Thread: Lord Eldric's host of the Riverlands - Green

Default Lord Eldric's host of the Riverlands - Green

Commanders
    Lord Eldric Tully - +2 Survival, +1 Duel, +1 Battle, - 1 to Battle/joust/duel rolls due to Empathic

Ser Gareth Tully - NPC
    Lord Mallister - NPC
    Lord Darry - NPC

Riverlander Houses, joining the Green's cause

Riverrun - House Tully of Riverrun - 3,000 men
    - Willow Wood - House Ryger of Willow Wood - 500 men
    - Turnbridge - House Chambers of Turnbridge - 500 men

Seagard - House Mallister of Seagard, High Lords of Ironman's Bay - 3,000 men
    - Cape of Eagles - House Mallister of Seagard - 500 men
    - Rushmoor - House Rushmoor of Rushmoor - 500 men
    - Martlet Bay - House Grell of Martlet Bay - 500 men
    - Gravesham - House Keath of Gravesham -500 men

Stone Hedge (Southstone) - House Bracken of Stone Hedge, High Lords of Southstone - 3,000 men
    - Lychester - House Lychester of Lychester - 1,000 men
    - Goodbrook - House Goodbrook of Goodbrook 1,000 men

Darry - House Darry of Darry, High Lords of Trident Mouth - 1,000 men
    - Chiltern - House Wayn of Chiltern - 500 men
    - Wycombe - House Terrick of Wycombe - 500 men

- Deddington - House Dedding of Deddington - 500 men

- Mistlewood - House Charlton of Mistlewood - 500 men

Army of Lord Eldred - 17,175 men

175 men Lord's Retiniue
    --87 Heavy Infantry
    --88 Heavy cavalry

6,800 Light infantry
    3,400 Archers
    3,400 Heavy infantry
    1,700 Light cavalry
    1,700 Heavy cavalry

Army of Lord Rowan - 8,475 men

2,800 LI
    1,800 Archers
    1,800 Men at Arms
    900 LC
    900 Knights
    +137 Heavy Cav from Personal Retinue
    +138 Heavy Infantry from Personal Retinue

---------------------------------------------------------------

Gathering at the very gates of Riverrun, Lord Paramount Eldric Tully has called upon his bannermen to defy the forces of Rhaenyra Targaryen in the name of King Aegon II, having amassed a good majority of the Riverlander High Lords in sight of the ancient keep. Although the enemy is in possession of dragons and Eldric's very own twin brother has been declared Lord Paramount by the Black's Queen, when he joined up forces with her, the army of the Riverlands prepares itself to keep their foes at bay, as Tully is aware that Prince Daemon, who sent Ser Robin Strong as an emissary to find out Tully's intentions, would certainly strike upon Caraxes' back at him at any time now.
    Awaiting further orders from the Crown, while preparing themselves for whatever is to come, the Riverlords endure for the moment, hoping that their allies won't leave them on the camp fire like a burnt fish.
    Last edited by Lord Dread; January 29, 2019 at 07:03 AM.

Default Re: Lord Eldric's host of the Riverlands - Green

Three knights on horseback approach the Riverrun forces. They fly no banners but a white flag. It gets them enough attention to request an audience of Lord Tully. On the breast plate of the lead man, is the golden tree and sigil of House Rowan. He introduces himself as Ser Addam Webber, captain of Lord Thaddeus Rowans personal guard.

He was lead into a tent, where among Lord Mallister and other prominent Highlords, namely Bracken and Darry, the Tully's stood, one being obviously the uncle of the frail Lord Eldric, who stood over a map table, showing a rough map of the Riverlands. Wooden figurines were placed, Black and Green - for most parts one green figure, resembleing somewhat a green dragon stood near the capital, while a green pawn was stationed at Riverrun. The black figure of another dragon loomed, where supposedly Harrenhall is.
    More than surprised, Lord Tully looked up.
    "House Rowan...", he said whispering in surprise, when he recognized the chestplate, before looking up to Webber, once he had introduced himself "Say, how fares Lord Thaddeus? I was aware that you would aid us, as I recieved the letter... yet I am surprised to see you here already. How many men are on the way?"

Webber nodded and bowed respectfully at the Lord.

He is well, my lord. He is yet behind us. He sent me ahead to prepare for his arrival, and also to ensure no great host lay before us. When he gets here he will hope for a private audience between your lordship, your brother in law Robert Rowan, and himself. When he gets here he intends to move swiftly so he was hoping that any needs or hesitations you may have of him are relayed to me.

The Lord nodded, more than reasoning the decision.
    "It is good to hear that Rowan will come soon to our aid", Eldric began, while pointing towards the map, "We assume that the Blacks are currently standing at Riverrun, as last talks with Ser Robin Strong suggested that at least Harrenhal has fallen to Daemon's command. Caraxes was sighted there and they know that we will side with the Greens. We hope that combined our forces might be enough to hold out against them until the royal army under Lannister and the King might fall into their back."
    He briefly paused, as the news of Rowan's assured coming gave him some hope.
    "Has the entire Reach mobilized for our cause?"

Unfortunately no, the Northmarch has as has Goldengrove. An impressive amount of men but not the entire Reach. My Lord has not come to fight the War of Dragons directly. He has only come to fight for your lordship. You, as the named successor of your father, are the only man in the Riverlands that should call banners. Not your brother. That brings Lord Rowan to you and your defense, as far as I am aware. As far as Blacks and Greens... he has not discussed those things with the likes of me.

Webber was a fighting man more than anything. He was no political jockey nor did he care to be. He spoke on what he knew and as directly as possible. Ambiguity on the battlefield was dangerous after all.

The Lord nodded, more than gratefully.
    "If fate would leave me a choice, I neither would fight this battle, but seems like my Lord brother joined the Blacks willingly in terms of undermining my authority", he answered bitter, though still determined, "I'm thankful for Lord Thaddeus decision to aid us - he shall know the eternal gratitude of House Tully should Ser Gareth and myself, or in worst case, only our family members survive."
    "Realistically we're prey to the dragons right now, at least one of them will most likely come for us, now that Rhaenyra declared my wretched nephew Lord Paramount of the Riverlands as well", the other Tully replied spiteful, "Yet dragons can be killed, the Dornish have proven that. If we take one of them down in hopes that the incoming forces won't be able to smash both Tully and Rowan forces, we can hold this position until further orders from the capital arrive. Without dragons we are tied in a defensive position anyways and we must assume that they will likely engage Aegon with their main army, as Lannister's forces would be within their neck as well."
    "While in worst case we have to gather the remnants within the keep", Lord Eldric replied in agreement, although sounding worried, "We have prepared ravens for the likely case that one of Rhaenyra's armies will attack us and we hope, that Riverrun's walls will hold against the might of the dragons, if it comes to the worst."

The next morning, and to the south, a mass of troops was spotted on the horizon. Ahead of that mass rode Lord Thaddeus Rowan, Lord Gerold Rowan, Robert Rowan, and young Jonothor Rowan. Each of the men were war clad. Robert was particularly out of place in his garb but there he was regardless. Jonothor, son of Robert and Marissa once Tully, was less awkward in his armor than his father. He reveled in his uncles Gerold and Maces prowess with the sword and hoped to be as they were. Mace was still a sore thought by Thaddeus and a cause of outrage from Gerold. They rode ahead with banner flying and a compliment of men to guard them. In these times, Thaddeus said before departing the main army, one can't step out the front door without an attempt on their life.