Thread: Help with crashing.

Default Help with crashing.

So the day before yesterday i installed DME for the first time. I played it, it was great. Saved the game to come back to it later. That later was today. Now the program opens, but when i try to load up that saved game, start a new one, or even a quick battle the thing crashes.

I uninstalled the whole game and reinstalled. Verified the game files with steam an all that BS. Below is that DME log text file. It is probably something simple, i have never done this mod thing before, it is new ground to me.

DME 3.X log - 18/01/2019
    --------------------------
    Info:
    Registered owner: Scott, Is admin? True, Has limited token? False
    OS: x 64 - Proffesional, Version: 6, Build Number: 9200
    Memory: Total: 32581 Available: 28374
    Display: 1920 x 1080 - 32 bit
    Mod Installation Path:
    DME path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME
    Steam Status: On
    Current non vanilla files in data folder:

Actions:
    * 10:44:42 -> Mod started
    * <- --- ->
    DME mod is closing.

* 10:44:50 -> DME launcher closed.

End of log report.

Default Re: Help with crashing.

After watching some content on youtube, I was hooked by this mod and spend some time yesterday to get it running.

I am not sure why your game worked in the first place, but I had the same problems as you from the beginning.

Make sure you have a working Vanilla setup via reinstallation. Then disable all the DLCs that you have installed with the game. Even if you never bought anything, Steam gifted every owner of Empire: Total War the Definitive Edition of the game some time in 2015, which includes some DLCs (maybe all of them), so there are DLCs installed, even if youre not aware of it. You can do this via the properties menu of the library entry of the game. After that, install DarthMod like described in the guides. After that , I had my game running.

Leonardo's Avatar Reborn Old Timer

Quote Originally Posted by WolfesOwn47th View Post
    Mod Installation Path:
    DME path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Empire Total War\data\DME
    Steam Status: On
    Any Steam game that can be installed outside of the UAC-protected Windows folder, should be installed outside of the UAC-protected folder, because it's a known issue that games with mods can sometimes stop working.

The C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\ folder for Steam is the default installation path and it's highly recommended to install Steam outside of the UAC-protected folder, just to avoid issues and your issue is likely caused by UAC.

Another reason that could cause your issue is about what DLC you have for ETW. Do you have all DLC or do you only have some DLC?

I suggest that you scrap everything and reinstall, Steam if you can (only have ETW installed), ETW outside of UAC, I know that can be done as I've done it myself, and launch ETW without mods just to see it's working.

After that install DME and follow the instruction. Also, don't forget to install the DME 8.01 patch before launching DME.
    Under patronage of General Brewster of the Imperial House of Hader.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Laghorn View Post
    After watching some content on youtube, I was hooked by this mod and spend some time yesterday to get it running.

I am not sure why your game worked in the first place, but I had the same problems as you from the beginning.

Make sure you have a working Vanilla setup via reinstallation. Then disable all the DLCs that you have installed with the game. Even if you never bought anything, Steam gifted every owner of Empire: Total War the Definitive Edition of the game some time in 2015, which includes some DLCs (maybe all of them), so there are DLCs installed, even if youre not aware of it. You can do this via the properties menu of the library entry of the game. After that, install DarthMod like described in the guides. After that , I had my game running.
    So its just a matter of unchecking the DLC content in the Steam library then reinstalling?

Quote Originally Posted by ZekeMan View Post
    So its just a matter of unchecking the DLC content in the Steam library then reinstalling?
    I don't think you can't uncheck the DLC in Steam. Besides, anyone who already bought ETW may already have all DLC installed as soon one got the original ETW updated to the ETW - Definitive Edition.

How to make Morrowind less buggy for new players - Of course every player may find it useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    I don't think you can't uncheck the DLC in Steam. Besides, anyone who already bought ETW may already have all DLC installed as soon one got the original ETW updated to the ETW - Definitive Edition.
    Then how can you delete DLC?

You don't, because you can't do that I think. Unless you uninstall the game that is.

You don't, because you can't do that I think. Unless you uninstall the game that is.
    But if you uninstall and reinstall, the DLC will just be part of the install files because of being the Definitive Edition then, wouldn't they? You'd be back to where you started.

Quote Originally Posted by Laghorn View Post

How did you disable these DLCs?

Quote Originally Posted by ZekeMan View Post
    How did you disable these DLCs?
    Your previous post answered the post I quoted. I can't disable the DLC nor can you.

Your previous post answered the post I quoted. I can't disable the DLC nor can you.
    The question was actually directed to Laghorn...just wondering if unchecking the DLCs was all he did.