of course, ser,” was heard slightly reluctantly from the impatient Frey heir. He reminded himself, kinship meant for little more than a toleration of one’s presence, in the Twins. He approached his father and handed him the letter, who immediately and with furious speed unrolled the parchment and read the contents.

To the Lords and Ladies of the Riverlands,

it fills me with bitterness that my own twin brother has declared himself to the cause of Rhaenyra Targaryen, while I will hold my oath towards Aegon II., King upon the Iron Throne and Lord of the Seven Kingdoms. If it seems to all of you that I acted with hesitation as my Lord brother claims, then he is right, yet I did hesitate as I wished to avoid the Riverlands being driven into a war.
    Even without my consent, some of my bannermen align themselves already with the Black Queen - I neither will judge them, as each of them has their own motivation, yet Riverlanders might fight yet again other Riverlanders on open battlefield, like it has always been during the Age of Kings.

Those loyal towards Riverrun and the Crown shall gather at my fortress in order to bring back order to the realm, wheras I can only warn our enemies to march upon us.
    We shall fear the dragon fire, but we shall not fear the dragon. For as our enemy has to fear the same on their side as well.
    May the Seven bless us all.

Lord Eldric Tully, Lord of Riverrun, Lord Paramount of the Riverlands

{SIGNED AND SEALED}

“Well, my boy,” he dryly pronounced, “The Tully’s are a house split. You do know, what that means?”

“We... we have contradicted loyalties father,” said Whalen.

”Indeed. Eldric Tully is a good man, one I respect and my liegelord, but yet, I am also sworn to the firstborn of dead-King Viserys.”

”Son, you have my authority to send a raven to Riverrun, inform them... inform them that House Frey is declaring for Queen Rhaenyra,”
    the rightful heir he said to himself, finishing his own sentence. “Also send word to your Mother’s kin in Stillfen, and our vassals. House Haigh has declared neutrality I believe?”

“Indeed Father.”

“Tell them, no implore them that they must follow their Lord, lest be remembered as cowards for the rest of this age. You are dismissed.”
    Last edited by Aexodus; January 25, 2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Default Re: The Twins, Seat of House Frey

A raven.

Lord Forrest,

I know your lordship well, once you courted myself and declared yourself to be my suitor. Oaths were sworn in the past, and affection remained between our houses, for your devotion to me was well-known and I always held you as a good vassal. Now, we request your Lordship to raise your banners in our support, to fulfill old oaths and promises.

In the Light of the Seven,

Rhaenyra, First of Her Name, etc

(SIGNED AND SEALED)

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.