Thread: Crash after attacking Klepidava EB2 2.35

Default Crash after attacking Klepidava EB2 2.35

I am playing as Sauromatae faction in EB2 2.35. Early in the game (around 30-38turn) I besieged Klepidava with full stack Sauromatae army (all cavalry only 1 foot unit). My plan was to besiege full 4 turns to lure the neutral army out of Klepidava and destroy them. When neutral army attacked after 4 turns siege, when I press button for "fight in a battle map" the game loaded map for like 20 sek and then crushed. I try to attack Klepidava before 4 turn sige, the game crashed again. I tried the same with Olbia, the game chrashed. Then I changed video settings for MT2 in Eb2 2.35 mod from high to medium. After that I attack Klepidava again and the game worked just fine. I am sending error log when game crashed. Btw you guys great job on mod. It really still very interesting after all these years, each faction is a whole different campaign. I really appreciate your work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Re: Crash after attacking Klepidava EB2 2.35

Could you enable the more detailed logs in your config, then rerun the crash? Aside from saying there's a crash, that log doesn't have any detail of what's going on.

I have a sneaking suspicion it might be something to do with your limited infantry.
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Hi QuintusI need little help. How can you enable details logs in config? Apart from that i can rerun the crash and send detail log. No problem there.

Change your log section to this:

Code:
    [log] 
    to = mods/ebii/logs/eb.system.log.txt 
    level = * trace
    #level = * error
    It began on seven hills - a historical house-ruled Romani AAR
    Heirs to Lysimachos - a semi-historical Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR
    Philetairos' Gift - a second attempt at an Epeiros-as-Pergamon AAR

Here it is. I am sending detailed logs. I besieged Klepidava and wait for 4 turns, when neutral amry attacked me I press the button for fight in the battle view and game crashed. I set video seetings on highest quality. If video settings are on medium then the game Works just fine.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by peltast147 View Post
    Here it is. I am sending detailed logs. I besieged Klepidava and wait for 4 turns, when neutral amry attacked me I press the button for fight in the battle view and game crashed. I set video seetings on highest quality. If video settings are on medium then the game Works just fine.
    That's the problem, then. When memory is overloaded, the game will CTD, and it sounds like that's what's happening. Battlemap events typically create a big "pull" on available memory, and for those who are skating near the edge, that's usually when they get a CTD. There's nothing we can do to change the M2TW hard code (which is the issue), but the individual player can address that. Please review this thread and then, as we suggest, "do your own research" (specifically looking into the subject of Large Address Aware)
    EBII Council

Quote Originally Posted by Kull View Post
    That's the problem, then. When memory is overloaded, the game will CTD, and it sounds like that's what's happening. Battlemap events typically create a big "pull" on available memory, and for those who are skating near the edge, that's usually when they get a CTD. There's nothing we can do to change the M2TW hard code (which is the issue), but the individual player can address that. Please review this thread and then, as we suggest, "do your own research" (specifically looking into the subject of Large Address Aware)
    I am not an computer expert but for now I would say that the video settings and computer graphics can cause CTD.