Thread: Issues Loading Fourth Age mod for BI

Default Issues Loading Fourth Age mod for BI

Hi Guys,

Having some real issues playing this mod, i have been slaying away on the third age and i was ecstatic at the fact id found another LOTR mod.
    So, my issue is that im not totally sure i have the correct launch code. The code i have been inputting is this without the speech marks. "-mod:bi/fatw -nm"

When i put this code in it loads the first screen showing a sword and leather back book with the writing " The Fourth Age" and doesn't move from there.
    This is really frustrating as i feel i have done something wrong but i am totally unsure.

Any help would be hugely appreciated.

Kind regards
    Liam

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Default Re: Issues Loading Fourth Age mod for BI

Hey Liam, hope we can help you get it up and running.

Doesn't sound like one of the common loading errors we get, can you please provide the following information?

1. Version of RTW/BI

2. Version of Windows

3. How long does it sit at the loading screen?

4. If you try this code "-mod:bi/fatw -show_err -nm" does it come up with any errors before or after the loading screen?

Hi Webba,

I bought the Gold version of Rome Total War when it was on sale which included Barbarian Invasion and Alexander. I have tried to check what versions of the games i have, however i have noticed that theres a function on steam that says it will always keep the game up to date so i have always assumed i have the latest version of the games however i havent seen with my own eyes that it is up to date, is there anyway i can check the versions?

I have just checked the version of windows im running and it is windows 7 home premium.

In terms of the loading screen i can't actually give you a figure of how long it stays on the screen for. Purely because after 30-45 minutes i just give up all hope and back to the drawing board i go!

Before i replied to your comment i tried to enter that code into the launch settings and it just does the same, back onto the loading screen with the Sword and leather back book with "The fourth age" written on it (i presume you know what im talking about when you first load the game.

Liam

webba84's Avatar Artifex

Hi Liam,

If you have the steam version that should be fine. Windows 7 is also fine, generally has less problems than windows 10.

Next question, what directory did you install the mod into and if you go into the game folder now what is the file structure? (i.e. .../bi/fatw ?)

Hi Webba,

The route i went was,

Computer - Program files (x86) - Steam - Steamapps - Common - Rome total war gold

Is that correct?

Liam

MasterOfNone's Avatar RTW Modder 2004-2015

Yes, you install it to the Rome folder and this should be how it looks in your files thereafter:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Rome Total War Gold\bi\fatw

Works perfectly.

EDIT: Here's the Start Guide:

http://thefourthage.wikidot.com/start-guide
    Last edited by MasterOfNone; January 17, 2019 at 05:24 AM.
    "One of the most sophisticated Total War mods ever developed..."
    The Fourth Age: Total War - The Dominion of Men