Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: New faction icons (ready to download) - RELEASED for Dac V4

cedric37's Avatar Why Not ?!
    Patrician Citizen

Default New faction icons (ready to download) - RELEASED for Dac V4

Here are new flags for Third Age : DaC (it's completely save game compatible).

Dac v4

This can be downloaded here then just extract into your Third Age mod directory.

Note for v4: The only limitation is that for High elves keeped the Icon for Lindon.
    All credits goes to b0Gia de Bodemloze for this update.

Old Link to Dac V3 Faction Icons
    Download Link
    Old Link to Dac V2.2 Faction Icons
    Download Link
    Last edited by cedric37; March 30, 2020 at 12:09 PM. Reason: Dac v4 version released
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

Default Re: New faction icons

These look really fantastic Cedric! All quite distinct and yet sharing a certain style. If I might be so bold as to voice a suggestion, I believe the Ar-Adunaim could be amended by removing the Seven Stars; if memory serves they represent the palantir brought by Elendil to Middle-Earth, and thus are a token of the Faithful, which would seem unsuitable given the backstory of the Ar-Adunaim in DaC.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks
    Good point for Ar-Adunaim, I'll change in the next version
    Patronized by y2day/Patron of KDK, Swagger & Navajo Joe, of the Imperial House of Hader

They are looking really really good and fresh , not to offend your work but you could tweak some colors of them so they better match their faction colors like Angmar(blue and black), Erebor (red), Lindon (purple) and Enedwaith(yellow brown) and in dac OOTM got splited so there is also a Gundabad faction(white grey red)
    Thank you for your amazing work.
    Last edited by iceman1946; January 21, 2019 at 03:35 AM.

Patrician Citizen

Thanks and no offense taken, all feedback like yours is in fact very welcome.
    I'll adjust in the next version

I'm happy that you have taken my suggestion

I'm looking forward to see it released!

Patrician Citizen

Hehe, I could not resist

Fixed version concept page...

PS: thanks again for the very invaluable feedback.

Patrician Citizen

and in dac OOTM got splited so there is also a Gundabad faction(white grey red)
    Thanks, in fact what should be the OOTM colour then ? I believe what I've done is more suitable to Gundabad ?

Patrician Citizen

They look amazing Cedric and the in game color of OotMM is brown and gray is better suited for Gundabad. Rhun is golden. Northen Dunedain is dark green. Anduin is light red
    Last edited by Goat rider; January 21, 2019 at 05:41 AM.

Wow these are insanely good, and I didnt even need to read whats below to know what faction is the simbol for , good work

These icons look amazing.

I really like what you've done for the Enedwaith icon, but what is it exactly?
    I like the art style for it but I always start overthinking art like that, so now it looks to me like some sort of chunky mole-man/hobbit hybrid wearing a thong (yes I know he's crossing his legs). I swear I'm trying to give you a compliment.

As far as useful advice is concerned, maybe you could add some gold to the Ar-Adűnâim icon (border around the ship, a gold symbol)? We certainly don't need more black and red icons (based on their armour and cape, respectively). They think of themselves as the true heirs of Númenor, so it would be nice and pretentious.
    Alternatively, their story in DaC is that they sailed up north to invade so maybe you could use a different ship for their icon. The current image looks a lot like the images used for the longboats of Enedwaith or the mercenary cogs you can hire. Maybe you could use the corsair ship from the movie. Something that looks like it could take on the Amrothian ships in a fight.

Senator

@greatyng: I`m sure that this is a "Pukelman", one of the ancient inhabitants of the regions of rohan and around. In the time of the Third Age only to be found in the forests northwestern of Minas Tirith.

@cedric: Those Images look amazing, have some Rep!

My god these icons are incredible! I also want to ask cedric, roughly how long did these take to make?

Patrician Citizen

Thank you all for your input, I can insure you that it is taken into account, and yes Morifea, the hobbit mole man is in fact a pukel man.
    I will make some adjustments and post a new version soon

EDIT:
    My god these icons are incredible! I also want to ask cedric, roughly how long did these take to make?
    Once the main template is done (which can take a few hours), a symbol is approximately taking less than 1 hour to make, research time included -(yeah I'm making research to try to stay as lore-firendly as possible). That's the time to make the concept, to port them in game will take at least as much time, if not more.
    Last edited by cedric37; January 21, 2019 at 06:59 AM.

Patrician Citizen

El Monstero29's Avatar Semisalis

These are beautiful Cedric! This is some seriously fantastic work. The only icon I'm not a fan of is Enedwaith's, mainly because I can't tell what it's actually supposed to be. Looks a bit like a groundhog to me. Perhaps a Celtic knot design or something similar might be better here?

Also, I think you're missing one. The "Dark Lord of Mordor" has a separate icon outside of Mordor's icon, as he's the pope.
    Last edited by El Monstero29; January 21, 2019 at 07:50 AM.

Damn you are fast, great work and improvments, you could just switch Gundabad and GoM emblems if you desire and make current GoM emblem( if you switch that will be Gundabad emblem) its background to pure white. + rep

Patrician Citizen

Thanks guys !

@El Monstero: Ah yes, completely overlooked that good'ol'pope Sauron And yes tending to agree more and more on changing the pukel man, just to avoid thinking you are playing a faction of giant ratmen

@iceman: Ah well, the Gundabad emblem is really more adapted to Gundabad IMHO (the 3 piked mountain is the mount Gundabad itself, and the giant bat, well you certainly have seen / read 'the hobbit')

Patrician Citizen

What about this for Enedwaith ?

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast