Thread: Stronger Garrisons Mini sub mod

Default Stronger Garrisons Mini sub mod

This sub mod changes garrisons in many cities, with most of the capitals getting one or two more units, in most cases not levies but hoplitai (in Hellenic cities) and even in Carthage a unit of sacred band infantry. The cool down period has also been decreased in all cities, from 10 to 6 turns.

There are new scripted garrisons, we now have Capua (8 units), Felsina (6 units), Lilibaeum (8 units), Utica (8 units) and Mastia (8 units).

Reasons:
    Lilibaeum was an impregnable citadel under Carthaginian control and historically was never conquered by Pirros or Roma, it was delivered to the Romans after the 1st Punic war. Therefore it should be harder to conquer by the player.
    Utica and Capua were some of the biggest cities of the time, should also be harder to conquer.
    Felsina got a garrison to represent the population there and to make it harder for the Roman player to conquer it (normally the city is conquered very early on the campaign).
    Mastia got a garrison to represent the Carthaginian difficulty in fighting the Iberian tribes in that region and because it’s a bit easy to conquer the city after destroying the roaming stack in the region.

To install just extract the file and replace it with the campaign_script file in EBII/data/world/maps/campaign/imperial_campaign. Remember to do a backup of that file in case I did something wrong and the game crashes or you end up not liking it.

NOT SAVEGAME COMPATIBLE.

Edit: Removed Felsina and Mastia from the scripted garrisons, there is a problem when I add this two rebel cities to the script.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Lusitanio; January 22, 2019 at 04:09 PM.

Default Re: Stronger Garrisons Mini sub mod

Definitely will try it.

"najłatwiej i najpiękniej nie gnębić drugich, ale samemu nad sobą pracować, żeby być możliwie jak najlepszym" Sokrates