Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Thread: Lying Liberal Media, episode 1: the kid with the MAGA hat and the native American

Default Re: Lying Liberal Media, episode 1: the kid with the MAGA hat and the native American

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel View Post
    misguided black people are daft enough to vote for Trump too.
    What a disgustingly racist comment.
    Whether the man is or not, and there no evidence of him being involved in a plot ( we know what the police position is on that, it doesn't change the default perception of people wearing MAGA hats, does it? Indeed where is the evidence these people were Trump supporters or MAGa hat wearers? Buggerall so far,so presumably this obsession to work on a hoax theory is to ensure people are looking at the dead cat, not the living that is Trump.
    Can't you see how stupid this is? You push a fake narrative to breed rabid hatred and outrage in order for people to perceive MAGA hat wearers as perpetrators of hate crimes, and when the underlying narrative collapses under the weight of its own mendacity, you refuse to retreat from the conclusion you've come to? Wow.
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; Yesterday at 01:39 PM. Reason: Intentionally disruptive sentence deleted.
    Roads go ever ever on,
    Over rock and under tree,
    By caves where never sun has shone,
    By streams that never find the sea

Default Re: Lying Liberal Media, episode 1: the kid with the MAGA hat and the native American

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    What a disgustingly racist comment. Can't you see how stupid this is? You push a fake narrative to breed rabid hatred and outrage in order for people to perceive MAGA hat wearers as perpetrators of hate crimes, and when the underlying narrative collapses under the weight of its own mendacity, you refuse to retreat from the conclusion you've come to? Wow.

How is referring directly to a police statement and a studio press release a 'fake narrative'? When I say 'where is the evidence these people were Trump supporters or MAGA hat wearers? ' how is that going to 'to breed rabid hatred and outrage in order for people to perceive MAGA hat wearers as perpetrators of hate crimes'. I must insist that you read posts before responding to them. Or was your intend to give a proper answer , given the reason for compulsory editing? What have you got on your head right now?

Can't see why it is racist to suggest that it is daft for a black person to vote for someone who if not a white supremacist himself, is sure as hell sympatetic with them.

Quote Originally Posted by B. W. View Post
    This comment, from this thread proves my point:
    How does this prove what point? My entirely reasonable argument is that many Americans are prejudiced against MAGAs because they are perceived to be s. Charlottesville featured fascist and neo-Confederate symbology rather than Trump's tatty merch,although I can imagine why the conflation between the two, seeing that Trump called them 'good people'.
    Last edited by mongrel; Yesterday at 07:53 PM.
    Absolutley Barking, Mudpit Mutt Former Patron: Garbarsardar

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

I apologize for the level of editing of my posts, I have a bad habit of writing down my response only to realize later that I've left out a good bit of what I was actually thinking, it's an issue of me being stupid and assuming my point will come across exactly as I had it in my head only to realize upon re-reading it that I've omitted key facets. I assure you it's not meant as some sort of retroactive "gotcha"

How is referring directly to a police statement and a studio press release a 'fake narrative'? When I say 'where is the evidence these people were Trump supporters or MAGA hat wearers? ' how is that going to 'to breed rabid hatred and outrage in order for people to perceive MAGA hat wearers as perpetrators of hate crimes'. I must insist that you ead posts before responding to them. Or was your intend to give a proper answer , given the reason for compulsory editing? What have you got on your head right now?
    Because none of these facts were true in the end. It was a fake narrative the entire time. All these facts were from the mouth of Jussie Smollett, none of which have borne fruit. Your uncritical tendencies to believe the worst possible things about your political opposites regardless of evidence existing to back them up is really disturbing.

Where's your evidence? Why should anybody reasonably consider MAGA hat wearers to be perpetrators of hate crimes? Why should anyone be nervous, hostile, or defensive to someone wearing a MAGA hat? Where is the evidence hate crimes, violence, and anything else related to that is widely known to occur at the hands of MAGA hat wearers?

The left is on a crusade to equate a MAGA hat with a KKK hood. It is pathetic.

Can't see why it is racist to suggest that it is daft for a black person to vote for someone
    Maybe you'd feel better if you could command who black people should vote for? Do you feel as if you understand their best interests better than them? Oh the soft racism of low expectations. This is why black conservatives are using terms like "leaving the plantation" - this time it is just an intellectual plantation.

who if not a white supremacist himself, is sure as hell sympatetic with them.
    There's little to no evidence of this at all.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; Yesterday at 06:22 PM.
    Roads go ever ever on,

Civis

Demand for hate crimes is very high but supply is very low. This is why the left is creating so many hoaxes.

At what point does the media learn to stop covering things before doing a little journalism? They're so eager to demonize white people that they keep pushing literal fake news and destroying their own credibility. This is a genuine crisis in the western world. The media has completely lost all credibility.
    Last edited by I_Damian; Yesterday at 06:25 PM.

It does seem as if he is in some trouble now, which is good.
    Roads go ever ever on,

Civis

It does seem as if he is in some trouble now, which is good.
    If he created this hoax (I say if because it's not 100% proven he did yet) then he needs to go to jail for a long time. It was an attempt to create racial hatred against white people. It was a genuine hate crime.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Damian View Post
    If he created this hoax (I say if because it's not 100% proven he did yet) then he needs to go to jail for a long time. It was an attempt to create racial hatred against white people. It was a genuine hate crime.
    I'm not willing to believe that he had that motive in mind, we don't exist inside his mind. If I was to guess at his motive, it would be for attention. He's a C list celebrity and while everything I'm saying here is speculative: he isn't a political actor, he exists in that hollywood liberal environment. If I had to guess he did what he did to advance his career, not a political agenda. Of course one of the effects of his actions was to deepen divides in this country. Luckily I live in the south and I'm well aware these racial divides exist mainly on a media level. Half the population of my city is minority and we all get along just fine. The whole racial divide is, for many Americans, the epitome of fake news. There's really not nearly as much racial divide in this country as we're expected to believe. Though you're very right in pointing out we can't be 100% sure it is fake yet. I'm 99% sure it is fake though but hey, anything is possible. If Jussie is making a credible claim his attackers should be brought up on charges. If Jussie is lying he should be brought up on charges. The amount of police resources he has wasted already is...staggering.
    Roads go ever ever on,

Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

The sources told CNN that there are records that show the two brothers purchased the rope found around Smollett's neck at an Ace Hardware store in Chicago.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...ack/index.html

In a twist of irony, Smollett has hired the same attorney as former Trump lawyer Michael Cohen. Though his rep denies it, even though the lawyer confirmed it.

Looks like the noose is tightening around this fake hate crime (ba-tum-tsss)

Because none of these facts were true in the end. It was a fake narrative the entire time. All these facts were from the mouth of Jussie Smollett, none of which have borne fruit. Your uncritical tendencies to believe the worst possible things about your political opposites regardless of evidence existing to back them up is really disturbing.
    What did I tell you about reading my posts? It doesn't matter if this perception is well-founded. It just exists. Question is what do Trump supporters want to do about it rather than jump up and down an alienate people, as you seem to be trying so hard to do right now.
    Where's your evidence? Why should anybody reasonably consider MAGA hat wearers to be perpetrators of hate crimes? Why should anyone be nervous, hostile, or defensive to someone wearing a MAGA hat? Where is the evidence hate crimes, violence, and anything else related to that is widely known to occur at the hands of MAGA hat wearers? The left is on a crusade to equate a MAGA hat with a KKK hood. It is pathetic.
    What did I just say? Quite literally one post above yours I wrote ''where is the evidence these people were Trump supporters or MAGA hat wearers? ' 'Charlottesville featured fascist and neo-Confederate symbology rather than Trump's tatty merch,'
    Maybe you'd feel better if you could command who black people should vote for? Do you feel as if you understand their best interests better than them? Oh the soft racism of low expectations. This is why black conservatives are using terms like "leaving the plantation" - this time it is just an intellectual plantation.
    People of any race are free to make stupid voting choices. For example black UKIP supporters, old people of any race, voting for Theresa May, the people of Sunderland voting Brexit.
    There's little to no evidence of this at all.
    So who were the good people he referred to @ Charlelotsville? The Federal lawsuit regarding race discrimination, Birthergate, insisting for years that a group of innocent black/latin kids must be convicted for a crime , even though the actual rapist was already caught was linked to the case through DNA and confessed. And the stuff about Mexicans and Africans. Have I missed anything out?
    Last edited by Abdülmecid I; Today at 06:37 AM. Reason: Irrelevant part deleted.

"Out of the crooked tree of humanity,no straight thing can be made." Immanuel Kant
    "Oh Yeah? What about a cricket bat? That's pretty straight. Just off the top of my head..." Al Murray, Pub Landlord.

Alright so your response boils down to "REEEE CHASLOTESVILLE!!11!1!1" Remember when a rabid leftists shot and nearly fatally wounded a Republican Congressman? But maybe this is too harsh. Can you name even one other occasion? Maybe we can dialogue over that.

Well I tried to engage rationally. Your racist notions that any minority group that doesn't support your political position is "making stupid choices" or "daft" is noted. I will mention that I would never in a million years construe or describe any racial or minority group as "making stupid choices" or "daft" for not supporting my political position. This is quite frankly a shocking position for you to take.

Does this man strike you as the sort of "daft" person of color "making stupid choices" as you describe? If so, why do you value his political opinion solely on the color of his skin? As for your arguments, I find your lack of sources disturbing.

If I was a Russian bot I can assure you I'd be way more knowledgeable about Russian pastries and how to acquire them cheaply and easily. Now if you're quite done with personal attacks, what about my arguments?
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; Yesterday at 09:01 PM.
    Roads go ever ever on,

Well I tried to engage rationally.
    Clearly you have not .You can't even follow the big red letters, which has set out my position on MAGA hats and alleged violence at Charlotteville clearly enough for a five year old to follow. What part of 'where is the evidence' and 'Charlottesville featured fascist and neo-Confederate symbology rather than Trump's tatty merch' do you have difficulty with? I know that the official language of the US is English, so there is no excuse for such an ignorant response.

Your racist notions that any minority group that doesn't support your political position is "making stupid choices" or "daft" is noted. I will mention that I would never in a million years construe or describe any racial or minority group as "making stupid choices" or "daft" for not supporting my political position. This is quite frankly a shocking position for you to take.
    Why is it shocking to presume that supporting the orange man-child is a poor choice (unless very very rich) and is a particularly poor choiced for those groups, which we know from his conduct he does not give a damn about? And it is not about you, it's about Putin's man in the White House.

If I was a Russian bot I can assure you I'd be way more knowledgeable about Russian pastries and how to acquire them cheaply and easily. Now if you're quite done with personal attacks, what about my arguments?
    That's my point, you have no arguments your ranting is so off whack , it really is hard to beleive it's the result of a person engaging in what is being said.

Civis

I'm not willing to believe that he had that motive in mind, we don't exist inside his mind. If I was to guess at his motive, it would be for attention.
    He may have done it for attention... but he chose to get that attention by pretending he was attacked by two white men because he knew the media would whip up a hate frenzy (like they did with the Covington kids) and, in the current climate of America, white people may have been targeted for attack or perhaps even killed in revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by mongrel
    A bunch of inane crap
    "I was wrong and I feel silly, so here's a bunch of whataboutism to try to make you forget how wrong I was" lol.

Quote Originally Posted by I_Damian View Post
    Demand for hate crimes is very high but supply is very low. This is why the left is creating so many hoaxes.

At what point does the media learn to stop covering things before doing a little journalism? They're so eager to demonize white people that they keep pushing literal fake news and destroying their own credibility. This is a genuine crisis in the western world. The media has completely lost all credibility.
    Being victim of a "hate crime" isn't just in demand by corporate-owned legacy media and its elitist owners, it is also extremely profitable for all sides involved. I'm glad it backfired horribly. I hope this guy gets charged with making a false report since he literally took police time and effort, while there may have been someone who was a victim of a real crime and needed real help.

Clearly you have not .You can't even follow the big red letters, which has set out my position on MAGA hats and alleged violence at Charlotteville clearly enough for a five year old to follow. What part of 'where is the evidence' and 'Charlottesville featured fascist and neo-Confederate symbology rather than Trump's tatty merch' do you have difficulty with? I know that the official language of the US is English, so there is no excuse for such an ignorant response.

Why is it shocking to presume that supporting the orange man-child is a poor choice (unless very very rich) and is a particularly poor choiced for those groups, which we know from his conduct he does not give a damn about? And it is not about you, it's about Putin's man in the White House.

That's my point, you have no arguments your ranting is so off whack , it really is hard to beleive it's the result of a person engaging in what is being said.
    Your post is so incoherent and dripping with vitriol I can't even discern arguments in it. Are you here to rant and rave or engage in an actual discussion? You cited CHarlotesville as evidence of MAGA hat impressions. So let's follow this to it's logical conclusion.

In 2011 after the Stanley Cup final, a riot ensued in which four people were stabbed, 140 people were injured, and over a hundred arrests occurred. This is to say nothing of property damage, etc. The fans of these teams still come to games, and theoretically are capable of exploding in violence in similar circumstances. In fact, hockey fans seem particularly prone to violent riots following games, we have several examples even since 2011 where violent riots occur with injuries, deaths, lots of property damage etc. Given these established facts, should you be more concerned about someone wearing a MAGA hat or a Vancouver Canucks hat given their relative propensity for violence? What's the difference?
    Roads go ever ever on,

Civis

Your post is so incoherent and dripping with vitriol I can't even discern arguments in it. Are you here to rant and rave or engage in an actual discussion? You cited CHarlotesville as evidence of MAGA hat impressions. So let's follow this to it's logical conclusion.

In 2011 after the Stanley Cup final, a riot ensued in which four people were stabbed, 140 people were injured, and over a hundred arrests occurred. This is to say nothing of property damage, etc. The fans of these teams still come to games, and theoretically are capable of exploding in violence in similar circumstances. In fact, hockey fans seem particularly prone to violent riots following games, we have several examples even since 2011 where violent riots occur with injuries, deaths, lots of property damage etc. Given these established facts, should you be more concerned about someone wearing a MAGA hat or a Vancouver Canucks hat given their relative propensity for violence? What's the difference?
    No no, you don't understand. You're only supposed to make sweeping generalizations and recognize patterns of "violent" behaviour in groups he disagrees with politically. Some examples:

Mass rape of white children by Muslims in the UK and other European nations = nothing to do with Islam.

Man wearing MAGA hat pushes a reporter = all MAGA hat wearers are literally Hitler.

Get it now?

Both generalizations make me cringe tho.
    Roads go ever ever on,

That's because you are trying to be objective, but "progressive" left does not.

Civis

Both generalizations make me cringe tho.
    Are you saying you like to take an objective look at things and try to avoid acting on emotions?

Hmm.

It's possible you have some kind of disease of the mind.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12