Thread: Government types

Default Government types

Playing my Rome campaign, its been fun though I think there is a bug with rebellions being triggered but not turning up. That said - we have all these options for different main settlement types - I am making EVERYTHING state run, is there any good reason to allow regions to be self governed aside from public order?

Default Re: Government types

Good question, I would like to hear knowledgeable people.

Public Order is the main reason, but there are others. A big one is autonomy - ie the % of maintenance and income borne by the state. Allied states have a higher autonomy, maybe 50%, whereas state chains provide much higher integration, reaching full integration by tier IV or V. This means if you want to make a region heavy on maintenance, eg temples, academies, recruiting grounds, etc., you should aim for lower integration. There has also been discussion about making some units unique to allied settlements, but that has not been implemented.

Edit: Forgot; tributaries give you more income than any other chain at the expense of less culture than state and less PO than Allied.
    Last edited by Spariel; January 29, 2019 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Spariel View Post
    Public Order is the main reason, but there are others. A big one is autonomy - ie the % of maintenance and income borne by the state. Allied states have a higher autonomy, maybe 50%, whereas state chains provide much higher integration, reaching full integration by tier IV or V. This means if you want to make a region heavy on maintenance, eg temples, academies, recruiting grounds, etc., you should aim for lower integration. There has also been discussion about making some units unique to allied settlements, but that has not been implemented.

Edit: Forgot; tributaries give you more income than any other chain at the expense of less culture than state and less PO than Allied.
    Thank you!