Thread: Choosing best options for best combination of perfomance/quality-NVIDIA PANEL

Nekro_TWH's Avatar Foederatus

Default Choosing best options for best combination of perfomance/quality-NVIDIA PANEL

Guys i was wondering what can i do from nvidia panel to increase the performance and quality (or something between) of my videos games on nvidia panel.
    Some times i used the two auto options with the slider most lately i used let the 3d program choose and now the advance settings but i do not know much about it.

My setup its
    4690K OC to 4.4
    960 G1 OC to 100Hz core and 500Hz memory
    16Gigs ram

and i mostly play Total War games Ck2 and anything steam or gog has for free

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    Artifex Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: Choosing best options for best combination of perfomance/quality-NVIDIA PANEL

Quote Originally Posted by Nekro_TWH View Post
    Guys i was wondering what can i do from nvidia panel to increase the performance and quality (or something between) of my videos games on nvidia panel.
    Some times i used the two auto options with the slider most lately i used let the 3d program choose and now the advance settings but i do not know much about it.

My setup its
    4690K OC to 4.4
    960 G1 OC to 100Hz core and 500Hz memory
    16Gigs ram

and i mostly play Total War games Ck2 and anything steam or gog has for free
    You can use these:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

The Anisotropic Filtering x16 is quite important since many games fail to implement it correctly from the ingame setting panel, negative LOD bias to clamp helps with sprites, Maximum Prerendered frames 1 for CPU bound games(Total war) 3 for Gpu bound games.
    You can also add-make specific setting for every game differently from the Program setting Panel.
    Last edited by ♔Greek Strategos♔; January 17, 2019 at 04:45 PM.

Default Re: Choosing best options for best combination of perfomance/quality-NVIDIA PANEL

Tnx mate I will try those out
    But i have a problem with v-sync. With 960 i can barely have 50-60 fps on ultra high settings an if i enable it it will be cut my fps to 30 right? if i choose adaptive as i understand works a vsync enable above 60 fps and beyond it as disable but for example at warhammer i see more fps than 60 :/ What kind of sorcery is this?

Tnx mate I will try those out
    But i have a problem with v-sync. With 960 i can barely have 50-60 fps on ultra high settings an if i enable it it will be cut my fps to 30 right? if i choose adaptive as i understand works a vsync enable above 60 fps and beyond it as disable but for example at warhammer i see more fps than 60 :/ What kind of sorcery is this?
    There is another option Fast Sync try it out and let me know. You can also limit your fps with various programs like DXtory and Afterburner, GPUTweak and adjust them in cooperation with the Sync method of your choice

"G-SYNC Compatible tests will identify monitors that deliver a baseline VRR experience on GeForce RTX 20-series and GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards, and activate their VRR features automatically"
    No freesync for us 900 series plebs!

"G-SYNC Compatible tests will identify monitors that deliver a baseline VRR experience on GeForce RTX 20-series and GeForce GTX 10-series graphics cards, and activate their VRR features automatically"
    No freesync for us 900 series plebs!
    Correct you have a 960, I forgot. Then try the FPS limiter combined with adaptive and Triple Buffering

I already have better image quality! wow i didn't think they will make such a big difference!

I already have better image quality! wow i didn't think they will make such a big difference!
    Ιt depends on the system, but most of the time it helps with general stability and image quality, indeed.

I think i will stick to non limit for FPS can't get a bloody solution about it XD thanks for the support mate!

I think i will stick to non limit for FPS can't get a bloody solution about it XD thanks for the support mate!
    Ιt's also game related. For example in titles like Skyrim, limiting the FPS 1 point under your screen's hz like 59 for 60hz monitors, will greatly help with tearing. So you could also search specific tips for every game.