View Poll Results: Who should play Cleo's dad Ptolemy XII Auletes?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Stamos

1 8.33%
  • Zach Galifianakis

5 41.67%
  • Some other Greek

2 16.67%
  • Other (please explain below)

4 33.33%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Upcoming Cleopatra film, who should play her dad: Zach Galifianakis or John Stamos?

irontaino's Avatar Protector Domesticus
    Citizen

Default Re: Upcoming Cleopatra film, who should play her dad: Zach Galifianakis or John Stamos?

I almost read this as "who should play her" instead of "who should play her dad"...I mean, I'd still watch Zach Galifianakis play Cleopatra.
    Fact:Apples taste good, and you can throw them at people if you're being attacked
    Under the patronage of big daddy Elfdude

A.B.A.P.

Morticia Iunia Bruti's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Upcoming Cleopatra film, who should play her dad: Zach Galifianakis or John Stamos?

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    I almost read this as "who should play her" instead of "who should play her dad"...I mean, I'd still watch Zach Galifianakis play Cleopatra.
    This would definitely cause immediately an international affair.
    Cause tomorrow is a brand-new day
    And tomorrow you'll be on your way
    Don't give a damn about what other people say
    Because tomorrow is a brand-new day

Quote Originally Posted by irontaino View Post
    Hahahaha, same thing happened to me and I thought RV was being sarcastic. After all, how can we be sure Cleopatra was not a homosexual, transgender biological male?
    So why not have Stamos play Cleopatra and Galyfianakis her dad?
    "Blessed is he who learns how to engage in inquiry, with no impulse to hurt his countrymen or to pursue wrongful actions, but perceives the order of the immortal and ageless nature, how it is structured."
    Euripides

"This is the disease of curiosity. It is this which drives to try and discover the secrets of nature, those secrets which are beyond our understanding, which avails us nothing and which man should not wish to learn."
    Augustine

LaMuerte's Avatar Senator

We don't need modern sensitive effeminates like Zach or John. We need a real man with real chesthair for the role.

Let's just use processor power to plaster Aristoteles "Telly" Savalas' face (and chest!) over some noob actors face.

Who's your daddy,Cleopatra...

Last edited by LaMuerte; January 19, 2019 at 04:59 PM.

Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σωτήρ's Avatar Yeah science!
    Civitate

I couldn't care lees about this film, but...

Quote Originally Posted by alhoon View Post
    The same actress that plays Cleopatra, in male regalia and a touch of make-up and computer graphics of course! After 12 generations of mostly inbreeding (or completely inbreeding) they would be discernable only by beard.

Lady Gaga for Ptolemy XII!
    +rep

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    I think we all know the real answer...

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by LaMuerte View Post
    We don't need modern sensitive effeminates like Zach or John. We need a real man with real chesthair for the role.

Let's just use processor power to plaster Aristoteles "Telly" Savalas' face (and chest!) over some noob actors face.

Who's your daddy,Cleopatra...

An obvious choice! +rep
    Last edited by Ἀπολλόδοτος Α΄ ὁ Σω January 20, 2019 at 08:22 AM.
    "First get your facts straight, then distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain

οὐκ ἦν μὲν ἐγώ, νῦν δ' εἰμί· τότε δ' ούκ ἔσομαι, ούδέ μοι μελήσει

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Hank Azaria could make a great Ptolemy, but AJ just needs to be Cleo. Sorry Lady Gaga.

Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Sir Adrian's Avatar the Imperishable

Tony Sirico should play Caesar
    Under the patronage of Pie the Inkster Click here to find a hidden gem on the forum!

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Settra View Post
    Tony Sirico should play Caesar
    Hah! Nice. Maybe he should be Mark Antony instead, though, because he has that sort of meatheaded jock type of attitude (and I could definitely see him being toyed with by a seductive woman like Cleopatra). He doesn't exactly carry the same gravitas and dignitas of Gaius Julius Caesar, who put on a rather stoic and humble face in public despite his clearly rabid and unquenchable ambitions. Given his outstanding role as Nikita Khrushchev in that Death of Stalin movie, I stick with my original choice for Caesar: Steve Buscemi.

Jesus. I just tried imagining Buscemi pulling out the "Et tu, Brute?" moment the same way Hinds did in Rome​, and ended up laughing for a minute non-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    Jesus. I just tried imagining Buscemi pulling out the "Et tu, Brute?" moment the same way Hinds did in Rome​, and ended up laughing for a minute non-stop.
    "Am I the only professional here?" - Gaius Julius Caesar, 44 BC

https://i.imgur.com/TcVNYNC.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    "Am I the only professional here?" - Gaius Julius Caesar, 44 BC
    Well, to be fair, he was.

Senator

James Purefoy as Marc Antony, don`t dare to use someone else.

Aexodus's Avatar Persuasion>Coercion
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morifea View Post
    James Purefoy as Marc Antony, don`t dare to use someone else.

Marc Antony: I'm glad you're so confident. Some would call it hubris.

Caesar: It's only hubris if I fail.
    Last edited by Aexodus; January 24, 2019 at 05:55 PM.
    Patronised by Pontifex Maximus
    Quote Originally Posted by Himster View Post
    The trick is to never be honest. That's what this social phenomenon is engineering: publicly conform, or else.

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Danny Devito

Nah it should be a British actor. You can't have a movie set in the ancient times without British people larping as Italians.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Oda Nobunaga View Post
    Danny Devito

Nah it should be a British actor. You can't have a movie set in the ancient times without British people larping as Italians.
    GOD/ZEUS SAVE THE QUEEN/BASILEIA (βασιλεία)!!!

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    GOD/ZEUS SAVE THE QUEEN/BASILEIA (βασιλεία)!!!
    More like:
    "Jupiter's cock! Remove from ing sight before I remove ing head!"

Why do we need another Cleopatra movie anyway? They are just going to screw it up, either get the story from Shakespeare or some horrible mishmash from various sources, and then have the same conclusion as every other attempt to make this a movie.

Just watch the Liz Taylor film. If just for the fact that it has expensive set pieces, Rex Harris and Richard Burton.
    Last edited by Lord Oda Nobunaga; March 26, 2020 at 03:17 AM.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Kyriakos's Avatar Praeses

Galifianakis is a satyr, and while satyroi did often play the aulos, I don't think he would be close to the ptolemies - he seems to be more the phocid type, into melting all the silver at Delphi to pay mercenaries in the war lost to Alexander's father.
    Λέων μεν ὄνυξι κρατεῖ, κέρασι δε βούς, ἄνθρωπος δε νῷι
    "While the lion prevails with its claws, and the ox through its horns, man does by his thinking"
    Anaxagoras of Klazomenae, 5th century BC

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12