Thread: Merchant resources

Default Merchant resources

Anyone know if there is a good list that says what the merchant resources do? For example, timber. I thought I read somewhere that you could get a building by having a merchant on it or camels that says it allows you to recruit camel units which I've yet to see recruitable in Ireland which is where the particular node is. Another would be the dog resource or wool. I'm sure they're are others which is why I'm curious what they do and if there is a list.

Default Re: Merchant resources

That must be from some other mod or sub-mod. SS resources just generate money; the amount depending on which faction you are and skill of merchant.

Pretty sure it's from a mod that was rolled in with SS (camel recruitment in Ireland would be...weird). There's also a couple tobacco nodes to be found as well (they appear as a white conical pile), so this, camels (what should be honeycomb), and dogs (what should be fruit) are most likely artifacts that were just overlooked or not fixed.

Cant get enough of those Irish camels....

Nah, but, stake out west Africa for those gold/silver mines (in addition to cornering your own Irish Silver).
    Honest and truly, I AM Robin Hood!

You know what is fun?
    Be England, and make Scotland your vassal....

Then conquer all of Africa and gift it to the Scots.....
    Just keep the tribute coming in man... I don't have time to micromanage

Virian's Avatar Civis

Then the scots rebel against your rule and you lose most of your revenue, a vassal and now have a very wealthy enemy.

Mmm, I don't know. I usually am pretty successful keeping my vassals loyal.
    It can be a pain, cause you constantly have to keep an eye on them. And you have to watch who else they are friendly with and navigate the politics.

But, I managed to keep both Scotland and Spain (who I had gifted all of Iberia) loyal for a whole game once.
    Granted, I had them both totally boxed in (Scots in Scotland and I surrounded Spain by owning all of N.Africa and France).