Thread: Using Forts models from one mod to another

Icon9 Using Forts models from one mod to another

Hi guys!
    I have a problem. I want to make available buildable temporary forts on campaign in EBII. However, EBII doesn't have accurate Forts for the time period of the game, they use vanilla models. Because of that, I decided to use some of the De Bello Mundi Forts. I copied the CAS files and put them in the right places (one example: data/models_strat/residences/ebstrat_mesoamerican_fort.CAS) and after I went to see the files related to the settlements in cultures. It seems that in DBM data files, many cultures don't have the worldpkgdesc in their fort files, so I didn't really knew where were some of the Forts models. Despite that, I managed to find out two of the models and after reading one of leoni tutorial I did managed to "give" the models to the cultures using IWTE. However, when I start a custom fort battle, the forts appear like they are merged with the Vanilla and there is a lot of lag.

What I need is to figure out what I'm doing wrong with these two models and find out where is the third model that I want to use (I think I know the files of the model but I don't know where is the worldpkgdesc of the model). After that, I would also need to change the symbols in the tents of one vanilla model (the vanilla model can be used but the symbols need to be removed because they are French).

Can someone help me? I have the files in case you want to see it for yourself...

Thanks

Default Re: Using Forts models from one mod to another

I have the forts models in game my only problem is with the terrain and some forts mixing with the previous fort terrain. What files do I need to change/fix to solve this issue?

Some images of the current problem: https://imgur.com/a/2rRlZ2j

The .worldterrain .worldvegetation .worldpathfinding & .animinstances files are all called from within the .world file - you're probably missing or referring to the wrong .worldterrain at least... while you're at it check you've got the paths correct to the other files too!

Read your 3 binary files in IWTE for the fort - on 'worldFiles' tab click 'update referenced paths' - you need to make sure you copied those from those locations in DBM and then either put them in exactly the same place in your mod (so the .world file finds them) - OR change those paths to where you want to put them in your mod, click OK, save 3 Binary files & rename the new .world file to replace the existing one.

You'll find a similar issue with the .worldterrain file calling the masks and textures for that one use 'Terrain1' > 'Amend WT Mask TGA paths, similar to the above process.

Quote Originally Posted by makanyane View Post
    The .worldterrain .worldvegetation .worldpathfinding & .animinstances files are all called from within the .world file - you're probably missing or referring to the wrong .worldterrain at least... while you're at it check you've got the paths correct to the other files too!

Read your 3 binary files in IWTE for the fort - on 'worldFiles' tab click 'update referenced paths' - you need to make sure you copied those from those locations in DBM and then either put them in exactly the same place in your mod (so the .world file finds them) - OR change those paths to where you want to put them in your mod, click OK, save 3 Binary files & rename the new .world file to replace the existing one.

You'll find a similar issue with the .worldterrain file calling the masks and textures for that one use 'Terrain1' > 'Amend WT Mask TGA paths, similar to the above process.
    Thanks for answering my question makanyane!

I manage to do the first part, however I can't do the second "Amend WT Mask TGA paths" because all the paths that appear are not the paths I want and I can't add new ones?

you should be able to change the paths - double click on the line you want to edit - edit all the paths you want to change - click OK and it should save you an amended .worldterrain file with the save name you gave it...

If that's not working please describe the problem or error message you're getting