Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Lying Liberal Media, episode 1: the kid with the MAGA hat and the native American

Default Re: Lying Liberal Media, episode 1: the kid with the MAGA hat and the native American

So what is the Right's problem with that? Your patron loves to generalize whole groups and tell individuals what their political allegiances are for them. I have been on the receiving end of that several times.
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Default Re: Lying Liberal Media, episode 1: the kid with the MAGA hat and the native American

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Persons in the media see these kids as stand ins for a group. This whole controversy is about the denial of the individual within identity politics, seeing these kids as the face of ‘white privilege’ instead of just, kids.

https://youtu.be/MjV7EDuL21M
    I don't think that's the exact issue. It's not like these kids were just standing there either. They were jeering and the MAGA hat didn't help. I don't have anything against these guys getting all energized to show some unity and whatnot, but the idea that they're "just" being kids is absurd. I've been to high school and we did to stuff like that. Not everyone though, kids are divided into many different groupings and sub-cultures. Especially Seniors. It's a reality that certain demographics of these students are much more likely to entertain far-right narratives than others. Especially nowdays with the internet and all.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 24, 2019 at 04:57 PM. Reason: continuity

Big War Bird's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Aexodus View Post
    Persons in the media see these kids as stand ins for a group. This whole controversy is about the denial of the individual within identity politics, seeing these kids as the face of ‘white privilege’ instead of just, kids.

https://youtu.be/MjV7EDuL21M
    When you see the word "privilege" coming from the SJW types, just replace it with "original sin" and what they mean becomes so much clearer.

It's not like these kids were just standing there either. They were jeering and the MAGA hat didn't help. I don't have anything against these guys getting all energized to show some unity and whatnot, but the idea that they're "just" being kids is absurd.
    The composure and spirit these teens had in enduring the abuse they were receiving from the BHI was ing amazing.
    Last edited by Big War Bird; January 24, 2019 at 05:31 PM.
    As a teenager, I was taken to various houses and flats above takeaways in the north of England, to be beaten, tortured and raped over 100 times. I was called a “white slag” and “white ****” as they beat me.

-Ella Hill

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

So, the media got it wrong. What worries me a lot more than that is not just that, though, but how something like this becomes a news item in the first place. Let's face it, it is NOT IMPORTANT unless we make ourselves believe that it is. This tendency of creating news out of social media nonsense is leading to mass hysteria where whole nations get worked up about trivialities. Worst is if they are used for ammo in political debates, because then it just becomes a matter of scouring social media and the internet for those trivialities that happen to reaffirm previously held beliefs and sharing them with as many people as possible to play on raw emotion. It's really pretty disgusting.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    So, the media got it wrong. What worries me a lot more than that is not just that, though, but how something like this becomes a news item in the first place. Let's face it, it is NOT IMPORTANT unless we make ourselves believe that it is. This tendency of creating news out of social media nonsense is leading to mass hysteria where whole nations get worked up about trivialities. Worst is if they are used for ammo in political debates, because then it just becomes a matter of scouring social media and the internet for those trivialities that happen to reaffirm previously held beliefs and sharing them with as many people as possible to play on raw emotion. It's really pretty disgusting.
    Seeming protest groups clashing on the National Mall will always be news whatever the end story ends up being.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    Seeming protest groups clashing on the National Mall will always be news whatever the end story ends up being.
    That's only part of the issue. The other part is supposedly serious media being so desparate not to miss the latest hottest story that they pass anything that causes a furor on social media practically unfiltered to their audience as 'news'.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    That's only part of the issue. The other part is supposedly serious media being so desparate not to miss the latest hottest story that they pass anything that causes a furor on social media practically unfiltered to their audience as 'news'.
    They're not going to wait a week for the 2 hour video to drop either. Someone with the video is either interested in the truth or not. Someone with the video is either interested in egg getting on the media's face or not.
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

I can't see why a group representing the Catholicn faith supposedly for a march to emphasis the sanctity of life all wore MAGA hats. A hat as one can recall worn by an oaf who kicked off his racist campaign saying Mexican immigrants were rapists and bringing crime, and after spending several years spreading a racist conspiracy theory that a black President wasn't fully American, and who defended white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia, as good people. Bring on the nun with the spanking implement I say.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    I can't see why a group representing the Catholicn faith supposedly for a march to emphasis the sanctity of life all wore MAGA hats. A hat as one can recall worn by an oaf who kicked off his racist campaign saying Mexican immigrants were rapists and bringing crime, and after spending several years spreading a racist conspiracy theory that a black President wasn't fully American, and who defended white supremacists in Charlottesville, Virginia, as good people. Bring on the nun with the spanking implement I say.
    Hmm.

Your Frankenstein-like marriage of Trump, Covington teenagers, and white supremacists at Charlotesville seems to be to be well. Complete ing contrived with absolutely no efficacy whatsoever.

HannibalExMachina's Avatar Just a sausage

sure, all unrelated. except using the trump MAGA slogan, and his tacit approval of the "good people" on the neo-nazi side. oh, and attacks on the press. and death of children at the border with the rapist drug dealer nation.

at this point, i am surprised even you believe your own denial.

So MAGA = KKK.

What a pathetic argument.

That's right Ponti, you slay that straw man!
    They give birth astride of a grave, the light gleams an instant, then it's night once more.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Hmm.

Your Frankenstein-like marriage of Trump, Covington teenagers, and white supremacists at Charlotesville seems to be to be well. Complete ing contrived with absolutely no efficacy whatsoever.
    It's those hats. Without those hats those lads would be just regular boys. Clothes maketh the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    So MAGA = KKK..
    I thought that for Trump believers, the KKK and their like are supposed to be good guys, the MAGA man himself decreed it so after Heather Heyer was murdered.
    Last edited by mongrel; January 27, 2019 at 05:57 AM.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    It's those hats. Without those hats those lads would be just regular boys. Clothes maketh the man.

I thought that for Trump believers, the KKK and their like are supposed to be good guys, the MAGA man himself decreed it so after Heather Heyer was murdered.
    Laughably stupid. 50% of the country does not support the KKK. Look at the KKK's membership if you doubt me. 99.999% of Conservatives have no interest in the KKK at all.

Stop changing the subject. Admit that the mewling SJW safe-space-seeking idiots on the left equate the Trump hats with KKK hoods. Admit that this hyperbolic is nothing more than hyperbolic . I can provide you with news stories where they already admit to it. Your issue here is that of course such a comparison is moronic, so you have to change the subject in order to avoid it.

You always glory over the death of the one leftist activist as proof that your moral superiority is established. You discount antifa violence, abortion, attempted political assassinations against conservatives, and everything else because some radical moron on the right who should rightfully spend the rest of his life in prison ran someone over with his car. This is your big moral victory which justifies every idiot leftist position. Pathetic.

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Whenever I do nothing wrong, I always hire a PR firm.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

As to hiring a PR firm when you’ve done nothing wrong, he needs to clear his and his schools’s name, that’s why he got a PR firm. Not sure if they’re working pro bono though.

Posts about the relationship between hate-speech and hate-crime were moved into a separate thread in the Academy. ~Abdülmecid I
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; January 29, 2019 at 08:32 AM. Reason: Clarification added.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Elephant in the room, am I not the only one thinking that fitting activities for school kids should be the usual things like sports, drama, music, perhaps a debating society.Is it fitting for schoolkids to be indulging in partisan politics? Soon it won't be just hats, it will be boiler suits.

Kids can take interest in politics, what's so wrong with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Hammer View Post
    Kids can take interest in politics, what's so wrong with that?
    That's honestly like saying kids that there's nothing wrong with kids taking interest in sex and hard liquor.

Kids are easy to manipulate, and politics are mostly about manipulation.

Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    That's honestly like saying kids that there's nothing wrong with kids taking interest in sex and hard liquor.

Kids are easy to manipulate, and politics are mostly about manipulation.
    Its very good if kids get information about sex hard liquor and politics. The people selling all those things are often scumbags and kids need to know who they will encounter in that world.

I have no problem with teens wearing hats. I love it when the youngsters in my family go on a march or protest, they need to explore their adult responsibilities. They'll make mistakes, get manipulated but you can't nanny them or they will be weak.

These kids have found out some interesting stuff. Generally issues like "native Rights" and "civil rights for black people and Jews" are the subject of positive change, but not every native american black person or Jew is automatically nice just because they are loosely associated with the issue.

The boys comported themselves with some dignity, and have become pawns, first of demonising idiots on social media and now as a rod for another political faction to whip the social media idiots.

Be good to give these boys some space now, they can learn from this. I'd hate to see them become shibboleths of some faction or other, trotted pout at rallies or vilified and hunted so their every last action becomes a political battle ground.

Already spoken about the idiot racist heckler who tried to stir up trouble. Is the drummer doing something bad? My first instinct is yes, its an adult trying to force a confrontation with kids. OTOH, maybe drumming up to them invites dialogue? Not sure, I still feel its more of a threat than a dialogue.
    Jatte lambastes Calico Rat