Thread: New Battle Beta/Faction units Release Possible?

Default New Battle Beta/Faction units Release Possible?

Hey guys. Very interested in this Mod, and am a big fan of the units in the battle beta. I notice that there are faction previews and unit rosters for factions (Venice, Aragon etc) not included in the Battle Beta. Is there any chance a quick new battle beta could be released WITH some of these other factions included? Or barring that, a file containing the unit data, so I might manually add the units to existing factions? I realise these mods are time consuming and take work, but I like to play with what I can in the meantime, and a new faction or two to play custom battles with, would go a long way toward sating the thirst of all of us awaiting this mod.

That's all. I really would appreciate any help offered.

Default Re: New Battle Beta/Faction units Release Possible?

Thank you for the interest in Tsardoms

Another battle beta is not gonna happen. The battle beta was a separate development version, with structure and code discrepancies related to the main mod folder. It has been merged with the main mod around 2 years ago.

That being said, we are closer than you think regarding a campaign beta release. An official date will be announced soon.

We we appreciate your patience.
    Tsardoms: Total War
    Former Campaign Manager
    Semi-retired (or maybe semi-active? who knows...)

Quote Originally Posted by dcadastro View Post
    Thank you for the interest in Tsardoms

Another battle beta is not gonna happen. The battle beta was a separate development version, with structure and code discrepancies related to the main mod folder. It has been merged with the main mod around 2 years ago.

That being said, we are closer than you think regarding a campaign beta release. An official date will be announced soon.

We we appreciate your patience.
    Is it time to get hyped because I'm going to get hyped

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

That are great news!
    If all goes well (not promising anything) we will see two big releases this year

Wallachian's Avatar Citizen

To be fair Tsardoms will have a lot less features and scrips than TGC. Our first public/limited public beta version will just be a bare version of the mod basically having all the factions playable, all the units, the map, garrisons, characters on the map and most of the map features. It will be like a sandplay version. After we release that we will work on bringing more things to it such as more 2d things, some scripts, events (invasions, crusades, rebellions), historical characters, more features to the map (PSFs, villages, monasteries) and we will keep adding.

Antonius's Avatar Decanus
    Europe - Britain, Austria, Italy, Belgium....

Quote Originally Posted by Wallachian View Post
    To be fair Tsardoms will have a lot less features and scrips than TGC. Our first public/limited public beta version will just be a bare version of the mod basically having all the factions playable, all the units, the map, garrisons, characters on the map and most of the map features. It will be like a sandplay version. After we release that we will work on bringing more things to it such as more 2d things, some scripts, events (invasions, crusades, rebellions), historical characters, more features to the map (PSFs, villages, monasteries) and we will keep adding.
    Sounds great, can't wait!!!
    It is always easier to fight for one’s principles than to live up to them.
    ~Alfred Adler

Dead*Man*Wilson's Avatar Campidoctor

Glad to see things are moving along very well. Thanks guys!