Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: American Psychological Association declares war on ''traditional masculinity''

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: American Psychological Association declares war on ''traditional masculinity''

Could also be overambitious parents, stress in school with other kids or in job with colleagues, medical depressions, borderline...

But op is talking about unjustified war against "traditional masculinity", i want to show the dark sides of those "traditional masculinity" understanding.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Default Re: American Psychological Association declares war on ''traditional masculinity''

I feel this thread has already run its course, as i can see still no arguments, why there is a secret war of APA against masculinity, only against criminal toxic behavior.

We could always drop all pretenses and acknowledge that the APA has gone woke and therefore (intellectually) broke in a feeble attempt to score political/culture war points. A fair compromise to me...

Reopened. Please behave respectfully or otherwise the thread will be closed permanently.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Quote Originally Posted by Harley_Quinn View Post
    Could also be overambitious parents, stress in school with other kids or in job with colleagues, medical depressions, borderline...

But op is talking about unjustified war against "traditional masculinity", i want to show the dark sides of those "traditional masculinity" understanding.
    There is no dark side to masculinity. In fact it is the only reason you and me can communicate freely instead of living in a cave starving and dying of cold.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    We could always drop all pretenses and acknowledge that the APA has gone woke and therefore (intellectually) broke in a feeble attempt to score political/culture war points. A fair compromise to me...
    We would have to acknowledge that this would take a study on the APA itself for it to be at all realistic. That is, unless you only want to rant. Do you trust a psychological study? Or do you just want to rant?
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    There is no dark side to masculinity. In fact it is the only reason you and me can communicate freely instead of living in a cave starving and dying of cold.
    The Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis had more muscles and was stronger than the Homo Sapiens Sapiens, therefore certainly more "traditional masculine". Still he died out because he could less adopt than the latter. Are you really sure playing the caveman card is good?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidin View Post
    We would have to acknowledge that this would take a study on the APA itself for it to be at all realistic. That is, unless you only want to rant. Do you trust a psychological study? Or do you just want to rant?
    So the self policing police are self policed correctly in your opinion and no non self policing police can effectively comment on the self policing of the police? That is a very interesting argument, especially since the self-policed police stand at odds with things like basic observations and the entirety of western civilization's history. Yours is a bold argument. I would use other arguments here but the ToS informs me that describing it as bold is my safest recourse. (your argument is laughably pathetic)

The Homo Sapiens Neanderthalensis had more muscles and was stronger than the Homo Sapiens Sapiens, therefore certainly more "traditional masculine". Still he died out because he could less adopt than the latter. Are you really sure playing the caveman card is good?
    Homo sapiens prevailed because he was more adaptive and was a better hunter. Both masculine traits.
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Sadly I no longer trust the APA since it labeled masculinity as a disorder but has since described people with gender dysphoria as normal people who suffer from no impediment. Masculinity is a disorder but gender dysphoria is ok....I'm not sure about your gotcha point here. Clearly you think my masculinity is a psychological disorder unless I wanted to transition my gender from male to female at which point you'd praise me. See here's my theory, since I am actually a faggot. This gender fluidity nonsense is an immature response to homsexuality which lends itself to transgenderism delusion. I posit that a majority of "trans" people are actually homosexuals who over the course of trans brainwashing determine that it would be better and more effectual if they undergo changes in their lives to "pass" as straight men or women. Don't believe me? I can go further, but my arguments get raunchier.

So lawyers shouldn't police themselves?

Just askin' for a friend.
    Is this a joke? Go to your local low jurisdiction court and view some dispossessory actions or debt actions, you will soon understand how attorneys interact. Failing that, actually do some research about bar associations. You obviously have no experience with the law that affects a large number of people in your local state court. Your point here is obviously stupid because you claim to have some sort of legal expertise where you clearly don't, but you also refuse to educate yourself. I know the those who oppose my views on this website have seized upon my profession as a means to attack me and discredit me. So far they have only succeeded in leveling unsubstantiated claims. It might make you feel warm and fuzzy to spout your stupid little arguments but they remain stupid little arguments.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; January 26, 2019 at 09:06 PM.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

Failing that, actually do some research about bar associations
    You mean like where the accreditation rules they put in place produce lawyers unfit for the bar exam or to practice?

Sadly I no longer trust the APA since it labeled masculinity as a disorder
    I see nothing to suggest that it did so just pointed out some traditional male expectations can be problematic in certain situations. The suicide rate alone seem like a fair question as to if the profession is sufficiently noticing male issues.
    Last edited by conon394; January 27, 2019 at 10:10 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by conon394 View Post
    You mean like where the accreditation rules they put in place produce lawyers unfit for the bar exam or to practice?
    I'd be shocked if you were conversant at all with accreditation standards and the rules of professional conduct, though this is all beside the point.

I see nothing to suggest that it did so just pointed out some traditional male expectations can be problematic in certain situations. The suicide rate alone seem like a fair question as to if the profession is sufficiently noticing male issues.
    I'm sure you don't.

conon394's Avatar hoi polloi
    Colfax WA, neat I have a barn and 49 acres - I have 2 horses, 15 chickens - but no more pigs

I'm sure you don't.
    So you see nothing that Psychologists should try to focus when there are wild differences in Suicide and Murder rates based on gender?

Sadly I no longer trust the APA since it labeled masculinity as a disorder
    Did where? I so such indication.
    Last edited by conon394; January 28, 2019 at 07:06 AM.
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites

'One day when I fly with my hands - up down the sky, like a bird'

But if the cause be not good, the king himself hath a heavy reckoning to make, when all those legs and arms and heads, chopped off in battle, shall join together at the latter day and cry all 'We died at such a place; some swearing, some crying for surgeon, some upon their wives left poor behind them, some upon the debts they owe, some upon their children rawly left.

Hyperides of Athens: We know, replied he, that Antipater is good, but we (the Demos of Athens) have no need of a master at present, even a good one.

Mr. Molest President has quietly changed the definition of domestic violence...

Donald Trump’s decision to change definitions of domestic violence and sexual assault has rolled back women’s rights by half a century, campaigners have warned.

The Trump administration quietly changed the definition of both domestic violence and sexual assault back in April but the move has only just surfaced.

The change could have significant repercussions for millions of victims of gender-based violence.
    The Trump Justice Department’s definition only considers physical harm that constitutes a felony or misdemeanour to be domestic violence – meaning other forms of domestic violence such as psychological abuse, coercive control and manipulation no longer fall under the department’s definition.

The Office on Violence against Women (OVW), part of the Department of Justice, has amended its definition of sexual assault to also focus on criminal justice aspects.

Holly Taylor-Dunn, a senior lecturer at the University of Worcester who has been working in the field of domestic and sexual violence for 17 years, said she was shocked by the move.

The academic, who has worked in frontline roles in the domestic violence sector and used to be a domestic abuse officer for the police, argued the Trump administration’s decision turned the clock back 50 years.

“I was massively surprised and really shocked," she said. "It is quite scary how quietly it has happened. It is a massive step backwards. We have literally gone back to the 70s. We have worked so hard since the 60s and 70s to get domestic abuse and sexual violence understood as being about more than physical violence. Changing the definition to take it back to being about physical harm completely undermines what domestic abuse is about”.

Narrowing the definition will stop victims being able to access the services they need. Prosecutions for domestic and sexual violence will also fall because they are limiting it to the most severe forms of abuse so fewer victims are likely to come forward and seek help.

Some 43.5 million women have experienced “psychological aggression” from an intimate partner in the US, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. More than half of women murdered each year in the US are killed by an intimate partner.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a8744546.html

Yep definitely everything fine with "traditional masculinity" of Trump voters...

You seem to be no real man, if you can't say your wife everyday, that she is worthless, if you had an bad day in bureau...

Gilead coming.

I think it is a fair change. You cannot prove innocence nor guild in court and the side committing 90% of the coercive control and psychological abuse, women, never got convicted of anything, whereas the men were guilty by default.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I'd be shocked if you were conversant at all with accreditation standards and the rules of professional conduct, though this is all beside the point.
    So you are cool with self policing. I’ll let my fellow engineers know ponti won’t come after either us or the APA.
    Last edited by alhoon; January 30, 2019 at 12:56 PM. Reason: off topic personal reference removed
    One thing is for certain: the more profoundly baffled you have been in your life, the more open your mind becomes to new ideas.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Let's think the unthinkable, let's do the undoable. Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all.

Donald Trump’s decision to change definitions of domestic violence and sexual assault has rolled back women’s rights by half a century, campaigners have warned.
    So...women can't vote now and have only half wages for same work as men?

I'd argue that this change affects men more than women. Men are more prone to physical abuse while women tend to use psychological tools of abuse more often.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

What I’m more amused by is the APA labelling stoicism as ‘harmfull’.

Stoicism is a great self-help tool for someone to help understand and deal with their emotions going through life. They are using the feminist definition of stoicism, that is, repressing your emotions and hiding them, which isn’t remotely anything like stoicism. Stoicism allows you to sit on your own, and understand that which you have no control over is not worth being upset about, and that which you do have control over, you can take steps to change yourself. It’s very empowering that way.

Now, why would an association of psychologists and mental health therapists who profit from mentally unstable individuals seek to demonize a philosophy incredibly useful as a self-help tool? You tell me.

soaring male suicide rates have more to do with a lack of ‘expectations’ or ‘purpose’ for men, not too much of it.
    Last edited by Aexodus; January 28, 2019 at 04:49 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

As many stoicists died through suicide this philosophy is extreme useless in conserving mental stability.

I’m willing to bet it’s why they arrive at conclusions through some form of counseling and diagnosis and aren’t just saying EVERYONE X IS Y. If it were that simple an associates wouldn’t be necessary nevermind the studying they typically do, whether ponti goes Scientology or not.
    Last edited by Gaidin; January 28, 2019 at 05:40 PM.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast